Lets laugh at inter thread

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:fp: :fp: they're 10th and 11 points away from us

I guess no one is laughing now.

Inter did screw up their coach selection decisions, but actually have invested very heavily on talented players. Most of the players are quite young too, specially in the midfield. It was only a matter of time before the team starts to gel. Inter may not be at Juve's level yet, but sensible big spending over the next window or two will close that gap.

Milan are approx 1 year behind Inter in their rebuilding process. This sale of the club cannot happen fast enough.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I guess no one is laughing now.

Inter did screw up their coach selection decisions, but actually have invested very heavily on talented players. Most of the players are quite young too, specially in the midfield. It was only a matter of time before the team starts to gel. Inter may not be at Juve's level yet, but sensible big spending over the next window or two will close that gap.

Milan are approx 1 year behind Inter in their rebuilding process. This sale of the club cannot happen fast enough.

Let's see what happens over the next few years to inter.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Lel should make a lets laugh at beelan thread now.

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
now change this thread to "lets laugh at bb1lan"

prwcccwpeeepggp.2333.Senzanome.png

#NeverForget

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We spent nowt and still got a trophy :o

a38014e644881af9c14aafd5d22e930d.jpg

You spent 200M over the last 2 seasons and got an EL place :lol:

Grande Inter :proud:

This trophy is an embarrassment. Don't fucking ever mention it again.

We didn't win anything last year to deserve a match. And yet somehow FIGC put us against Juve, in a match in Dubai, in the middle of the season. For fucking what? Money obviously. And you're proud of it?

Fuck off. Dignity is one thing Milanisti must never give up.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
This trophy is an embarrassment. Don't fucking ever mention it again.

We didn't win anything last year to deserve a match. And yet somehow FIGC put us against Juve, in a match in Dubai, in the middle of the season. For fucking what? Money obviously. And you're proud of it?

Fuck off. Dignity is one thing Milanisti must never give up.

This trophy and my team signed jersey are both... awesome

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
merda :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: only idiots support this blue vomit color

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I was hoping that Kondogbia transfer would drive Inter down financially. But it seems that they just dont care and continue to pay harder after every mercato.

Now their midfield is just good enough to afford leaving out Brozovic, Kondogbia and still dominated, I'd love to have either of them here. Apparently they didn't play Joao Mario too, fuck terrible time being a Milan fan.

? inter closet fan maybe ?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I was hoping that Kondogbia transfer would drive Inter down financially. But it seems that they just dont care and continue to pay harder after every mercato.

Now their midfield is just good enough to afford leaving out Brozovic, Kondogbia and still dominated, I'd love to have either of them here. Apparently they didn't play Joao Mario too, fuck terrible time being a Milan fan.

Gtfo!

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
the trend is set...Milan win streak until winter, meanwhile merda is the opposite (??)

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We spent nowt and still got a trophy :o

You spent 200M over the last 2 seasons and got an EL place :lol:

Grande Inter :proud:

You call that a trophy? :eek:

Btw, in the last 2 years since Inter started spending big money, here are the rounded-off figures from Transfermarkt:

Inter: Transfer spend = 270m, Transfer Income = 145m, Net Spend = 125m
Milan: Transfer spend = 120m, Transfer Income = 30m, Net Spend = 90m

So Inter haven't really spent that much more than Milan as you seem to imply... just approx 35m more in 2 years.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Inter merda lost

USVFinm.gif

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
You call that a trophy? :eek:

Btw, in the last 2 years since Inter started spending big money, here are the rounded-off figures from Transfermarkt:

So Inter haven't really spent that much more than Milan as you seem to imply... just approx 35m more in 2 years.

kkkkkkk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
inter spent 150 m more on quality .. and that s huge

why calculate the transfer incomes ? werent we just seeing how much money they both spent only on players

rossonerobg

Primavera
Reaction score

Somehow we've managed to spent 120m and we haven't improved at all, if it wasn't for Gigio (youth product), Suso and Bona (players transferred before those 2 years and costing a grand total of 10 mil) we'd be battling relegation .. that's G for you :g:

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
inter spent 150 m more on quality .. and that s huge

why calculate the transfer incomes ? werent we just seeing how much money they both spent only on players

Net Transfer spend is a better measure of how much a club spends than Gross Spend. Because financially (and sportingly) speaking spending money that you have earned by selling players is not the same thing as spending money after keeping all your players. For e.g., Inter bought Shaqiri for 17m and sold him for 17m in this period. You can say Inter spent 17m (gross) on the squad, but in reality Inter spent nothing (Net).

So Inter have spent only 35m more than Milan over the last two years. Thats give or take a Kondogbia.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Net Transfer spend is a better measure of how much a club spends than Gross Spend. Because financially (and sportingly) speaking spending money that you have earned by selling players is not the same thing as spending money after keeping all your players. For e.g., Inter bought Shaqiri for 17m and sold him for 17m in this period. You can say Inter spent 17m (gross) on the squad, but in reality Inter spent nothing (Net).

So Inter have spent only 35m more than Milan over the last two years. Thats give or take a Kondogbia.

Err... the way you're describing financials would not fly in a board meeting

Especially where you bought a player for 17m one year and sold him in another fiscal period

You also aren't taking into account the way the purchases and sales are structured in regards to actual cash flow of payments on the transfers

Very elementary approach... your post

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Err... the way you're describing financials would not fly in a board meeting

Especially where you bought a player for 17m one year and sold him in another fiscal period

You also aren't taking into account the way the purchases and sales are structured in regards to actual cash flow of payments on the transfers

Very elementary approach... your post

I was simplifying and comparing the "Net Transfer spend" of the two clubs over 2 seasons, and explaining why its a better measure than the total transfer spend (which was what the original post compared). The main point is that Inter haven't really spent as much more money than Milan over the last 2 years as some people think.

I could analyse it from an P&L & Cash flow point of view, but even if you have the appetite for it, you will like it even less. For example in 2015-16, Inter actually make a profit in their books from transfers whereas Milan made losses from their transfers, even though Inter spent more money. Not that Inter management are more competent (they aren't really), but Inter were bound by FFP agreements and had to do it that way.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
its like we re using numbers to lie to ourselves :lol: i suck at math no doubt but lets look at things in a very simple way;

Inter spent 270m on quality .

Milan spent 130m on quality .

saying you guys only spent 30m more than us ( a kondogbia ) is ridiculous , when in fact you guys spent more this winter alone than us all mercatos combined ( gagz loan + 30 m in summer )

Last edited:

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
its like we re using numbers to lie to ourselves :lol: i suck at math no doubt but lets look at things in a very simple way;

saying you guys only spent 30m more than us ( a kondogbia ) is ridiculous , when in fact you guys spent more this winter alone than us all mercatos combined ( gagz loan + 30 m in summer )

Neruda, I understand where you are coming from. My point is that "Total transfer Spend" can be a misleading figure, "Net Transfer spend" is usually a better indicative of investment "on quality".

For example, if Milan had bought Aubameyang for 150m last summer and for some reason (financial or sporting) Milan sold him in January for say 200m. Milan's Total Transfer Spend in 2 years would have been 270m, but the squad quality would be exactly the same as it is now. You see where I am going with this? Because if you look at Net Transfer spend (Players bought - players sold), then the actual picture will emerge.

Inter did exactly the same thing with players like Shaqiri, Jovetic, etc. So Inter's total transfer spend looks like a bloated figure. But when you look at the Net Transfer Spend, the real picture emerges:

Inter: Players bought = 270m, Players sold = 145m, Net Spend = 125m
Milan: Players bought = 120m, Players sold = 30m, Net Spend = 90m

So in reality, Inter have only spend 35m more than Milan in the last 2 years. Inter have a high player churn because of FFP and the fact that Inter have no consistent vision while selecting coaches (new coach is always tactically opposite of the previous coach and needs different players).

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I was simplifying and comparing the "Net Transfer spend" of the two clubs over 2 seasons, and explaining why its a better measure than the total transfer spend (which was what the original post compared). The main point is that Inter haven't really spent as much more money than Milan over the last 2 years as some people think.

I could analyse it from an P&L & Cash flow point of view, but even if you have the appetite for it, you will like it even less. For example in 2015-16, Inter actually make a profit in their books from transfers whereas Milan made losses from their transfers, even though Inter spent more money. Not that Inter management are more competent (they aren't really), but Inter were bound by FFP agreements and had to do it that way.

I don't like it or not like it.

I'm saying your initial explanation was an oversimplification

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

:lol: :fp:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Icardi, Inter fined for autobiography

:D

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane