Documentaries

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I'll start off with sports other subjects are more than welcome. The whole series is to be watched if you consider yourself a sports fan - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30

Latest:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
This one is also connected to ESPN somehow(found it at their 30 for 30 twitter) but not mentioned at Wikipedia. With the regretful events that lead to Dan Wheldon's death and style that took down Super Sic it's good time to remember the legend:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Latest documentaryt I have seen atm is

Not connected to ESPn but a good doc with nice humour, tragic and everything about Donetsk, commies:-)mad:), simple man, politics, power.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Good thread, haven't seen that one, maybe I should!

Think this is probably my favorite documentary made in recent years. It follows the street art scene, but does it in a funny way. Has a great arc to it, and has some cool themes about art and what it is etc. Great watch, if you haven't seen it do it!

Also Anvil! The Story of Anvil is awesome.

It follows this heavy band who used to tour with Metallica and the likes back in the 80's, but never really got anywhere. They're still out there though, trying to make it big. Such a good film

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
An old one, but still very relevant for those who follow calcio:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good thread, haven't seen that one, maybe I should!
Think this is probably my favorite documentary made in recent years. It follows the street art scene, but does it in a funny way. Has a great arc to it, and has some cool themes about art and what it is etc. Great watch, if you haven't seen it do it!
Good movie but really disturbing experience for me. Hated the Brainwash dude from scene 1. And also I misunderstood what I was about to watch and kept waiting to see insight on streetart and Banksy instead of that poser.
Also Anvil! The Story of Anvil is awesome.

It follows this heavy band who used to tour with Metallica and the likes back in the 80's, but never really got anywhere. They're still out there though, trying to make it big. Such a good film
We talked a bit about it in Movies thread at some point.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Vice Guide to Liberia" and "The Vice Guide to North Korea" are pretty good.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I eat meat and all but I don't go to Dolphin shows bacause of this(Oscar 2010)

(hmm ... should take down the tempo otherwise superb docus will just die under heavy posting one day ... )

Last edited:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also Louis Theroux's short documentaries (I think you can call them that) are quite interesting.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I eat meat and all but I don't go to Dolphin shows bacause of this(Oscar 2010)

(hmm ... should take down the tempo otherwise superb docus will just die under heavy posting one day ... )

I know what movie you're talking about, but you should fix the link :thumbsup:

And I know how you feel, I don't go to dolphin shows either... we don't have dolphins here you see. But wouldn't go either

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know what movie you're talking about, but you should fix the link :thumbsup:

And I know how you feel, I don't go to dolphin shows either... we don't have dolphins here you see. But wouldn't go either

Fixed. We don't go here as well but I link the film to friends who post pics at these Dolphin shows taking a moral high-ground.

But it's a great documentary for other reasons as well. Like the planning of their action is impressive. Equal to another great/famous documentary ...

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
werner herzog: take ur pic. many many excellent documentaries.

i like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echoes_from_a_Somber_Empire

also his films about antarctica and that cave with the paintings.

herzog is the best.

:thumbsup:

Haven't seen any docs from him, but love Herzog

Heard his documentary on Klaus Kinski is suposed to be awesome, mostly because they're both apparently mad, seen that?
herzog-and-kinski.jpg

:lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
yea! its great!! :star:

that clip is from my favorite movie EVER! aguirre......man o man what a masterpiece :eek: :eek:

actually...pretty much every herzog/kinski movie is my favorite ever :lol: that pic is from cobra verde pretty sure...crasy movie!!!!!!!!!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Haven't seen any docs from him, but love Herzog

Heard his documentary on Klaus Kinski is suposed to be awesome, mostly because they're both apparently mad, seen that?
:lol:

I watched this documentary - Burden of Dreams
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083702/

It's about the chaotic production of Fritizcarraldo in Amazon jungle. They had problems with war, diseases and Kinski acting as a major douchebag all the production. At some point in the film, Herzog says a local offered himself to murder Kinski for him, and he only declined cause he needed him to finish the movie :lol:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I watched this documentary - Burden of Dreams
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083702/

It's about the chaotic production of Fritizcarraldo in Amazon jungle. They had problems with war, diseases and Kinski acting as a major douchebag all the production. At some point in the film, Herzog says a local offered himself to murder Kinski for him, and he only declined cause he needed him to finish the movie :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Awesome. The boat the locals carry over the mountain in the movie, the locals ACTUALLY carried over the mountain during the shooting, no cranes or whatever, they actually did it. Insane :lol::lol::lol: Gonna have to watch that, cause only read about the making of the film

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have watched The Two Escobars two times and is really great documentary.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is it really worth a watch? Seems like a classical PR shit to explode celebrity status. (and show 'how good guy he really is', maybe)

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
I found it interesting, but then I'm into shit like that just out of curiosity, they could've done it with anyone. I found it a bit annoying when they said he's got the best free kick out there. When everyone knows its Juninho Pernambucano.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it really worth a watch? Seems like a classical PR shit to explode celebrity status. (and show 'how good guy he really is', maybe)

Im not CR fan,but i liked this.Some interesting moments there.He could easily not participate in this documentary but he did.Some could think like you that this is PR or whatsoever,but for me this just proved to me that he is the most complete player today.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im not CR fan,but i liked this.Some interesting moments there.He could easily not participate in this documentary but he did.Some could think like you that this is PR or whatsoever,but for me this just proved to me that he is the most complete player today.

Aigth. I might give it a try when I feel like it. But did it look like a TV-show(e.g. Football's Greatest) or was it a real documentary(one could be shown at a cinema)?

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aigth. I might give it a try when I feel like it. But did it look like a TV-show(e.g. Football's Greatest) or was it a real documentary(one could be shown at a cinema)?

Didn't watch Football's Greatest:),but this is definitely documentary,which could be seen only at youtube:D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think I mentioned this:

Russia's toughest prison

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
aryan brother hood anyone?

food.inc is also awesome

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dig!

Documentary about Dandy Warhols and Brian Jonestown Massacre. Story of music, artistry, friendship, crazyness, good music.