Paolo Maldini Thread

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I think he questions the influence they have. Baresi is basically in some go-to-preacher role, Inzaghi has 0 influence on the first team, Tassotti is being ran over every time we talk about new coach as well as when Allegri came, Braida influence has been reduced according to Paolo. The way I get it Paolo would like a (only) sporting director job. But it's been cut in Milan so Galliani(as well as Barbara?) has more power. This all in Milan - a team famous for it's nepotism.
I don't think they have this "little influence" because the management wanted to, but because that's the role they wanted to have. That's the thing, at least so far. And maybe that's how their cut out to be (well we still don't know about Pippo, he might grow within the team up tot he first team within the years), at the end of the day, just because you were an ex player of a glorious period of time in the team doesn't mean you're bound to be great at management, and that's something Paolo should know. If those guys are there but don't have enough influence in big decisions its partly because a) they don't want to and/or b) they don't have the qualities to be more than that.

As for Paolo himself, like I said, he himself closed some doors, he wants a very specific HIGH position. He could make himself available for Milan in other ways too, starting lower and rising up. At least give it a chance, lets see if our management doesn't want him at all related to Milan, or if they just don't think he's ready for such a big role.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
@Milanello

Allegri: "It was my idea to bring back Maldini a couple of years ago, but ideas don't always work out. It wasn't possible. That's all."

Wow Paolo is such a gossip girl eeyore :rolleyes:

He needs to retire his old ass now if he can't appreciate the swag of this new Milan :cool:

The fact that he can talk about Allegri wanting Paolo (who has never oached in his life) to point out his (numerous) tactical errors is laughable. dai dai dai = the Mecca of tactical wisdom :o

His shout out to fellow feminine gossip girl whining pussy L30, (who also got tired of Berlu's corrupt destruction of the club and has the balls to stand up for himself) is fucking unforgivable. Who does this old dude think he is anyway :max:

HOW on earth do you get this troll-garbage out of allegri's quote.

anywaym, everyone knows about paolo's feelings towards galliani. Galliani drives me a bit mad... a lot mad, but he's infinitely more qualified for his job than paolo is. X-players tend to make horrible directors w/ limited budgets

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious how Paolo said he doesn't want to get involved in the politics of the club... The role Allegri offered to him is all about politics. It's basically a crisis manager, he would deal with all the players concerns, shield Allegri against media, do a lot of the dirty work management needs to.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Poalo doesn't want to get that role (IMO), but he would be great at man management.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Curious how Paolo said he doesn't want to get involved in the politics of the club... The role Allegri offered to him is all about politics. It's basically a crisis manager, he would deal with all the players concerns, shield Allegri against media, do a lot of the dirty work management needs to.

That's an original take on the issue. I agree to the extent that Maldini seems to be looking for a specific role. As much sporting-related as possible, and not political or managerial.

The fact that Galliani is prepared to get Gattuso back in such a role but not Maldini speaks volumes.

Galliani's current good relationship with the Ultras definitely has something to do with this.

Whether that's good or bad for the club is pure speculation. Maldini fandom can't blind one to facts. Fan support is critical in times of little success.

far5had

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Diego Lopez
29544_314872845283768_876556055_n.jpg

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Fantasy: Maldini should go to the middle east or whatever, find us a rich guy to buy the club and takeover G`s job .

Get Rui Costa on board also:D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
ESPN Docu tonight..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Cap it + translate it!!!!!!

fred if your up for this I'll give you my account.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i just sent him an email with your post :o

next time you send him an email, say hi to fred for me, would you please?

p.s. maldini is awesome

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
ragazza: will do

laser: i don't think fred will step up... he answered (jokingly) with something that i can't post here :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ragazza: will do

laser: i don't think fred will step up... he answered (jokingly) with something that i can't post here :o

Always knew fred will pussy out.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Schedule