Italian Football Thread III

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes it is genuinely open this season as opposed to the hopefully open scenario we all wished for in the last few years.

Juventus have objectively declined by losing key players. Inter and Milan have clearly improved. Roma is still exciting but as we saw tonight still unable to close things off. Napoli can only better last season.

Great season ahead.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Napoli wont ever get a better chance.

Milan still I feel has a better first 11 than inter, Inter possibly has the better and more experienced coach. Milans sub bench is serie B like though hahha , so this will come down to luck as well as coaching and skill

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Well forza Raiola in getting Icardi sold to Barca asap.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoli wont ever get a better chance.

Milan still I feel has a better first 11 than inter, Inter possibly has the better and more experienced coach. Milans sub bench is serie B like though hahha , so this will come down to luck as well as coaching and skill

We aren't finishing top 4 without scoring 65-70 goals. Who will score those goals for us?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It still looks like it will be juve though. Allegris teams has always been meh in the first half of the season and then somehow go undefeated the other half.

Only napoli are a threat to them, unless inter do a conte 2011/12

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We aren't finishing top 4 without scoring 65-70 goals. Who will score those goals for us?

Bona will chip in with 8-10 I feel

Kessie 5 ish

We are more of a threat of set peices

Kalinic and Silva I feel one can get 15 plus

Suso could get 6-7

Not sure after tbh

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS

Kessie 5 ish

Suso could get 6-7

Not sure after tbh

FB's are going to score at least 10 between them.

They are playing really high for us and both Conti and Rodriguez are scoring FB's

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FB's are going to score at least 10 between them.

They are playing really high for us and both Conti and Rodriguez are scoring FB's

depends on what formation we play 3-5-2 yes, 4-3-3 a bit more unsure

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Kessie 5 ish

Suso could get 6-7

Not sure after tbh

Kalinic and Cutrone/Silva together will hopefully get around 25. But I think we are still short and need another goalscorer in the attack.

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
depends on what formation we play 3-5-2 yes, 4-3-3 a bit more unsure

Against Skendria (not a measure, i agree) when Silva scored, both of our FB's were deep in the box and were our most advanced players (even in front of Silva) even though we played 4-3-3.

I believe our FB's are going to get goals, especially since its Conti (good instincts) and RR (FK master)

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalinic and Cutrone/Silva together will hopefully get around 25. But I think we are still short and need another goalscorer in the attack.

Honestly think our striker options are fine, its more the wing if we play 4-3-3 and cm

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Played against completely new Fiorentina on the opening day and now scored against roma with fazio as a CB, doubt Icardi will be a threat to a great defence when he is the only player you have to watch out for.

Aren't Chiellini and Bonucci the 2 players that Icardi has scored the most goals against, and Juve the team?

Also, there is maybe one good defensive team in Serie A, so why does it matter if Icardi would be a threat to a great defence when there is almost no great defence in Serie A? Even the best teams in the world like Real, Bayern, and Barca have horrible defences.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Napoli and inter should pose a genuine threat to juve, but ive seen even better inter teams than this fail tbh.

We will hopefully be better than roma. I think they will really struggle.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Is it true that roma signed schick?

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter have perisic candreva and icardi....that I would take at milan.. no one else.. calm your tits. I think they can do well.. but fuck me guys, acting like we are their bitch! Even then I think suso is better than candreva ATM

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Suso is 100p better than candreva lool not even close. I would even say he is better than perisic

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Inter have perisic candreva and icardi....that I would take at milan.. no one else.. calm your tits. I think they can do well.. but fuck me guys, acting like we are their bitch! Even then I think suso is better than candreva ATM

Candreva is terrible. Perisic is a big game player for sure, and typically always shows up against the best teams.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Updated season predictions: Napoli, Juventus, Milan, Roma. Inter won't come close to top 4.

tenor.gif

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Lol Suso is 1000x the player candreva is...

Candreva crosses the ball from right wing..that's all.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Inter won a derby in Rome, after almost a decade of non stop failures against a weakened Roma side..some of you need to calm your tits.

We have the same squad depth as they do (shitty), so both of us can easily get CL places. Title challenge will still be between Juve and Napoli, with the later having finally a really good chance to win it.

1 and 2 between Juve/ Napoli
3 and 4 between Milan and Inter
Point gap
Rest of the shitheads.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Inter won a derby in Rome, after almost a decade of non stop failures against a weakened Roma side..some of you need to calm your tits.

We have the same squad depth as they do (shitty), so both of us can easily get CL places. Title challenge will still be between Juve and Napoli, with the later having finally a really good chance to win it.

1 and 2 between Juve/ Napoli
3 and 4 between Milan and Inter
Point gap
Rest of the shitheads.

Merda only play once a week. That's a huge advantage for them. Plus they finally have a good coach.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Icardi beat Roma yesterday, not Inter. There was nothing to suggest from the match that Inter has become some supersonic team. They looked just the same as a team as last season with the difference that they have a really world-class striker who seem to have improved more. I saw zero Spalletti effect.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Icardi beat Roma yesterday, not Inter. There was nothing to suggest from the match that Inter has become some supersonic team. They looked just the same as a team as last season with the difference that they have a really world-class striker who seem to have improved more. I saw zero Spalletti effect.

Dude they have a new team just like ours. They haven't even used their new much better FBs yet. Give them time.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not a Barca style player. Also Barca are the ones that lost him for almost nothing.

I think Barcelona will now be thinking of a reboot. It's time they did one because the spine of the team is sort of drifting away while a new spine isn't made yet. They will lose to Madrid, Juventus and probably Bayern more often than not if they play these teams right now. With their ambitions, that calls for a re-build, not just a tweak. Raiola has an opportunity to pitch Icardi as part of that reboot.

Schedule