Alessandro Nesta Thread

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Fucking love Nesta!

So sad, so sad, so sad

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Noooo:( :cry: :cry: I just read it, horrible news:cry:

I wish he could stay, I'll miss Sandro so much. I'm glad I got his jersey this season, else it would've been too late.

Thank you Sandro, you are a legend, we'll never forget you.:proud: :cry:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Fuck you fuck this world fuck everything good in it.
hurts

thanks for coming to my house on weekends for last 10 years :)

I love you .. :beer:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
red bull vs milan friendly ? :g:

although i definitely wont watch that match. Nesta. :cry: I will never see him with another club's shirt. :cry:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
One of the greatest defenders in history. I don't take pleasure in watching defenders, with the exception of Nesta.

Waiting for galliani statement

'we have mexes, mesbah, we are fine as we are'

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
from all senatores hes the one I least wanted to leave :(

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Great player, one of the best defenders ever.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thank u so very much, proud to have witnessed such high quality defending and such beautiful personality grace my club of choice.

What a loss for milan and italian football. Practically the last of the great, great, GREAT italian defenders.

Imagine just how sad Silva must be:cry:, i know he valued him oh so very much. OMG sending u a hug trough the interwebs Thiago!!:cry::cry:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
One of the greatest defenders in history. I don't take pleasure in watching defenders, with the exception of Nesta.

Waiting for galliani statement

'we have mexes, mesbah, we are fine as we are'

If a player arrives to 'replace' Nesta that'd be bullshit. Nesta is irreplacable and everyone knows it. But who knows what B&G will pull out of their asses this time..

Forza Nesta!
#GrazieNesta :star:

:(

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
This Sucks.. Even when Maldini left I was not this down :(

Sad day for Milanistas all over the world :(

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏ @Milanello

Nesta: "This is my last season with Milan."

Nesta: "If I don't feel important, then I prefer staying at home."

Nesta: "In February I decided that it would be my last season for Milan. I told it to the board as well."

Nesta: "I have offers from other clubs, but I haven't signed anything yet."

Nesta: "It has been 10 wonderful years with Milan."

Nesta: "I've won a lot and out of respect for the club and myself, I will now go and have a new experience."

Nesta: "I wouldn't mind going to the USA to play, but I have other choices as well."

Nesta: "I'm going to miss everyone. I want to thank everyone who works at Milanello, the chefs, waiters, cleaners, everyone."

Nesta: "Naturally I'm going to miss my legendary teammates like Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Maldini, Costacurta, Pirlo and the others."

Nesta: "The most beautiful and special victory? The Champions League win in 2003 vs. Juventus."

Nesta: "Ancelotti was the best coach. I feel very close to him. He is the perfect coach." @MrAncelotti

Nesta: "I often talk with Ancelotti and he recently called me, but it wasn't to try and convince me to join PSG."

Nesta: "I'm leaving because the level in the Serie A, CL and CI is too high for me now. I wil go and play where the level is lower."

Nesta: "The board asked me to stay for one more year, but I had already made my decision."

Nesta: "Who will be the future Nesta? He is already here. It's Thiago Silva."

Nesta: "To start a new winning cycle, Milan must find the right people. People like Pirlo and Seedorf who have done so much for Milan."

Nesta: "Milan must create a group of serious professionals and winners in order to start winning again."

Nesta: "I'm leaving Milan disappointed because we hoped to win the Scudetto." :(

Nesta: "I don't know what the future will look like for Milan, because a lot of players will be leaving Milan now."

Nesta: "If you spend money on new players and offer renewals then you're able to stay the highest level but I don't know what Milan will do"

Nesta: "Ancelotti was the most important coach in my career, not only because of what we won but also due to his personal characteristics."

Nesta: "I take with me a great memory of these 10 years and therefore I want to thank everyone from the board, the players and the fans."

Nesta: "I believe that this is the right time to leave Milan. I explained my

Nesta: "The best Milan side that I've played was the 2003-2004 side, when Kakà arrived and we won the Scudetto."

Nesta: "lThe strongest defence during my time at Milan was the 2004-2005 defence with Stam, Maldini and Kaladze."

Nesta: "All these beautiful moments with Milan that I've experienced in the past 10 years, will always remain in my heart."

Nesta: "Lazio and Milan will always be in my heart. They are the only clubs that I have played for."

Nesta: "I take with me the affection of all the people who work at Milanello. I'm displeased to leave, but they'll always be my friends."

Nesta: "I will always root for Lazio and Milan."

Nesta: "If it's true that I said that "Messi is too fast for me"? No, I didn't say that."

Nesta: "It wasn't a long conversation when I called Galliani to explain my decision. It only took 5 minutes."

Nesta: "I hope that Thiago Silva will become better than me and achieve more with Milan than I did."

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Farewell go to a legend ..

Of all the senetores in our squad he was the last I wanted to leave .. Absolute legend ..

Thanks for all the memories .. !!!

I hope rumors r not true that he's leaving cos of bad relationship with coach/management. It's his absolute class that he's not following Pirlo to Juventus and is playing in US for 1 million an year ..

Thanks for the memories again !!! :(:(

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
this thread cannot be put into the former players thread.

HE IS ALESSANDRO! HE IS FOREVER OFFICIAL

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Silva is one of the best, and is probably my favourite player in this new Milan, but he doesn`t come close to what this man represents.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, he`s one of the few players that`ll remain in our hearts long after he quits football.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Yeah fuck this can we sticky him to the top of players section???

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Knew this was coming for the past couple of years, but it still badly hurts. The absolute best and classiest defender I've ever had the pleasure of watching. And yeah...the sexiest & gorgeous!

I hope to see him wear the captain's armband and lead the team onto the pitch Sunday. That'll be awesome!

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
Another proof on how Max fucked the team

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
It was an honor watching him dominate sunday after sunday for all of these years

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
duno what to say, im just very sad. hasnt hit me yet. him and Paolo, my two boys

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Nesta is 36... I have a feelin he wanted a 2 year contract n Milan refused (mothers), he said as much in the press thingy, he doesnt like spending time on the bench. He also cussed Allegri a little bit by sayin he sucks at personal relationships. Y U NO OFFER NESTA A 2 YEAR CONTRACT DAMN YOU MILAN.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
So I found this ollllld notebook from when I was 10-11. My team of the season 98-99:
Buffon (Parma); Thuram (Parma), Nesta (Lazio), Cannavaro (Parma), Maldini (Milan); Davids (Juventus), Boban (Milan), Rui Costa (Fiorentina), Totti (Roma); Batistuta (Fiorentina), Vieri (Lazio).

Bench: Toldo (Fiorentina); Costacurta (Milan), Montero (Juventus), Albertini (Milan), Verón (Parma), Zidane (Juventus), Weah (Milan), Amoruso (Udinese)

Yes I know, there's a lack of balance with the excess of AMs there, but can you blame me with that defensive fort? And yes Zidane was bench, I don't care if he was Zidane.

But eitherway, point being, I loved Nesta's work since I started rooting for Milan, when I was still learning about football, and when he was a Lazio player and I loathed Lazio, I really REALLY loathed Lazio, I actually felt it was poetic justice that they draw vs Fiorentina in a very polemical match. But Nesta, I mean, if you understand football a little bit, you know the wonderfulness that is to watch Nesta at CB, it's not just the perfect timming in his tackles, the way he organized a defensive line, but how he did all that with such elegance and confidence. He's the last one of the great CBs in the world, he was that last one I hold on to in hope that some day the world was going to produce CBs like him, and eventhough guys like Thiago, Vidic, Piqué (I know he sucked this season, but I do see the quality in it), and a few otehrs are really good, they're just not in that level.

And yes I saw Nesta's biggest fails in football, that game were he had to be taken at HT with Lazio cause Montella was pwning him over and over, the la Coruña disaster...the beauty about defenders like him was that they could've had a really REALLY bad game, but you didn't lose hope on them for the next match, actually you always were confident with them on the pitch (point being as much as I celebrated that tackle on Messi back in September, I knew if there was one in our team that was going to make such an epic moment it was him). Heck even when he wasn't at the top in this past few years, he was the one I trusted to help our backline.

And the way he always came back stronger post injuries. TBF, my first real knowledge of Nesta was in Italy vs Austria 98' WC, he came off injured at the 4th minute of the first half, he came back with the season under way and led Lazio's defense...next season he led Lazio's defense again and became the youngest captain ever to win a scudetto and he was amazing in that season. 2002 he got injured during the WC again...Milan got him, and he was the difference maker between a goodish team and a CL winning squad.

Had injuries during the next season, but after La Coruña he took again his role and dominated everyone. 06' WC got injured, missed the tournament, and missed like half the season with Milan, came back vs Roma in March 2007, again the difference maker between a CL winning squad and one that did so-so, he was crowned with a goal vs Boca Juniors in the CWC final (one that he missed 4 years before). He then had on going back issues, his career was on the line for 2 seasons...but he made an incredible comeback, and he formed a new awesome partnership next to Thiago.

Thank you Nesta. I hope that NY gets to play in the Concacaf and that our teams face, would be an honour to see you play in here.

Schedule