Europa League Qualif. Round 3: AC Milan - Bod?/Glimt 24/09/2020 20:30 CET

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the major issue is simply fitness. And we were down several players. Rebic better work his ass off next game.

This is the big thing. The chances were there to kill the game we didn?t take them, got exhausted and it?s no shock to them push at the end of the match.

The team is short handed right now, that covid break is catching up. The team worked super hard to close last season, playing a lot of games in short span. So playing every three days to start the season while most other teams are just getting into it, it?s taking its toll. Hopefully convinced them more players are needed and fast. If this team gets tired and in a hole early, it will be hard to catch up.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It was not Pioli's best day here but I put some of the blame on the management. Pioli gets his share for how disorganized the team was at the end but the thing is he had to make improvisations. That's what happens when you're only able to field 16 players. That made the team worse after every sub and on top of that this a team not even close to being fit... and is playing every 3 days anyway. Samu, Benna and Theo particularly seem to be far from their best.

Given all dificulties I will take the qualification and run. And thanks Hakan cause he basically alone decided this. What a game for him,

Now the focus should be getting the players back and solve the holes in the squad. Like... If the CB is going to be a loan anyway, let's get him for once.

Agree completely.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
We are obvs a tired team. Not only are we playing consistently but the covid thing I'm sure is wearing on the players minds. This WI be the toughest part of the season. Not to mention three of our best goal scorers were out of the squad. Get a grip people today was awesome and showed how much the. Team has grown.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Glad to see Hakan Costa, not Hakan Oliveira today. Credit is due to him.

Keep it up.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
How people gonna be pissed maldini went on? Kid did well got minutes and nearly scored. Fuck off.

Rather see maldini than diaz anyday

Don't cut yourself on all that edge kid

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LOL at blaming Pioli for the subs.

Our 3 established strikers were unavailable which meant Colombo had to start.
He was out-gassed long before the hour mark for some reason and was practically begging to be subbed. The closest thing to a forward on our bench was freaking Daniel Maldini.

Bennacer->Tonali
Tonali was supposed to be a backup that's good enough to start.
Turns out he's not even bench material at the moment.
Krunic was a better sub in that role last season, and he's not even a DM.

Samu->Krunic
Samu has had an awful start to the season and didn't deserve to finish the game.
Krunic...Diaz...there are pros and cons to both options.
Diaz is a better attacker, but is completely devoid of midfield qualities.
Krunic almost got an assist and did pretty good individually, but he messes up the structure. Actually both do.
Diaz or no Diaz, the team has ended the last 2 games horribly.

This was a good attacking performance and result all things considered.
The drop at the end should be expected, considering the absentees and we're only at the start of the season whereas Bodo are in the middle of theirs.
Also, they should not be underestimated.
Bodo have a strong attack.
Our attack was decimated due to absentees, and yet they outscored Bodo even though they wasted tons of chances.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Daniel Maldini is still in the Milan senior team because of his father. This needs to stop now. He is so shit and don't have what it takes to play in Serie A. Yes, he scored an offside goal but other than that he was so bad and we have seen already in the friendly games that he is not senior team material.
Maldini was much better yesterday than tonali since he came here. He got almost everything right. Don't know where the hatred comes from. Our game sucked after sale switched flanks. Hakan and Theo completely disappeared after that.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think you guys are overreacting

This many matches this early will always be tough on the squad esp with players missing for several reasons. The side did really well for like 70' and then just gassed

Those guys have crazy heart though, fought til the very end. That clearance on the Salad makes chance was all heart

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Definitely reading too much into this game. Glimt is a solid side ready to play, and we had a ton of structural issues with subs. Tonali still looks scared and is having the big club initial shock factor so he's not ready yet. Daniel Maldini is not a striker so had to play out of position. No Rebic, no Leao, no Ibra, and Samu hasn't started very hot meant we had a very frail team today. Honestly it was a great win given what we had and it proved to me a HUUUGE positive. That we can win the dirty games and had character til the end, that's massive. So just chill. Does show that we could use Chiesa, a mid and a CB still.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
When I heard Zlatan was out I didn?t expect a win. Last minute exclusion meant we had no preparation for his replacement. We were already missing Rebic and Leao who im sure would usually be Zlatans backups. Plus Bodo was in good form and had the fitness of a team in mid season.
So considering all that, a win feels great. Extending our win streak to 16 feels awesome. And seeing Colombo score is reassuring.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I really hope Leao will be ready for the Rio Ave match so we get more speed upfront

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Is Rebic banned for Rio Ave too?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, 3 games so he'll be able to play if we qualify for the group stage games

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Glad we won, even though by all accounts it was an ugly win.

I'm not that worried about Tonali, I'm more worried about reading about Theo not having proper fitness levels. Tonali will surely grow into his role, once the butterflies of joining his childhood team go away.

He was not bough for a starting role, and it way too early to judge how good he will be for us as a sub.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I am glad it's a single leg so we don't play them away.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
pioli could use laxalt instead of krunic on lm like he played before milan
diaz is faster and can control the ball better than Dmaldini who is weak and slow
kalulu was good on going forward if we need fresh legs on right side for attack and defense

i understand we need to take off colombo, playing shit samu and adding fresh legs to midfield but we ended with
daniele-hakan
krunic-kessie-tonali-saele
theo-gabbia-kjaer-calab
and what do you expect from this lineup when theo, kessie, hakan, calab and saele are tired (after 70 minutes)??

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Ugly in the end but we got the win. A tricky team in magnificent form. We were three matches in with many absentees.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score

Thank you for sharing this. I made some outlandish statements directly following this game and I want to watch it again to see if I was being too harsh or I'm just flat out wrong. I am open-minded enough to challenge myself on purpose. I don't think I considered context enough. General, Vulture, Congo, and Leaf do you approve of this quest to self-discovery?

Also, does anyone have an open source link for "Waking a sleeping giant"? The link shared in the commode expired. Thanks in advance!

Schedule