The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't addicted to Suso's crosses or shots. The crosses were confusing. They didn't hit our strikers nor on-target.

Maybe you weren't but for sure every coach since Montella was. For around 3 years our gameplan was give the ball to Suso and hope for the best.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
:proud:

281484f462671df3ed775f53e1907559.jpg

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i just miss glorious european night :head:

the anticipation before final is the best feeling ever :b:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I don?t think Milan has played its best football yet, which makes the 4-0 start that much more impressive.

Agree. Milan did not play its best yet. But lets go one game by one. Season is long. Who knows what will gappen with thus covid shit also.

Step by step. But this is not 100% of this team yet.

And winter mercato must bring cb + dm.

Also, we had luck with schedule and now the momentum is on our side.

Tommirow I will translate in short whole Ibra post game interwiew. Very interesting.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Agree. Milan did not play its best yet. But lets go one game by one. Season is long. Who knows what will gappen with thus covid shit also.

Step by step. But this is not 100% of this team yet.

And winter mercato must bring cb + dm.

Also, we had luck with schedule and now the momentum is on our side.

Tommirow I will translate in short whole Ibra post game interwiew. Very interesting.
Its out in English on the app.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Damn that sucks, hoped he could start vs Celtic instead of Ibra..hopefully he's fit for Roma and we can field our best lineup
For Celtic we can only start 2 cbs from today's game and rotate the rest.

The reserve have the potential to win it.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
For me the Celtic game we should rotate as many as possible. The league is priority and we can win it so we should focus on that. Plus even a second team imo could beat Celtic. As long as guys like Maldini and Columbo are not starting. Ibra hakan ect can come on to kill the game in the second half of need be. Treble season must be the aim for this team as it is good enough.

I was hopeful that Krunic would be a vice kessie but today showed that the club does not belive this to be true. We need somebody there. Imo it needs to be an expirenced player who dosent mind sitting on the bench
I wonder if Kucka is still as good as he was

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic: ?They locked the wrong animal at home ? I was so hungry and I proved it with these two goals, I feel more complete, Leao is a great talent?

Zlatan Ibrahimović has stated ?the team is growing a lot, the mentality is different and the young players take on more responsibility? after scoring twice in the Derby della Madonnina.

Zlatan missed four games for Milan as he was positive for the Coronavirus. But he returned just in time for the Diavolo?s match against Inter at Stadio San Siro.

Ibra led Milan to victory in the first Derby della Madonnina of the season with two goals. In the 12′ minute he scored from the rebound after seeing his penalty getting saved by Samir Handanović while 3 minutes later he found the net again thanks to a Rafael Leao assist.

Romelu Lukaku scored in the 29′ minute and nearly equalized a few times later in the game but the Rossoneri held out well and managed to grab the three beautiful points and remain top of the table.

?What was in my derby this evening? There was a lot, it was an important match against Inter,?*Ibrahimović told Sky Italia.*?Milan hadn?t won the Derby for 4 years. I was locked away at home for two weeks. I was so hungry and today I proved it with these two goals. I?m disappointed with the missed penalty but the important thing is to have won. This adventure continues.

?The Scudetto? We are at the beginning. Since I arrived the team has been doing great things, especially after the lockdown. The team is growing a lot, the mentality is different and the young players take on more responsibility. Everyone is training great.

?If I feel responsibility? I feel a lot of responsibility, I?m the oldest on the team. It?s a situation that I like a lot, everyone follows me and everyone is hungry to win. If I?m amazed by myself? No? I know what my level is. After the knee injury I went to America to feel alive. At Manchester I told Mourinho that I wasn?t ready and I didn?t want to disappoint him, so I went to America. Then Raiola to me to go back to Europe and they told me that Milan needed me the most and I came back.

?The COVID-19 quarantine? I only lost a bit of taste, I was taking swabs every three days. I would have played the Derby regardless, no one would have stopped me! The lion I posted on Instagram after the match? I?m like this lion, I wanted to put it up already in the last derby? I kept it aside [laughs].

?If I think I?ve done better in my 30s years than before? I feel more complete, I have more experience. When you are young you are still growing. Now I feel complete, if I had the physical condition of 10 years ago nobody would stop me, but even now they don?t stop me? My celebration after the second goal? There was one guy shouting from the audience, this celebration is only for him.

?My merits? In my opinion there?s a bit of everything. Physically I?m fine, I train a lot. I?m playing with great experience and I play with teammates who are willing to do many things. They are doing well, they listen, I put intensity on everyone ? I don?t accept that they relax, not in training and not in the match. You have to train at 200%.

?Le?o? He is very strong, he has an almost better body than mine. He has speed and technique. He just has to focus on football like he?s doing. He plays for Milan, there is not much patience here.
?Running for the title? We are thinking one game at a time, every game is like a final. When I arrived the objective was Europa and we got there. The objective for the club is to get to Europe again, my personal objectives are different but I keep them to myself [laughs]. Scudetto?? In my opinion there is a sure possibility, someone who believes can do everything. We believe in it, then in the end we?ll see how it goes. The road is still long.

?If I was targeting a particular defender? Yes, but I can?t tell you [laughs]. The coach prepared the game very well, he decided how we should attack. We did great things, we risked a bit but this is the Derby.?

said:*?The return from quarantine? I?m very hungry because they locked the wrong animal at home. Two weeks stuck at home, it?s not easy. Mentally it?s harder to be stuck indoors especially with the high tempo we?d had beforehand. Being stuck at home for two weeks, the tempo drops off completely and the body starts to tremble because it wants to work and to play, but because of COVID I was at home and all I could so was wait for it to pass so I could get back to the team to help them.

?The team? It is growing a lot, we play as a team a lot, and make a lot of sacrifices, one for all and all for one. We are doing well but the team must understand and knows that we haven?t finished anything yet, we have to push on now that they?ve had the feeling of winning matches. The mentality is the right one, to win you need to make these sacrifices and work hard. As I?ve told my daughter Sofia, you?ll play the way you?ve trained. If you don?t give 200% in training, you won?t play at 200%. That?s why you have to do something every day.

?Le?o? He is a great talent, he has a very bright future ahead of him if he makes the right decisions, it?s in his hands. We are here to help him, but he has to decide what he wants. He?s doing great things at the moment, he?s especially doing great things on the field, he?s open to improving and making sacrifices and today he played very well. In a match, there are moments when you struggle a bit, it?s that way for everyone, the important thing is to not let it get too much and to recover as soon as possible. But he is doing great things.

?Winning the derby away for the first time in 10 years? Now we don?t have to wait another 10 years? we were doing great, then I scored two goals. I?m a bit disappointed about the penalty, I shouldn?t miss. But I scored immediately after the penalty. So, three points today and we move on, I?m sorry for the fans ? we have great support and we saw it before the match when they accompanied us to the stadium. It?s a great shame the fans couldn?t be in the stadium to celebrate with us. However, after the game, we celebrated where they would normally be.
?The performance in attack? [Laughs] We?re highly-focused in front of goal, when I arrived I said we had to kill it every time we were in front of goal, today we could have scored more but we won and we are more effective in front of goal, you can?t win if you don?t score, but we?re scoring for the moment.?

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Okay guys so I have a thought.

I think sigining young strikers is a big risk. And tbh it's hard to rely on them. Strikers have to have the least amount of fitness as well. I will say that I belive leao some day will be one of the great strikers but it would be unfair to him to rely on him until he reaches 25-26. Let's try and protect him as much as we can.

So what of Ibra feels great at the end of the season and we re sign him for a season. That will take us to 2022.

At the end of the 2022 we will be a Cl team again. In fact we might even get to a quarter/semi next season if we continue like this.

At the end of 2022 C Ronaldo will be out of contract and 37. He may well have two years left in him. We sign him and turn him into a target man. He could gain a few Kgs and has all the attributes. That takes us to 2024.

By 2024. Leao is 25. Has played 5 years with Ronaldo and Ibra and has learnt from the best. Not to mention all the other platers.

This probs sounds crazy but after seeing what Ibra has done imo it is imperative we have a great player lined up to replace him because these great player impart their greatness to the young players. Then by about 24/25 our young guys should have learnt these traits and we can start our own cycle.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+3 from Atalanta, +4 from Napoli, +5 from Juve/Merdas, +8 from Lazio..couldnt ask for more from first 4 rounds

It?s 4 games into the season, the table means nothing right now. Milan just need to worry about themselves and take it a game at a time.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think sigining young strikers is a big risk. And tbh it's hard to rely on them. Strikers have to have the least amount of fitness as well. I will say that I belive leao some day will be one of the great strikers but it would be unfair to him to rely on him until he reaches 25-26. Let's try and protect him as much as we can.

So what of Ibra feels great at the end of the season and we re sign him for a season. That will take us to 2022.

At the end of the 2022 we will be a Cl team again. In fact we might even get to a quarter/semi next season if we continue like this.

At the end of 2022 C Ronaldo will be out of contract and 37. He may well have two years left in him. We sign him and turn him into a target man. He could gain a few Kgs and has all the attributes. That takes us to 2024.

By 2024. Leao is 25. Has played 5 years with Ronaldo and Ibra and has learnt from the best. Not to mention all the other platers.

This probs sounds crazy but after seeing what Ibra has done imo it is imperative we have a great player lined up to replace him because these great player impart their greatness to the young players. Then by about 24/25 our young guys should have learnt these traits and we can start our own cycle.

Ibra looks like he has plenty left in the tank still. He?s not retiring unless he picks up some freak injury. He keeps himself fit and at a high level. He?s the Tom Brady of the sport.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Ibra looks like he has plenty left in the tank still. He?s not retiring unless he picks up some freak injury. He keeps himself fit and at a high level. He?s the Tom Brady of the sport.

Yeah I agree.

But if Ronaldo is out of contract in 22 I think we should go hard. Even if they over lap.

This has become so obvious to me over the last 6 months.

Great teams that we had always had great players over lap and tbh we always kept our greats right until the end.

I used to think we kept them for too long but tbh we didn't. We kept them for as long as possible because what they were doing even off the pitch was super necessary. Like keeping Maldini imo one year too long is what I thought . But in reality it really wasn't.

Ibra can play as long as he likes. But imo we need to look at who will take the mantel. I have seen people here talk about Haaland. Imo if it came down to Haaland or Ronaldo in a few years I would pick Ronaldo or any other great striker who has that killer mentality.

We need that type of player around the club for as long as possible otherwise the young players will never learn to be killers themselves (figuratively)

That is what we need to do differently from Dourtmond and Lipzig who imo will never win the cl.

We need to be willing to pay that bit extra to have one of them super star generational players have. If they are 35 plus.

And now tbh 37 looks like the new 30. Anybody in this forum would love to look like ibrah does at 37. Even I who tbh has played sports at decent levels my whole life and am younger than him honestly I am not as ripped as he is although maybe I am a bit more muscular bit still what shape is that guy in you might be right. He might player 3 more years.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

Maybe in 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2010. In 2020? Nah you have to be fit, as good as the wide and b2b players are. The game is much more athletic, quicker now and requirements from strikers by their teams defensively means no passengers any more, unless the player is elite level special. You know what strikers you get with least amount of fitness, Piguain, Silva, Piatek type level. You can try and bring up Ibra's lack of running around on the pitch as your fitness rebuttal, but remember Ibra is probably the fittest person at the club that's why he is able to play for so long.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

No, thank you

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Maybe in 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2010. In 2020? Nah you have to be fit, as good as the wide and b2b players are. The game is much more athletic, quicker now and requirements from strikers by their teams defensively means no passengers any more, unless the player is elite level special. You know what strikers you get with least amount of fitness, Piguain, Silva, Piatek type level. You can try and bring up Ibra's lack of running around on the pitch as your fitness rebuttal, but remember Ibra is probably the fittest person at the club that's why he is able to play for so long.
Compared to other positions I disagree.

And to the other guy. No thank you to what. Players of Ibra and Ronaldo who are champions and impart that championship stench on others. No worries we will all be losers like you

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happened to Leo Duarte though? Should not he be back by now? There's barely any news about him.
Are we sure the rest of the World didn't just forget him in confinament?

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Surely if Duarte gets a clean go he will be a star. Our sigining s lately have been so good it's hard not to belive in them.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I dont see that Roma are so strong. Napoli are excellent so far. Osimhen will be a top cf

Roma are always good against us.
It definitely wont be easy.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
For Celtic we can only start 2 cbs from today's game and rotate the rest.

The reserve have the potential to win it.

Leao
Hauge-Diaz-samu

Thats a sickening attack. Would be elite if samu finds his druglord form

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Leao
Hauge-Diaz-samu

Thats a sickening attack. Would be elite if samu finds his druglord form

Clearly there's must be something happened with samu, i think we need to be patience with players since kessie/hakan/calabria also had these bad patches of form

For sure samu need to get benched atm, until he can prove himself as sub

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
And now tbh 37 looks like the new 30. .

No way man, it's only Ronaldo and Ibra being freaks when it comes to being athletes and sore losers. Even at this age and beyond their late 30s, they will both remain fit and will never be fine with losing (even in training matches) and that is the reason they are able to play for so long. I can actually see both these guys play into their 40s, especially Zlatan that has never relied on speed in his game.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clearly there's must be something happened with samu, i think we need to be patience with players since kessie/hakan/calabria also had these bad patches of form

For sure samu need to get benched atm, until he can prove himself as sub

:thumbsup: Yeah he is just out of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule