• Total voters

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
madtherchot said:
Sachin en route to being mediocre? I won't believe it until I see it :( I probably watched 2-3 games with Sehwag and Laxman (I think the test series against Australia in India ... 2003, I think) where Laxman single handedly carried India in both innings (in Bombay I think) with 300+ runs in the first inning. His blend of consistency, power and technique was nice to watch and am really surprised he hasn't made himself a regular in the ODI team.

Have always preferred Dravid (despite the criticisms over his run rate) over Ganguly but that's because the later's almost never in form. Glad to hear he's doing good. Haven't seen Dilip ... is he Tamilian?
Unfortunately yeah. His genius is intact, but his body has been showing signs of the results of a 18 year career in international cricket for some time now. First he had a back injury, then a tennis elbow, surgery, this and that and nowadays is more 'efficient' than 'flamboyant'. I think he'll be doing himself a favour if he were to retire from ODIs after the WC, preserving himself for tests.

Laxman has been kept our of the team due to his fielding abilities - or the lack of it. But this was the man Ponting once said 'would never have been dropped' had he been Australian. The guy's got class written all over him. And its not as if his fielding is that bad either - his catching is spot on, and only chasing the ball and running between the wickets can be classified as drawbacks - but still, who's perfect? Yuvraj's coming back from a major injury and Sehwag is in dreadful touch. We could've done with some experience in the form of Laxman. I only hope we don't regret it.

I've always been a Dravid fan,and not least 'cause we share our birthday :D He's the perfect gentleman cricketer, but perhaps too noble for being India's captain. Had he been English, it would've fit him like a glove. Still, he's not been doing badly, only I feel he should be more forceful and assertive.

San Paolo said:
Roy should be back to face SA. Australia's week point is our bowling attack. I can't believe they opted to overlook Stuart Clarke at the expense of Mitchel Johnson or Tait. Though with Lee's injury he is in.
Do you think Symonds will be at his best in the WC? I think his influence will be minimal, given his injury.

They keep writing how Mitchell Johnson is 'incredibly talented' but he gives away too many runs and gets far too few wickets. Clarke is the perfect McGrath heir.

radioactivenerd said:
Its a pity Chris Cairns isnt there any more.
Oh. What a player. Dashing, with Hasselhoff-like looks and capable of changing the course of a match with a bludgeoning of the willow. One of my childhood heroes. Cairns, Rhodes and Klusener. :D

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Italian Tsar said:
Do you think Symonds will be at his best in the WC? I think his influence will be minimal, given his injury.

They keep writing how Mitchell Johnson is 'incredibly talented' but he gives away too many runs and gets far too few wickets. Clarke is the perfect McGrath heir.
Roy is huge to our side. We havent won since he has been Injured. Johnson is a nothing bowler. They picked him over Stuart Clarke and he isn't even proven on the international stage. The same is with Watson.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
San Paolo said:
Roy is huge to our side. We havent won since he has been Injured. Johnson is a nothing bowler. They picked him over Stuart Clarke and he isn't even proven on the international stage. The same is with Watson.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt watson an allrounder, and a pretty useful bat at that?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
radioactivenerd said:
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt watson an allrounder, and a pretty useful bat at that?
If that whats you want to call it. He is an allrounder at being shithouse in every possible department.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
San Paolo said:
If that whats you want to call it. He is an allrounder at being shithouse in every possible department.

Lol well the 'allrounder' opened batting yesterday and scored 81 in a warm-up match.
Definitely looks like a useful bat ;)

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Ok, own up. Who voted for England?

They have no chance in my opinion. Oz gets my vote. :eek:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Although I don't know much about cricket but still .. INDIA!!!

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
The practices matches are going on now , and Looking at India they got dogded by The Netherlands again.....and Face Indies tomorrow , with Ganguly injured.
Rest Australia are regaining form after the NZ whitewash.
and Lee is in?? even with a injury?? And i thought rest of the teams were gettin luck....

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Clarke was a gem in 2003. And even in the Tour of India....would be bad not to see him play.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India busted WI 85 allout in a practice game.
Lolzzz

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZD_Banana said:
India busted WI 85 allout in a practice game.
Lolzzz

And today the world cup starts
its Pakistan Vs West Indies
Pak has no bowlers, and WI have had terrible form in the warm ups - should be an interesting game.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
And today the world cup starts
its Pakistan Vs West Indies
Pak has no bowlers, and WI have had terrible form in the warm ups - should be an interesting game.
West indies 49-1

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Guys, does anyone know of streams that may be showing the WC? I can't find any :(

go to wwitv.com
click on english
click on 'uk' on the menu on the left
click on '331' on the sky sports link.
it opens up windows media player.
this is a sky sports stream, doesnt always show hte games, but does at times. you have to check.,
lets hope it shows the india game tmw!!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
go to wwitv.com
click on english
click on 'uk' on the menu on the left
click on '331' on the sky sports link.
it opens up windows media player.
this is a sky sports stream, doesnt always show hte games, but does at times. you have to check.,
lets hope it shows the india game tmw!!

Just tried it out but it didn't work. Which is worryingly bad news since England's playing ... or maybe they didn't want to show England getting thrashed :D

I found another channel on TV Ants. I just searched for 'cricket' and it seems there's a channel tittled "ICC Cricket World Cup." They were showing a Hindi movie on Sony TV (?) so I'm guessing they'll show India's cricket games.

De Villiers out for nothing :rolleyes:

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
madtherchot said:
wtf ... India 191 all out? Pakistan 127-8 against Ireland??!? :eek: :conf: :head:
Pakistan out of the WC... as expected.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL that packies got munched. Go the Irish!!!!! Do it for St Patrick =)

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
India lose to Bangladesh...a stunner by 5 wickets to...man bangla even beat kiwis..........

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Haven't been able to watch a single game. But, the frontrunners have to be the Aussies, New Zealand and South Africa. Unless India makes drastic changes, they'll soon be following Pakistan. Everyone's talking about Sehwag ... that he's been in dreadful form for a while, and India's persisting with him is a mistake ...

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
San Paolo said:
LOL that packies got munched. Go the Irish!!!!! Do it for St Patrick =)
Bag-Paking back to country, fucking arses...

Anyways, in other sad news, Bob Woolmer, the Coach of Pakistan Cricket Team and former coach to South Africa couldnt survive the shock of Pakistan losing to Ireland, and has passed away due to a heart attack. FUCKIING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:___________________(

Forza Per Sempre Woolmer! Thk you for your devoted love and services to the nation.

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Pakis out ? Woohoo ! Party time !!!
Celebrate.
But do remember there coach Bob Woolmer died yesterday night.
Reason still unknown , Probably self suicide by poisoning or possible murder.
:head:
R.I.P.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ORez said:
Bag-Paking back to country, fucking arses...

Anyways, in other sad news, Bob Woolmer, the Coach of Pakistan Cricket Team and former coach to South Africa couldnt survive the shock of Pakistan losing to Ireland, and has passed away due to a heart attack. FUCKIING IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:___________________(

Forza Per Sempre Woolmer! Thk you for your devoted love and services to the nation.
Not a heart attack. Sorry im arguing but he probably killed him self.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZD_Banana said:
Not a heart attack. Sorry im arguing but he probably killed him self.

I really hope it was a natural death and not murder. Im not pointing fingers, but in pakistan (and india), passions for the game are SO high, that a gross underperformance of the sort pakistan had can lead to cricketing 'ultras' stoning , rioting etc.
Lets hope its not another andres escobar situation, but i for one cant really rule it out.

On to nicer things at the world cup

GREAT to see the minnows actually doing well!! Going to help the game grow by leaps and bounds in places like ireland. What a crazy St.Patricks day!!!!!
VERY brief highlights

Even though i think India played like twats against bangaldesh, bangladeesh arent all that bad. They recently beat a full-strength australia side, and its cclear that after a few years of anonymity, they want to make a point.

Sehwag needs to be dropped. Dravids trust in him is impressive, and one sehwag good inning can change it, but we cant take a risk at this point. Lets hope the men in sky-blue (celeste of cricket if you will ;)) can pull it off.

And lastly but not in the least - HOW BOUT THEM SOUTH AFRICANS.
Hershcelle gibbs with a WORLD RECORD six sixes in an over.
For Passion, madtherchot and the other folks not fortunate enough to be able to watch the games, check out the over. (cricket batting at its best)

Semi final predictions right now seem to point towards aussies, sth africa, new zealand, and either windies or india.

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Pakis out ? Woohoo ! Party time !!!

Celebration in Pakistani dismay?
We might yet become friends.... ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Thanks Radio for the highlights. Did you ever get a stream to work? Sad to hear about Woolmer's tragic death. The BBC reported that he was found unconscious and despite being rushed to a hospital, failed to regain consciousness. Nothing further on the matter, but a sad day for cricket.

How about that Hershcelle ... even though it was against the Dutch, that was a stunning over. Once again, thanks much Radio + hope you post more clips :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ZD_Banana said:
Celebrate.
But do remember there coach Bob Woolmer died yesterday night.
Reason still unknown , Probably self suicide by poisoning or possible murder.
:head:
R.I.P.
I don't know the dude, the coach, but may he R.I.P. + my thoughts are with his family. But it doesn't prevent me from gloating, I'll also gloat when India go out (or sth)... (there goes the friendship, 'nerd :tongue: )

I read a mob in Paki burned effigies + threatened to set houses on fire + kill players + coach... I'm always at a loss for words @ the infinity of human stupidity :rolleyes:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Thanks Radio for the highlights. Did you ever get a stream to work? Sad to hear about Woolmer's tragic death. The BBC reported that he was found unconscious and despite being rushed to a hospital, failed to regain consciousness. Nothing further on the matter, but a sad day for cricket.

How about that Hershcelle ... even though it was against the Dutch, that was a stunning over. Once again, thanks much Radio + hope you post more clips :)

I did get a stream to work for the india game - it was a winamp stream, on the regular winamp tv. Will post any other ones if i do find them.

Ill post more streams and vids as i find them - am at work during the day so might not be super active, but ill try.