Leonardo Bonucci Thread

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Its not a p!rl0 excuse, its a reality. If we need to drop Bonucci in order for the team to play better I'm all for it, but if they insist on playing him he needs protection.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Its not a p!rl0 excuse, its a reality. If we need to drop Bonucci in order for the team to play better I'm all for it, but if they insist on playing him he needs protection.

Protection from what? He's supposed to be the best defender on the team by far. He does not have any special needs.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Get him a pack of condoms

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Protection from what? He's supposed to be the best defender on the team by far. He does not have any special needs.

Problem is that for Bonucci to excel, he needs to play with defenders who are much better than he is like Bonucci and Chiellini.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Problem is that for Bonucci to excel, he needs to play with defenders who are much better than he is like Bonucci and Chiellini.
Think you meant Barzagli :D

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali

If that is the case he is not as good as the hype and a fraud. Time will tell.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If that is the case he is not as good as the hype and a fraud. Time will tell.

He isn't, at least in terms of defending. If we're talking about ball-playing skills, he's probably the best. From a pure defending perspective, definitely not. He can't tackle at all and will also get beaten in the air by a lot of big forwards.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score

Exactly, and if our best team is with him on the bench then I say bench him. But if we want to persist with him and Biglia we need to put some better defenders/athletes near them.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Time will tell, but i think he's gonna be considered a great buy at the end of the season.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Ah the P!rl0 argument.....Yeah all P!rl0 needed was a solid defense behind him, the midfield and attack to always run into space, and a personal bodyguard in midfield....and THEN HE'S OUT OF THIS FUCKING WORLD :eek::eek:

If Bonucci actually needs all of this stuff to perform well for us (not saying that he does) then, he shouldn't even be a starting defender for us.

I say that he was a good defender even before he made it to JuBe and while in Juve, he excelled in Conte's 3-5-2....which is why Montella's straining to get the 3-5-2 right for now.

Bonucci needs to come into better form and mark better and balance would be restored to the force.

Pirlo >Leaf

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Ah the P!rl0 argument.....Yeah all P!rl0 needed was a solid defense behind him, the midfield and attack to always run into space, and a personal bodyguard in midfield....and THEN HE'S OUT OF THIS FUCKING WORLD :eek::eek:

If Bonucci actually needs all of this stuff to perform well for us (not saying that he does) then, he shouldn't even be a starting defender for us.

I say that he was a good defender even before he made it to JuBe and while in Juve, he excelled in Conte's 3-5-2....which is why Montella's straining to get the 3-5-2 right for now.

Bonucci needs to come into better form and mark better and balance would be restored to the force.

To be fair this is valid for almost any CM (not AM or wingers). If the CM has a reliable defence at his back, then he is free to distribute balls forward properly.

Otherwise he has more defending duties, this works in reverse well for the CB's as well. If the midfield keeps getting overrun on a constant basis, this will create way more opportunities for the CB'S to inevitably fuck up.

My 2 cent are: the first 11 is good enough in terms of individual quality, its the group play that's absolutely shite.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Made the top 30 for Ballon d'Or :thumbsup:

@Leaf - Jerome Boateng, Chiellini and Barzagli haven't made it. Might be clerical errors.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Ash what is the reason for it?

Fraud cant do nothing i thought

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ppl still trust the Ballon d'Or? :lol::lol::lol:

'memba when they gave it to Messi in 2010 after he went through the entire World Cup without scoring a single goal? 'memba when they ignored Sneijder and Ribery

I memba :o

Hummels, Bonucci and Ramos (the only CB's on the list)....apparently are the best defenders in the World :proud:

To be fair this is valid for almost any CM (not AM or wingers). If the CM has a reliable defence at his back, then he is free to distribute balls forward properly.

Otherwise he has more defending duties, this works in reverse well for the CB's as well. If the midfield keeps getting overrun on a constant basis, this will create way more opportunities for the CB'S to inevitably fuck up.

My 2 cent are: the first 11 is good enough in terms of individual quality, its the group play that's absolutely shite.
Agreed....but again, you'd expect such an "elite" defender to at least be able to win enough 1 on 1 battles to justify the elite tag. Thus far he's gotten beaten up fairly easily and alarmingly often for an "elite" defender. I think it all boild down to form atm....but there is the worrying alternative explanation that Juve's quality team hid his deficiencies.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ramos is the best defender in the world, no doubt about it.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like my defenders on the pitch :b:

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This guy obviously a fraud.

Why the hell he slide on ground when the ball is up on the air?

Idiot. Juventus sold us a fraud.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
still on juventus' payroll

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Look at bright side, We made juve weaker for like 20% with barzagli and condor already being old like hell. So we made napoli a favour.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He actually wasn't that bad today if I'm being honest..

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
If there was one player I was expecting to be there from the start and not need any time to settle in it would be him.. he literally has no excuses

very dissapointing

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
hmmm maybe we would have been better off without signing him and sticking to our original transfer plans... :(

i hope he steps up though...but ive been hoping for him to step up every game so far this season.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Trojan-Horse.png

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
Know we know why Juve prefer the "little money" over him.
Absolute garbage, even Montoleader is suit us better as a captain.
And his defensive skill is a total meh, I'd rather play Daniele Bonera to lead or defense.
Much more heart attack with him trying to be a hero in every single games.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He actually wasn't that bad today if I'm being honest..

Beaten on first goal - nowhere close on an open Icardi on the second and missed a chance to stop the threat on the attack that led to the corner that resulted in the penalty.....

Not to mention most of his long passes didnt connect.

Not bad at all.

Wonder if we can get a Chinese team to buy out his contract :fp: