Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
His own compilation :proud:
but of course we will get new FB :D
Who Mark?
obviously getting a FB and using abate elsewhere would be ideal but there's a very strong possibility that wont happen so we need to work with what we have...
Exactly.
Bet his gonna stay whit us till his contract expires cause no one wants him .

As for Abate as a fb ,his only decent &not that great at going forward he would fail big time as a fb ,he does not have the quality to play there.
Well, he is young, and perhaps the best thing I've seen from our youth par Palo. He's got a lot of pace, which we very much lack. When compared to the likes of Antonini, I think he deserves to have a chance at becoming a regular. If there's an opening at FB, so be it. He is talented, and we could use him.

PS. Nibombe was a rock. Really impressed by him.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Abate has carved his name through Milanisti's heart ..he has groupies now:proud:...great compilation
Hope he can be better and Improve more under Leo:)
But i think we might get an FB though, however Abate will have many playing time I'm sure;)

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!

Damn he is so annoying for the opposite players :D :eek: :proud:
Real younger Gatusso with more technique, speed and passing abilities!
Such a brave heart, such a commitment, such a fight for the colours of the jersey he wears!
Keep up the great work and sacrifice Ignazio!!! :star:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Damn he is so annoying for the opposite players :D :eek: :proud:
Real younger Gatusso with more technique, speed and passing abilities!
Such a brave heart, such a commitment, such a fight for the colours of the jersey he wears!
Keep up the great work and sacrifice Ignazio!!! :star:

Nice. I think he should start as rightwingback, a good position for someone with those crosses. :star:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Abate has carved his name through Milanisti's heart ..he has groupies now:proud:

He won me over the minute he was about to break Quaresma's legs at the TIM Cup :proud:. Out of position, but he played pretty well as a DM.

Which reminds me that our youth is ready to break the legs of Inter players during TIM Cup (Rodney Strasser last year :proud: ).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i just want it to be recognized i opened this threaD :D and recognized the talent prior to all you boobs.

Point Me

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
i just want it to be recognized i opened this threaD :D and recognized the talent prior to all you boobs.

Point Me

You know, I actually think there's an older thread in the football section...or someone kept mentioning him way back then, I think it was Wild.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

barosicky

Beginner
Reaction score
energetic, hunger for success, very promissing, high work rate, attitude to win, never surrender ... all those positives remark for him.... combination of gattuso and zambrotta....

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
I really think he's perfect as a winger rather than a rb, unless he plays rb like Maicon does, travels far up the pitch and playmakes with his beautiful crosses

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I really think he's perfect as a winger rather than a rb, unless he plays rb like Maicon does, travels far up the pitch and playmakes with his beautiful crosses

would be ideal for him:)

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonardo: "Abate is training to do the quarterback"

milannews.it

EDIT :

AC MILAN VS BOLOGNA

Abate--Nesta--silva--Zambrotta = great BACK
----------------Pirlo-------------
Flamini----------------------Ambro/Gatt
-------------Seedrof-----------------
---Pato----------------Hunt/Inz

Last edited:

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:D

How has our defence all of a sudden become "great" with the addition of Abate (if he does indeed play there)?

He is a mediocre player, not good enough to start for the team in his normal position of right wing, let alone at full-back where his defensive inadequacies will be highlighted.

Our defensive problems stretch further than just the defence. The midfield are playing their part too.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
So it's clear now Leo is not a ******:o he is trying to make everything worked with the most minimal risk that he can possibly think for the team.
if Abate is ready he will be played and if he works well... he will be regular for sure at RB

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Impressed me today, he is becoming a champion :proud:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
hopefully he plays against udinese, we need him

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
:D

How has our defence all of a sudden become "great" with the addition of Abate (if he does indeed play there)?

He is a mediocre player, not good enough to start for the team in his normal position of right wing, let alone at full-back where his defensive inadequacies will be highlighted.

Our defensive problems stretch further than just the defence. The midfield are playing their part too.

So where exactly do you fit wingers in our central 4-3-1-2?

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I didn't say he could fit into our system. I simply said that he is not good enough if he were to start in his preferred position.

Leonardo used him in the middle in pre-season, and indeed when Oddo came on in today's game. So there is the answer to your question.

ahonenfn

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi Kaka Ambrosini nesta Malidni Van basten Pirlo Gattuso Pato Sheva
My Abate comp.hope ou enjoy it :D

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
^ Nice comp.

Still waiting for your first Milan goal Abate :)