Week 8: Milan - Lecce 20/10/19 20:45 CET

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
This is really sad to see, we cant hold on to win because individual mistakes

But overall major improvement compared to giampaolo reign, calciopioli have to find way to minimize consistent individual mistakes which plagued our defence for the last 7 years

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In the second half Khouma Babacar basically stuck to him like glue knowing that he will win every challenge against him. Mussachio got so frustrated he started going into his zone on more than one occasion and then shouting at Conti. It was a really pathetic performance, and i'm not even considering the penalty (and if i'm not mistaken he should have gotten another one when the ball touched his hand while sliding in).

come on. that slide was goal saving. biglia got exposed there and he saved us.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
come on. that slide was goal saving. biglia got exposed there and he saved us.

My point was it touched his hand. I was shocked they didn't VAR that incident. Easily a penalty.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Piolo's subs were fine. Except for leaving suso for the full 90 minutes. Hopefully he benches the fortnite cunt next game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm really worried that Rebic has way too little technique to succeed as an attacker in Serie A. He looks so mediocre on the ball, we have to find a way to utilize his strenghts.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm really worried that Rebic has way too little technique to succeed as an attacker in Serie A. He looks so mediocre on the ball, we have to find a way to utilize his strenghts.
I have 0 doubt about rebic ability. If he has a place in the 2nd squad in the world then he can find a place in a relegation battling milan.

Can a coach or whoever recognise what his strenght/ability/weakness are and utilise them to be a part of a team?

Seriosly doubt that...

So far he looks like a second coming of conti.

Lets see...

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I would only worry about Rebic if he fails after a start.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I would only worry about Rebic if he fails after a start.

Yup, he's the complete opposite when he plays with Croatia. Never loses the ball and fights off players coming at him when he has the ball. He didn't seem to be motivated coming on yesterday, but I'm not surprised since I wouldn't be either if shit players started ahead of me when I deservw to start

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Still pissed about this. You can't drop points at home against Lecce. These type of games could cost Milan at the end of the year.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's exactly what will cost us at the end of the season

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still pissed about this. You can't drop points at home against Lecce. These type of games could cost Milan at the end of the year.

You should be pissed we didn't start with a proper coach in the summer.

Even Guardiola couldn't turn this team around with 2 training sessions.
Pioli wasn't everyone's 1st choice obviously but he needs a few weeks before we can judge him. Unlucky with the next string of games though.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t see what you guys are saying about Biglia. Solid performance, loved when he dribbled last Gabriel. The whole team could be blamed for that late minute wonder goal.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'll take the positives from this. Hopefully Pioli learns that he can't play Biglia, guy is a liability. Conti needs to be sold/loaned in winter window, and bring in a RB to start since Calabria is a liability also. Kessie can be sold to Tottenham if we can get a good replacement, and Suso just ... yeah. Please can we get a coach who has the balls to bench him.

We played well, better than all season for most of the match. Two individual mistakes cost us two goals, and some raw finishing by Leao early meant we didn't take a bigger lead into the 2nd half. Not sure if cursed or if team just shit but we keep losing pts to small teams that we should dominate. I was right before the match to compare Lecce to Benevento (their home kit colors :( ) and then we end up 2-2 in injury time. Ouch.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll take the positives from this. Hopefully Pioli learns that he can't play Biglia, guy is a liability. Conti needs to be sold/loaned in winter window, and bring in a RB to start since Calabria is a liability also. Kessie can be sold to Tottenham if we can get a good replacement, and Suso just ... yeah. Please can we get a coach who has the balls to bench him.

We played well, better than all season for most of the match. Two individual mistakes cost us two goals, and some raw finishing by Leao early meant we didn't take a bigger lead into the 2nd half. Not sure if cursed or if team just shit but we keep losing pts to small teams that we should dominate. I was right before the match to compare Lecce to Benevento (their home kit colors :( ) and then we end up 2-2 in injury time. Ouch.

People keep saying "bench Suso" but who do we play instead?
It's not like we have Robben sitting on the bench.

We could try Samu for a change, but the guy has been useless when he last played.

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka

We could try Samu for a change, but the guy has been useless when he last played.
Play a youth player? He cant be that shit compared to suso.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Kessie should be tried at rb. Or musa/duarte. Calabria has been atrocious this season. Conti look finished

Rebic should start as right wing and lets see how he handle that position.

The explosiveness of theo on left and rebic on right, what a monstrous wings. They can bulldoze the entire flank with speed and brute strength

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Play a youth player? He cant be that shit compared to suso.

WTF, I'm not Suso fan, but he was pretty good yesterday. Had couple of nice passes and dangerous shots. Objectively, Hakan, Theo and Suso are our 3 best players yesterday

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso wasn‘t bad yesterday, neither was Biglia. Especially Suso improved a a lot in his off ball movement which is one of his biggest downsides.

I don‘t see what Rebic has going for himself. I‘m not even sure that he is better than Borini. Looks like typical Bundesfodder.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Suso made maybe 2-3 good passes and moved better than usual, but ended up being lethargic and turning over balls as usual. To be fair, the right side itself was poor so it's not all on Suso. I'm just tired of the same old Suso though, every game its the same when he's off-form.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On a positive note - it's never boring watching Milan. :lol:

I don't remember the last time we had a comfortable lazy win even against a shit side.

Against Genoa it took our all to win. Against Lecce it took our all to draw. :proud:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don’t see what you guys are saying about Biglia. Solid performance, loved when he dribbled last Gabriel. The whole team could be blamed for that late minute wonder goal.

Yup, he has pretty much confirmed his place in the lineup for now.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Grande Necro, glorious conclusion from your observations :star:

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
On a positive note - it's never boring watching Milan. :lol:

I don't remember the last time we had a comfortable lazy win even against a shit side.

Against Genoa it took our all to win. Against Lecce it took our all to draw. :proud:

I take you didn’t watch the game, We dominated Lecce. The last comfortable win I think was a 3-1 away win over Atalanta.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone post the shirtless dog suso pic with the caption, "I am Milan"

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Croatians pissed off about Rebic and looking for excuses... never saw this coming :lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think - bar Conti - most of us were saying bad things and cursing at Biglia because of his dumb mistake that led to goal and not trying to block the shot/attempt to challenge it. He had a pretty good game otherwise, but if you lose us two points like that then we all lose our heads. On the other side of the coin, none of us said shit about Leao squandering some great chances which would've put us ahead.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I take you didn’t watch the game, We dominated Lecce. The last comfortable win I think was a 3-1 away win over Atalanta.

I watched the game, but it doesn't matter how many chances you create.
What matters is how many goals we score.

We could have been 3:0 by HT.
But like I said, current Milan never has an easy game.

It's always a thriller till the last minute even against relegation bound sides. :lol:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I think - bar Conti - most of us were saying bad things and cursing at Biglia because of his dumb mistake that led to goal and not trying to block the shot/attempt to challenge it. He had a pretty good game otherwise, but if you lose us two points like that then we all lose our heads. On the other side of the coin, none of us said shit about Leao squandering some great chances which would've put us ahead.

Of course Leao should've scored on at least one if those chances. But the fact that he had those chances is a big step forward from all the previous games this season. The chances came largely due to Leao's speed and timing of runs. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Leao andd Piatek paired in a 2 striker formation. 352 I think could suit alot of the players, but since Suso doesn't fit into this system it's probably too much to hope for.

Schedule