Official Scottish Premier League Thread

Who will win the 2011/2012 Scottish Premier League title?

• Total voters

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
across the board choking excellente :fp:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even if we'd won, it would still only have been the second best news of the week after Craig Brown announcing his retirement.* A win over a disinterested, complacent Celtic really wouldn't have done anything for me in the context of another trophyless, lower-mid-table season.

* He wanted a new contract, but he's not getting one because he's fucking useless. Our board are letting him "retire" because they're too nice to sack an old man - probably why we haven't won anything for 18 years.

G

guestposter

i just searched for Celtic's fan forum.. they have >30K members? holy crap!

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i just searched for Celtic's fan forum.. they have >30K members? holy crap!

Celtic are one of the most popular clubs in the world. If they ever moved to the EPL it wouldn't be long before they were up there with the top sides in Europe.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Celtic are one of the most popular clubs in the world. If they ever moved to the EPL it wouldn't be long before they were up there with the top sides in Europe.

Along with Man Utd and Liverpool, Celtic would be the most popular football club in Ireland.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Super Samaras! :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aren't they that already?

Yep. From what I've heard from people in Ireland they're probably only behind United in terms of popularity over there.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yep. From what I've heard from people in Ireland they're probably only behind United in terms of popularity over there.

They all seem to root for Celtic. But many/most of them focus more on EPL and their favorite EPL team since umm...it's not as shitty.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They all seem to root for Celtic. But many/most of them focus more on EPL and their favorite EPL team since umm...it's not as shitty.

Pretty much spot on.

Premiership is in no way shitty though.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
So wot was this ear like without Rangers in the league? Did any other team stand a chance? How many points did Celtic win the league by? Im sorry, silly Qs I know but I just cudnt bring myself to searching spl.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So wot was this ear like without Rangers in the league? Did any other team stand a chance? How many points did Celtic win the league by? Im sorry, silly Qs I know but I just cudnt bring myself to searching spl.

The league was decided about as early as most of the big European leagues this year.

Couldn't really tell you much else - I left Scotland in September and Aberdeen have been abysmal, so I haven't been following it that closely. I'm sure it was less interesting for Celtic, and every team lost out on 1/2 money-spinning home games against Rangers. Other than that, just another season.

The big problem is that the big non-Glasgow teams, with the most fans and the biggest budgets, are underperforming. Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs have all finished in the bottom half. Teams like Ross County, Inverness and Mothrwell are punching well above their weight by appointing good managers and find good players, while St Johnstone and Kilmarnock are solid teams despite shit budgets. Even St Mirren add something with interesting tactics and a couple of exciting players.

Given all those things, this season should have been a good advert for a Rangers-free SPL. Sadly, the big east coast clubs have fucked it up.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know you're all dying to know, so with a few days left before the SPL kicks off, here's what's going to happen:

1 Celtic
2 Motherwell
3 Aberdeen
4 Dundee Utd
5 ICT
6 St Johnstone
7 Hibernian
8 Ross County
9 Kilmarnock
10 St Mirren
11 Partick Thistle
12 Hearts

Celtic will win the league earlier than last year, because they won't be good enough to have the CL as a distraction again. Aberdeen will be significantly better and may well sneak into 2nd, particularly if Motherwell lose Stuart McCall.

Dundee Utd will be terrible but score millions of goals, having signed Goodwillie and kept Mackay-Steven and others. ICT, St Johnstone, Hibs (who just got horsed 7-0 by Malmo) and Ross County will be interchangeable, and I won't give a fuck about any of them at any stage of the season.

Kilmarnock and St Mirren will be bad. Partick will be worse. Hearts will have a 15 point deduction and about 3 senior players remaining, so the aforementioned shitebags will have a comfortable season.

Or it could go completely differently, because I - like the rest of the world - have never heard of 90% of the incoming English cast-offs.

Last edited:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
No one gives a fuck until Rangers play in SPL :o

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No one gives a fuck until Rangers play in SPL :o

Rangers don't exist anymore. I'm interested in this new team from Govan though. They won their first trophy a couple of months back, which was cute.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
New season kicks off in 1 hour. I feel properly homesick for the first time since I left Aberdeen - I haven't missed a season opener in a lot of years.

Right now I should be with my brother, and we should be drinking disinfectant-flavoured pints and talking loudly about tactics while middle-aged men shout "FOUR FOUR FUCKIN' TWOOO!" at us. We should be talking about 18 years without a trophy, my entire lifetime without a Scottish Cup, 28 years without a league title, and whether this might be the season when my dad's football-induced rage finally leads to (legal or cardiac) arrest. We should be meeting my uncles at half-time and, like the repressed northerners we are, stubbornly refusing to discuss the fact that this is our first season without my grandfather.

But I'm in London. Maybe I can have a latte and a brioche to mark the occasion or something. F my L.

'Mon i fuckin' Dons.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
New season kicks off in 1 hour. I feel properly homesick for the first time since I left Aberdeen - I haven't missed a season opener in a lot of years.

Right now I should be with my brother, and we should be drinking disinfectant-flavoured pints and talking loudly about tactics while middle-aged men shout "FOUR FOUR FUCKIN' TWOOO!" at us. We should be talking about 18 years without a trophy, my entire lifetime without a Scottish Cup, 28 years without a league title, and whether this might be the season when my dad's football-induced rage finally leads to (legal or cardiac) arrest. We should be meeting my uncles at half-time and, like the repressed northerners we are, stubbornly refusing to discuss the fact that this is our first season without my grandfather.

But I'm in London. Maybe I can have a latte and a brioche to mark the occasion or something. F my L.

'Mon i fuckin' Dons.

Sorry abt yr grandad.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Celtic 1 - 2 Aberdeen :thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Calum where you at? Your boys seem to be doing well again:thumbsup:

1. Aberdeen 46 points
  2. Celtic 42 points ( 2 games in hand)
  3. Dundee United 41 points
  4. Inverness CT 41 points

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Rangers don't exist anymore. I'm interested in this new team from Govan though. They won their first trophy a couple of months back, which was cute.

1-0 Rangers first half of the cup...

Suck it, Calum.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
40594008_2250253748322353_213339203210051584_n.jpg

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players