The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
wtf felipe anderson is bad...

he won't help us dominate football for the next 10 yrs. #nothanks

I thought Filepe Anderson is a fine player....granted I don't watch as much football as I did....but I think he would raise our level if he played for us.....what's wrong with him....fast, skilful and a good dribbler.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I thought Filepe Anderson is a fine player....granted I don't watch as much football as I did....but I think he would raise our level if he played for us.....what's wrong with him....fast, skilful and a good dribbler.

something about the way he plays...has talent but he has this kind of robinho mentality to him.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Felipe Anderson is an assist machine, tricky, very fast and smart yet he’s mentally challenged.

But as a player he’s very good.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Napoli agreed to terms with Sampdoria for Torriera. Could be going there to replace Jorginho or Diawara. Torriera would have been a nice addition to our midfield. I think he has a release clause of 25m.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who would be more suited for us? Belotti otlr Immobile?
I think after buying Kalinic we should bite the bullet and buy someone actually world class or on the verge of it.

No more "maybe he'll do well here" types in the striker position

something about the way he plays...has talent but he has this kind of robinho mentality to him.

Felipe Anderson is an assist machine, tricky, very fast and smart yet he’s mentally challenged.

But as a player he’s very good.

We need players that can improve us in the short term...and then actual world class players as we get there. ManCity wasn't always able to attract the best of the best...even though they were rolling in money. The same goes for P$G. We're sort of at that stage due to being irrelevant in the football world for many years.

I think it's good to try to get as many actual WC or near-WC players as we can but it's ok to start with a Felipe Anderson until we can do better.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think after buying Kalinic we should bite the bullet and buy someone actually world class or on the verge of it.

No more "maybe he'll do well here" types in the striker position

Belotti 5 goals this season.
Kalinic 4 goals this season.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Felipe Anderson has skills but he's a fucking lazy and has a godawful mentality. We don't need apathetic guys that have good technique. We need guys that are class both technically and mentally. Players that buy in, fight and give effort. We had enough headcases during the fodder era.

Btw Belotti isn't a fraud imo - defenders pay more attention to him, which is part of the equation and would point towards him being a fraud, but his knee issue and him never finding rhythm because of it among other things is the main culprit behind this forgettable season. Overall, I wouldn't write him off but I wouldn't pay money I would've gladly paid last summer at this point. Anything above 40 mil is pure insanity, 25+10 if certain criteria are met seem like a fair deal tbh.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Felipe Anderson has skills but he's a fucking lazy and has a godawful mentality. We don't need apathetic guys that have good technique. We need guys that are class both technically and mentally. Players that buy in, fight and give effort. We had enough headcases during the fodder era.

Btw Belotti isn't a fraud imo - defenders pay more attention to him, which is part of the equation and would point towards him being a fraud, but his knee issue and him never finding rhythm because of it among other things is the main culprit behind this forgettable season. Overall, I wouldn't write him off but I wouldn't pay money I would've gladly paid last summer at this point. Anything above 40 mil is pure insanity, 25+10 if certain criteria are met seem like a fair deal tbh.
Fair enough.
I think we really fucked up in not getting Aubameyang....both for him and us.
I want an Aguero/Kane/Griezman type from now on. No fucking around.

Also if Anderson's a problem child, he can stay in Lazio

Cutrone 10 goals between Serie A and Europa League.

What's your point exactly?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's your point exactly?

Why waste money on Belotti when you know Cairo is going to ask for the moon. I'd be ok with rolling with what we have and just improving our wingers and mids.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Fair enough.

Oh yeah just watch him play, he looks ready to be an extra on the Walking Dead. Winning, losing - he doesn't give a fuck :lol:

Don't get me wrong, his skills are definitely there but his head simply isn't. Glad we can agree on that being important.

I'd love Griezmann and Aguero here, I am not so sure if Kane would adapt too well living in a Mediterranean country. But I am not really sure we could realistically get any of those. I know Aguero has been reportedly unhappy at various points but I just can't see City selling such an amazing player. Just look at his stats, they guy is like clockwork for years, super dependent, super lethal.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Fair enough.

saw some ars games and this guy is also looks like a fraud, missed so many chances

in short all strikers with high fee last summer look like frauds tbh

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Oh yeah just watch him play, he looks ready to be an extra on the Walking Dead. Winning, losing - he doesn't give a fuck :lol:

Don't get me wrong, his skills are definitely there but his head simply isn't. Glad we can agree on that being important.

I'd love Griezmann and Aguero here, I am not so sure if Kane would adapt too well living in a Mediterranean country. But I am not really sure we could realistically get any of those. I know Aguero has been reportedly unhappy at various points but I just can't see City selling such an amazing player. Just look at his stats, they guy is like clockwork for years, super dependent, super lethal.

Dont know anything about this guy but if its only his problem it could be he doesnt want to play in Lazio anymore, they cant win anything, he might have his motivitation back when change to a club like us.

Aguero is still very important for MC, dont think they want to sell him. Kane is good but overpriced and i dont think a English player leaves PL to join other League. We can trigger Griezmann release clause but so does some other big clubs.
Find a WC striker is indeed a headache.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
At this moment better to take 1 top player then 3 solid ones.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why waste money on Belotti when you know Cairo is going to ask for the moon. I'd be ok with rolling with what we have and just improving our wingers and mids.

That's pretty fair actually...I'm with you there....get a badass LW and if we need a forward he should be WORLD CLASS....Or we could get a better SS who could do what we hoped Silva did. :thumbsup:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
saw some ars games and this guy is also looks like a fraud, missed so many chances

in short all strikers with high fee last summer look like frauds tbh

You can't really judge him based on a new team, in a new league, with a new language, in a team in a tailspin.....many many players in our current team looked like complete shit under Montella....and it's not just him either....Sanchez started looking poor as did Ozil.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Give me Modric + Solid Left Winger, and 4-5 bench/rotation players and we're good.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Give me Modric + Solid Left Winger, and 4-5 bench/rotation players and we're good.

sounds about right. a winger and mid for the starting XI then a few more low cost/free players for the bench that can rotate in. maybe an extra winger, 1-2 mids and CB (should our reserves CB leave) for the bench. That's with Reina and Strinic already aboard.

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reus seems to be the most realistic world class player we've been linked with, and I still don't think Dortmund would let him go.

Ki is a very decent bench option, if Im not mistaken he can play CB too but we have decent back ups at CB already. We might need to get a 3rd starting caliber CB so that Bonucci/Romagnoli can get the rest they deserve, and also the 3 of them can challenge each other all season

Conti fully fit is probably top 2 RB in the league. Granted Calabria is killing it currently. With that being said you can't just suddenly bench Calabria as Conti will need a lot of time for one to get match fit and two to build team chemistry. I think both Conti and Calabria are capable of putting in a good cross with their left foot, so they might both be able to play on the left. Calabria already played on the left under Gattuso and he was average, so maybe trying Conti on the left might be the smarter option, which would also give him the opportunity to attack the goal more often

Status
Not open for further replies.