Date of Birth: 14 Mar 1992
Nationality: Italy
Height: 183 cm

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
MILAN - At the rally in Coverciano, scheduled for 13 to 22 October 2009, in preparation for the World Under-17 Championship in Nigeria, the technician Blue Pasquale Salerno has also summoned the Rossoneri striker Giacomo Beretta.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beretta, played as a starter yesterday, with the Italy Under-17 in the world cup against Algeria. He played good, nothing THAT special, but was no where near bad. He was in a 3 man striking force, they all got subbed and he was the last of them to get subbed.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
It could he is getting first team football you had to expect a couple of the new boys wouldn't get regular first team football especially since Milan retained some many players from last season primavera. btw does anyone know where you can view the under 17 tournament

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It could he is getting first team football you had to expect a couple of the new boys wouldn't get regular first team football especially since Milan retained some many players from last season primavera. btw does anyone know where you can view the under 17 tournament
I'm watching it on ART Sport, not sure you have it. Euro Sport was supposed to cover it, not sure about that now.
Anyways, to think that isn't even a starter(I'm not sure he's played even as a sub) for the Primavera shows how competitive the squad is.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thanks solider it is being televised on eurosport 2, the primavera team certainly looks very competitive i think every position is covered by qulaity youth players see a little bit of investment can do Berlusconi. I would Guess that Barbini and Beretta would get first team football next season although Milan are giving a trail to argentian player nick named the kitten lol and also rumours suggest that we are after a Spanish youth defender called Albert Blázquez

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'm watching it on ART Sport, not sure you have it. Euro Sport was supposed to cover it, not sure about that now.
Anyways, to think that isn't even a starter(I'm not sure he's played even as a sub) for the Primavera shows how competitive the squad is.

Yeah, EuroSport is covering it. I haven't had the the time to watch the games ... dont know whats happening there.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thanks solider it is being televised on eurosport 2, the primavera team certainly looks very competitive i think every position is covered by qulaity youth players see a little bit of investment can do Berlusconi. I would Guess that Barbini and Beretta would get first team football next season although Milan are giving a trail to argentian player nick named the kitten lol and also rumours suggest that we are after a Spanish youth defender called Albert Blázquez
Barbini and Beretta will NOT be in the first team next year. Quite frankly, neither of them have played/barely played for the primavera which shows that they are far from ready for that step. I think, that next year, they'll be leading the Milan Primavera attack, as Zigoni, Verdi, Schenetti shouldbe loaned out to a Serie B team.

Beretta just played his seocnd game for Italy.(Started both of their games). Despite the coach making quite changes in the attack Beretta was still there. Italy won 2-1, Beretta didn't score, but he was good. He wasn't getting any good delivery, but managed to do create some chances in the box that gave the Italian team momentum. He also plays a lot with his his back to the goal(I've noticed), and he's not bad at it. I'd like to see him get a normal chance to shoot, but there's still time. he eventually got subbed in the second half, but he was good.

madtherchot said:
Yeah, EuroSport is covering it. I haven't had the the time to watch the games ... dont know whats happening there.
Well, I've watched Italy and Brazil games, and you can't expect much entertainment. Defense is not good for all the teams, and they still have a lot of experience to gain to play some normal-good football, but you can see there are talents in the tournament.

Neymar is playing, by the way. So is Coutinho, the Inter player.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beretta scored his first goal in the Under-17 for Italy, in the 29th minute. The match ended in Italy winning 2-1 and advancing to the next knockout stage.

Didn't see the goal, and didn't watch much of the game, but hopefully it was a nice goal by Beretta and he continues shinning.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Beretta scored his first goal in the Under-17 for Italy, in the 29th minute. The match ended in Italy winning 2-1 and advancing to the next knockout stage.

Didn't see the goal, and didn't watch much of the game, but hopefully it was a nice goal by Beretta and he continues shinning.

Classic goal, he received the ball, he protect himself from the defender from behind and cool finish with the right leg from 7-10 meters

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the goal was all right it wasn't anything special but had a really good game

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A confident centre-forward on a goalscoring streak is an integral element to any team, just like the celebratory pizza after a victory - at least as far as the Italian team at the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2009 in Nigeria are concerned.

After their 2-1 round-of-16 win against USA, the Azzurrini were treated to a few 'delicacies' from back home by the accommodating chef at the team's base in Kaduna, and no-one enjoyed the celebratory feast more than Giacomo Beretta. The rising AC Milan star cut a frustrated figure as he failed to get on the scoresheet during the group stage, but he finally broke his duck against the Americans, making Italy doubly confident of going all the way in Nigeria.

He is an incredible player who is physically strong enough to keep opposing defences busy all on his own, which is why AC Milan bought him. Anyone playing us has to adapt to the way he plays, and that's why it's so important for us that he has started scoring again.
Italy coach Salerno on his No9

"I was so relieved after my goal that I just wanted to run around and hug the whole world," said Beretta to FIFA.com. "I went over to the coach first and gave him a hug to say thank you. Then I ran over to Pietro Iemmello who set my goal up and I thanked him as well. I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping the faith with me. Before the match, the coach Pasquale Salerno came and said to me that he was sure that I was going to score against USA, and that really helped! I needed to prove him right."

The truculent attacker was in the starting line-up for the wins against Uruguay and Korea Republic and was involved in every move up front, putting in the hard yards with his back to the goal and creating openings for his fellow forwards. But while Federico Carraro and Pietro Iemmello found the back of the net, Italy's No9 came away empty-handed. Now, though, the lean spell is over.

"Giacomo is an incredibly important part of the team," said Italy coach Pasquale Salerno to FIFA.com. "He is an incredible player who is physically strong enough to keep opposing defences busy all on his own, which is why AC Milan bought him. Anyone playing us has to adapt to the way he plays, and that's why it's so important for us that he has started scoring again."

Beretta by name, Beretta by nature
And so Italy have their most dangerous weapon back, just in time for the business end of the tournament. Beretta by name, Beretta by nature; when on form, the youngster is a lethal weapon, as is only fitting for someone who shares a surname with a famous Italian handgun. The headline-writers are rubbing their hands in anticipation as his career continues to blossom.

Italy were already one of the favourites before the tournament began, and with Beretta back on the goalscoring trail, they will be even harder to stop. The U-17 generation of the current FIFA World Cup™ holders are tactically mature and play a very direct brand of football - as complete a package as you will find in this age group.

Their quarter-final tie in Ijebu-Ode will see them take on a Switzerland team fresh from their epic win over Germany and who defeated Italy in the group stage of the recent UEFA European U-17 Championships. "We're ready for this, we're out for revenge," said a confident Beretta, who - you guessed it - was the Italian scorer in that 3-1 loss and is looking for his team to make amends.

This is on FIFA.com , they don't praise players like that usually.
http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=1129872.html#beretta+explodes+onto+scene

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Hope he will shine and get his chances.. :)

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I really hope he gets some minutes at the Emirates

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didnt get to see him play because I had work and family stuff, but how did he look? Does he seem physically ready to play with the first team?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I didnt get to see him play because I had work and family stuff, but how did he look? Does he seem physically ready to play with the first team?

he didn't play much but yeah, i saw him yesterday do it. He's big... the whole 'new vieri' thing could be true, stylistically. I recall when he was brought last year, scouts and galli said he resembles vieri in his prime, style wise. Also his old coaches and scouts said it too...

but i garentee he's in primavera next year as he wasn't even last year. Probably him and merkel will be even though they seem good enough to contribute for first team

Last edited:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
he didn't play much but yeah, i saw him yesterday do it. He's big... the whole 'new vieri' thing could be true, stylistically. I recall when he was brought last year, scouts and galli said he resembles vieri in his prime, style wise. Also his old coaches and scouts said it too...

but i garentee he's in primavera next year as he wasn't even last year. Probably him and merkel will be even though they seem good enough to contribute for first team

he was already in the primavera last year, but he is considered as Zigoni's sub, they kinda look the same kinda player, so Stroppa often opted Zigoni rather than Berreta at times plus he got injured by the end of the season,,
Merkel also played a lot in the primavera, they never play in the Beretti ..
I think Allegri likes both, maybe they'll play in some Copa Italy games this season. The primavera mid is strong this season with Fossati, Calvano, Hottor, and stroppa likes to rotate

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thanks. I looked up some of the Primavera threads from earlier this year, and at one tournament they went two he had 2 hat tricks in two games.

I think he will for sure be the top Primavera striker since Zigoni is gone, but if we have an injury or two I would like to see him get some time with the senior team.

Our young strikers seem very promising, the new Pippo (Paloschi) the new Toni (Zigoni) the new Vieri (Beretta) and Pato, Verdi, and Dom. Thats a lot of young firepower.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally think he sucks

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Alot Better than Zigoni or Odu though.