Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
I like what I saw today vs Cagliari... welcome son ��

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meh first game, defensive contribution was lacking and lazy for coming on as a sub, attacking wise ok but not brilliant. Has to improve his work rate and of course also get to know our set up better.

It can really go either way with him, from the first impression I?d say that he is a pure reserve (which we need anyway) but there are many games to play still and he just arrived.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meh first game, defensive contribution was lacking and lazy for coming on as a sub, attacking wise ok but not brilliant. Has to improve his work rate and of course also get to know our set up better.

It can really go either way with him, from the first impression I?d say that he is a pure reserve (which we need anyway) but there are many games to play still and he just arrived.

Hmm opposite of what most of us thought. It may take time to adjust to our defensive tactics

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

tbf, 2 man mid takes a lot out of mids and needs lots of matches and tactical awareness. since we don't play possession based high line defense, lots of time there is plenty of open spaces around mids.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
miles better than krunic

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Will have some good games, some average games, and some shit games. Won't light up the league but will be useful. He was brought in for a purpose and he will 100% accomplish that.

That purpose = be better than Krunic

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So far it looks like we did good to have just an option that probably we will not take but still too early on the season.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
So far it looks like we did good to have just an option that probably we will not take but still too early on the season.

Played out of position though.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Played out of position though.

I know. Same as Krunic but he was just meh TBH. I expected him to do more pressing defensively like I saw him do for Torino but he was as soft as I have seen. Oh well, game is over and the team has to learn from mistakes of this game.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He’s a bit of a passanger, isn’t he?
Offensive game of course can only partly be held against him, he’s not an AM. However defensive/workrate-wise he is really lacking, today and also in his first game.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Positioning was bad when it came to defending but not really his fault. Pioli took a gamble and it didn't work.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Don't think we can put too much blame on him. Only been with the squad a few days and won't fully integrate with the "system" as we would want. That, and he played in AM. It was the whole approach of a more defensive game after our strong first 5-10 minutes that let Atalanta just run at us and lose control that was the issue. In turn, Meite then looked poor as he was unable to do much about it.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't think we can put too much blame on him. Only been with the squad a few days and won't fully integrate with the "system" as we would want. That, and he played in AM. It was the whole approach of a more defensive game after our strong first 5-10 minutes that let Atalanta just run at us and lose control that was the issue. In turn, Meite then looked poor as he was unable to do much about it.

Tracking back is not rocket science, he doesn't have a good defensive work rate and even if you don't move perfectly in defense at least trying does something. I mean Hakan is also not a stellar defender but he always tries his best.
Even in his first game when played as a CDM he was shite in that respect, jogging back while a Kessie (who started the game) was doing a sprint to help out in defense.

From a DM, even when new to the team, you should be able to expect more. So far he suffers from the same lack of defensive cohesiveness that Krunic shows and which makes him undesirable for the double pivot.

That he is not an AM is not his fault, just don't repeat this experiment.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
For midfielders, tracking is much harder than you think. I'd actually say it is one of the most difficult task. For a CAM its even harder. For wingers, it is easy because you just have to follow the touchline.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn finding it hard in seeing much hope in this guy, he’s got far too many gaps and dumb moments in his game

Would make sense why he’s impressed at first in Italy (physique, fast, good in air and can dribble) but he’s just too much of a passenger in every sense

Schedule