Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli during the game about Lukaku after Lautaro made it 1-0:
"velocissimo (He's very fast)"

https://twitter.com/SempreMilanCom/status/1363800702158589952

:fp::fp::fp:
:lol::lol::lol:

Grande Capitano getting bullied by a donkey. :proud:

It only took him 5 games to realize this.
He isn't just physically slow, but mentally as well.

I know Romagnoli's been eating shit for breakfast here for months (rightfully in many occasions), but this is not on him.

There's a whole bunch of people that are to blame for this particular thing before him. Pioli and his 'mini me' being on top of this list. There's also a whole team of analysists and pundits that are supposed to help with the strategy. They were facing a team known for being one of the fastest and most clinical on counters and how did they approach them? Instead of focusing on limiting Lukaku and trying to hold the center (never happening with Pioli when facing 3-5-2 btw), they literally gave him and Lautaro all the space that they needed. Since the very beginning of the game it looked like we were with 2 men down. Their counters were like a walk in the park. There were numerous occasions when they attacked 4 vs 4 after just 1 simple pass from Brozovic/CB. There were also chances 4 vs 3. Not one or two. That's how much space there was available for merda's strikers. They caught us with our pants down in the 4th minute ffs :lol: Conte's been using one and the same setup for the whole season - sit back -> win the ball -> long ball to Lukaku -> distribute to Hakimi/Barella/Lautaro or turn around and attack the already thin defense. When they do it 10 times per game, it's practically not possible to not score at least once. Every fucking game. And what did we do to stop this? Seriously asking. What was Pioli's plan to stop merda's counters?

Romagnoli's reaction speaks not of his stupidity but of a total lack of preparation. His, team's and coach's lack of preparation. After playing already 4 times against Lukaku they still haven't found enough time to analyze his game and try to stop him. I guess the instructions to the defensive department for the game were 'just don't let them score'. Blaming Romagnoli and Kjaer who was awful too yesterday is like blaming a group of soldiers for being killed, instead of their command that drove them to an ambush. That's what Conte did with Pioli. Allowed him to hold the ball, be confident at times that his team knows what to do and then out of nowhere kill the game. We actually got lucky to only concede 3. Apart from the 20 minutes (35th - 55th) when we were attacking with serious power, Conte's team was all over ours. In every aspect.

The only one who actually had a good game was Theo who kept Hakimi silent for the whole game. But he prepared himself as he knows who he was up against from their time in Madrid.

Yes, Handanovic saved them, but this is not changing the fact that Conte outsmarted and outclassed Pioli completely. He did the exact same thing against Pirlo and Inzaghi and you know what happened? Another 2 wins in derbies with many goals scored from counters. It actually drives me crazy that such a simple approach is working so well for them and the opponents' coaches keep on doing nothing to stop it.

P.S. No, there's 1 coach that actually made something to stop them - Prandelli in the cup game. Ever since Lukaku came on (played like 50-60 minutes in total) he had Igor/Quarta all the time on his back and did not allow him to do anything. As a result Lukaku was completely silent until the last minute when he was left alone in the box and scored a header. Apart from that merda did not create anything good against this mediocre Viola.

Last edited:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@AntoVitiello
: Milan have intensified contacts for Florian Thauvin on a free transfer in the summer. Milan count on closing the deal for ?4M/year on a five-year contract

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#ACMilan have gone from an average of 2.5 points per game in the first eight games of the season, to an average of 1.4 points per game in the last seven league games.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
We didn't beat Utd with tactics in 2007... we won bc of Ballon level display by Kaka.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Sure.

Here's a simple gameplan : tomori, with his strength and speed starts in place of Aletta every game from now on. :thumbsup:

There's more chance of Tomori playing for Chelsea next season than Capitano being benched.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Howcan i be as cool as tantalis

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know Romagnoli's been eating shit for breakfast here for months (rightfully in many occasions), but this is not on him.

There's a whole bunch of people that are to blame for this particular thing before him. Pioli and his 'mini me' being on top of this list. There's also a whole team of analysists and pundits that are supposed to help with the strategy. They were facing a team known for being one of the fastest and most clinical on counters and how did they approach them? Instead of focusing on limiting Lukaku and trying to hold the center (never happening with Pioli when facing 3-5-2 btw), they literally gave him and Lautaro all the space that they needed. Since the very beginning of the game it looked like we were with 2 men down. Their counters were like a walk in the park. There were numerous occasions when they attacked 4 vs 4 after just 1 simple pass from Brozovic/CB. There were also chances 4 vs 3. Not one or two. That's how much space there was available for merda's strikers. They caught us with our pants down in the 4th minute ffs :lol: Conte's been using one and the same setup for the whole season - sit back -> win the ball -> long ball to Lukaku -> distribute to Hakimi/Barella/Lautaro or turn around and attack the already thin defense. When they do it 10 times per game, it's practically not possible to not score at least once. Every fucking game. And what did we do to stop this? Seriously asking. What was Pioli's plan to stop merda's counters?

Romagnoli's reaction speaks not of his stupidity but of a total lack of preparation. His, team's and coach's lack of preparation. After playing already 4 times against Lukaku they still haven't found enough time to analyze his game and try to stop him. I guess the instructions to the defensive department for the game were 'just don't let them score'. Blaming Romagnoli and Kjaer who was awful too yesterday is like blaming a group of soldiers for being killed, instead of their command that drove them to an ambush. That's what Conte did with Pioli. Allowed him to hold the ball, be confident at times that his team knows what to do and then out of nowhere kill the game. We actually got lucky to only concede 3. Apart from the 20 minutes (35th - 55th) when we were attacking with serious power, Conte's team was all over ours. In every aspect.

The only one who actually had a good game was Theo who kept Hakimi silent for the whole game. But he prepared himself as he knows who he was up against from their time in Madrid.

Yes, Handanovic saved them, but this is not changing the fact that Conte outsmarted and outclassed Pioli completely. He did the exact same thing against Pirlo and Inzaghi and you know what happened? Another 2 wins in derbies with many goals scored from counters. It actually drives me crazy that such a simple approach is working so well for them and the opponents' coaches keep on doing nothing to stop it.

P.S. No, there's 1 coach that actually made something to stop them - Prandelli in the cup game. Ever since Lukaku came on (played like 50-60 minutes in total) he had Igor/Quarta all the time on his back and did not allow him to do anything. As a result Lukaku was completely silent until the last minute when he was left alone in the box and scored a header. Apart from that merda did not create anything good against this mediocre Viola.

Where is brk? It's time... #pioliout

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lets not all gang up on Tantalis... he's a good guy. And he is misunderstood, he doesnt act all tough and hard... he just doesnt like seeing a defeatist attitude in game thread on game days. Its a nice sentiment... dont be pricks abt it.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
You sure talk a lot for someone that doesn't care

It's rude not to respond to someone talking to you. I don't care what you think, I do care about making my own thoughts clear.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Regarding defense and speed it would help a lot if Theo would stop playing like a LW all the time.
Now that it somewhat lost the element of surprise it is unfortunatly getting old very quick and especially big teams can deal with it and even exploit it.
We cannot expect such a simple thing to work for more than a year in Serie A.

It would help if the whole team just sat back in front of our own goal. Then Romagnoli would finally be able to do his job decently. Why do they refuse to help him out and make him look bad every match?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's rude not to respond to someone talking to you. I don't care what you think, I do care about making my own thoughts clear.

Ok. Let me make my own thoughts clear as well, bud.
Absolutely no one is buying your tough guy act.
No matter how much you want to push that image through, it just ain't gonna happen.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It would help if the whole team just sat back in front of our own goal. Then Romagnoli would finally be able to do his job decently. Why do they refuse to help him out and make him look bad every match?

We got beat 3:0 by a team playing on the counter. Yet people think we have to go all out attacking against the strongest teams.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legend Alessandro Costacurta says the Rossoneri ?must look over their shoulders' to finish in the Champions League places.

The Rossoneri suffered a 3-0 defeat in the Derby della Madonnina on Sunday. It was their second back-to-back loss in Serie A.

Milan sit second in the table, four points off leaders Inter.

?They must look over their shoulder now, because there are some easy games that Milan are not facing in the right manner,? Costacurta told Sky Sport.

?Milan have shown this, as when they lost against Spezia. It is not so easy to go and gain points in Serie A this season and this applies to all teams,? the former Italy and Milan defender said.

Milan have managed 15 points from nine Serie A games in 2021, winning five and losing four. They?ve lost five games in all competitions since January and failed to score in four games, something that occurred only once until December 2020.

Billy for AM. Mini Me isnt going to tell pioli all this is he... Billy will!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We didn't beat Utd with tactics in 2007... we won bc of Ballon level display by Kaka.

We had Kaka. They had CR7, Rooney and Saha. All very fast attackers.
They also had Ryan Giggs.
Kaka for sure did his part but Carlo prepared well for the United attack.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We got beat 3:0 by a team playing on the counter. Yet people think we have to go all out attacking against the strongest teams.

That was all out attack? Lol
Just accept that Romagnoli isn't good enough and move on. Stop inventing excuses for him

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
We had Kaka. They had CR7, Rooney and Saha. All very fast attackers.
They also had Ryan Giggs.
Kaka for sure did his part but Carlo prepared well for the United attack.

We had kaka, rino, nesta, seedorf, ( pirla like it or not leaf ). Thats enough to win :p

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Ain't no use in defending Romagnoli. He used to be decent and looked better when he was surrounded by a lot of inferior players, but he's been piss poor this season. It's also clear that he's regressing to a questionable level.

He doesn't stand a chance when it comes to retaining his position and instead can count the days until he's stripped from his armband. Either Gabbia or Tomori will take his place soon and the armband will be given to Gigio as a part of his contract negotiations.

Don't be sad about it. Be glad that others will be given the chance to solidify our defence.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Carlo prepared by calling the Utd's central pair and told them to take each other out so Kaka cud run at the goal and score.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Merda still has to play some big teams like juve napoli roma again... surely theyll drop some points here and there

As for us, only need to think about our matches and get back to winning ways. Im a believer

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Players win games... throughout the season there might be 4/5 games that the team wins with vital bit of instruction from coach... otherwise its all on the players.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You must be the most unfunny person I've seen on the internet. Congrats.

Wots funny abt this? Im serious... Billy for AM.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We need to win in Rome and keep the momentum.

Maldini said 50 times this is a BEGGINING OF THE PROJECT.

Next year I expect 20-30% stronger Milan. With Thauvin, vice Theo, new DM not called Meite and if Mandzo doesnt stay Belotti.

Listen guys, we are veeeery young team. It needs adaptions and experience. Also better preparations and next year no qualifiers!

CL is a must, it will give us new qzality players. Bench lacks quality.

For a CL team we lack: vice Theo, better cb then Romagnoli, one quality DM, Thauvin and Belotti if Nandzo doesnt get fit. Give this team 4, 5 real players and its ready.

Forza Milan per sempre! Milano siamo NOI!

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CJ0D46AUkAAJYeG.png

who would expect (from left)
saudi arabia
serieB
china
and it all before being 30yo

Should've stuck with them.

Still more pleasing than Borini--Kalinic--Suso trio with Cutrone being subbed in at RW

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Players win games... throughout the season there might be 4/5 games that the team wins with vital bit of instruction from coach... otherwise its all on the players.

Coaches can only do so much. Players have to be intelligent and pro active on the field

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Gimme Vina, Ramos, Dm, Thauvin, Belotti and we win scudetto 100%

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
There's more chance of Tomori playing for Chelsea next season than Capitano being benched.

Then gazidis will remind maldini about the pecking order by showing the coaches and sporting directors on his speed dial.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Gimme Vina, Ramos, Dm, Thauvin, Belotti and we win scudetto 100%

God what i would give to have Ramos marking lukaku instead of lolagnoli

Status
Not open for further replies.