The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazurxiii

Primavera
Reaction score
Zlatan is full of shit here. LeBron can talk all he wants about things that impact him and his community.

Zlatan was doing the same a couple of years ago. :lol:

Bullshit. NBA ratings r historically low. PPL r tiered of making sport politically involved. Dude is defending his looting hommies and on the other side silent like dead men bout genocide in China. Hipocryte and what he is doing is simply bad for buissness.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Watching the Bologna game, and again I'm impressed with Svanberg. Would be a logical signing this summer if we're selling Krunic and Meite possibly returning to Torino.

Keep an eye on him. I know this would be a typical Massara signing, negotiating with his good friend, Sabatini.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
are we allowed to post something from r/acmilan ?

Screenshot-20210227-213240-440.png

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli simply knows what an asset he has in Romagnoli, he would be a starter in almost every club compareable to current Milan.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli simply knows what an asset he has in Romagnoli, he would be a starter in almost every club compareable to current Milan.

Assets as in what? A CIA asset who is actually an undercover KGB spy in the cold war whose sole purpose is to infiltrate and destroy from the inside? That's the asset current Romagnoli appears to be on the pitch.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Assets as in what? A CIA asset who is actually an undercover KGB spy in the cold war whose sole purpose is to infiltrate and destroy from the inside? That's the asset current Romagnoli appears to be on the pitch.

Because all other players are in brilliant form lol

I swear since Ambro there hasn?t been any captain not over-criticised, and Ambro only survived the jury because he was basically a living club legend at that point.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

I swear since Ambro there hasn?t been any captain not over-criticised, and Ambro only survived the jury because he was basically a living club legend at that point.

Yes, why have milan fans been overly critical of club legends like bonucci, montolivo and romagnoli. :fp:

Gtfo here.

If pioli doesn't bench this scrub then we should all hold our hands in a circle and hope for an acl or something. As unethical as it is wishing injury on a player , it might end up being less painful for Milan's season than it is for him.

It will also hopefully ensure we don't bother negotiating any extension.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

I know, I know. But as a captain like Romagnoli who is a more experienced player in the team and renewing with Raiola as his agent, you will be more under the microscope than most others (unless you're a big money signing and don't perform). But since Ambro, our captains haven't exactly been great either have they? Montolivo needs no words. Bonucci was a fraud mostly here.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What an idiotic thing to say by Zlatan... I mean WHAT?? So the only ones who should talk about events/issues in society are politicians? It doesn't even make sense, how would that even work? What a fucking idiot :lol:

The problem isn't celebrities talking, the problem is people value their opinion to much.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Bullshit. NBA ratings r historically low. PPL r tiered of making sport politically involved. Dude is defending his looting hommies and on the other side silent like dead men bout genocide in China. Hipocryte and what he is doing is simply bad for buissness.

Lol...incoherent comment. You're saying Lebron shouldn't talk about issues affecting his community unless he also talks about all other issues around the world? :lol: He'll talk about what matters to him the most and what he sees in his community. The NBA doesn't seem to have a problem with that so don't worry about their "business".

Also, ALL sports from NFL, Baseball, Golf, Hockey and the NBA has seen drops in TV ratings last year. That has nothing to do with activism in sports. There's little to no "activism" in baseball (40% down in ratings) and hockey (38% down in ratings), yet they dropped in ratings even more than the NBA did. Moot point.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Roma according to Sky:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Tonali, Kessi?: Saelemaekers, Calhanoglu, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

What is it going to take for Romagnoli to get benched? I would even put Gabbia ahead of him. Gabbia looked more aggressive than Romagnoli in the few games he played early in the season.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

What is it going to take for Romagnoli to get benched? I would even put Gabbia ahead of him. Gabbia looked more aggressive than Romagnoli in the few games he played early in the season.

What I don't understand is Pioli himself said that "it's normal for a player to lose sharpness and struggle after playing so much in a short period of time". This was his response to Romagnoli's drop of form. So then...if you've identified the problem as being too many games (tiredness)....then why not give him a break??? I don't get it....

It's not a question whether Pioli is right in that response or not. It's about responding to the problem he's identified himself (apparently).

If you're gonna identify a problem (right or wrong, only time will tell)...and then refuse to change course in order to fix it....then you deserve all the criticism and bullshit coming your way eventually.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score

cause tomori and gabbia only played few games and are young players...its not like we have haaland and others on our bench...just few free players thats it...we cant bench romaslowly atm:fp:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know, I know. But as a captain like Romagnoli who is a more experienced player in the team and renewing with Raiola as his agent, you will be more under the microscope than most others (unless you're a big money signing and don't perform). But since Ambro, our captains haven't exactly been great either have they? Montolivo needs no words. Bonucci was a fraud mostly here.

I understand that the Captain is a bit special, but like I posted I think it is regularly getting out of hand at Milan. I don?t agree with the Raiola thing, especially because we also had periods where the club encouraged players to change to him.

Bonucci is a good example I think, if you take out some of the Juve shady-ness he?s a strong and internationally appreciated player all over his career with clear strengths and weaknesses. Yet as a recent era Milan captain you have to be a flawless player apparently. Of course with Bonucci there was also this transfer period where we were either very unlucky or Juve scammed us in a couple of deals, but even if you take that away the point stands imo.

I always liked Monto, even post injuries Montolivo wasn?t really worse than overpriced Biglia, at least not in any way that reflected Biglia?s price tag. Not even to start with the countless horror shows of midfielders we had during his years. Our best mids now are thankfully better, but that‘s a very recent change.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
+ it would simply upset the squad benching ur captain for many years midseason...when the squad is already close to depression

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
+ it would simply upset the squad benching ur captain for many years midseason...when the squad is already close to depression

But it wouldn't be "benching". It would be "resting". Especially after his comments earlier today.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
But it wouldn't be "benching". It would be "resting". Especially after his comments earlier today.

sorry i guess i was responding to panache who mentioned benching
a rest is fine if he truly needs it (doubt it he barely moves)

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score

this is the problem with the team...
football u have to play collectively to create space and be UNPREDICTABLE
make opponent think 2 late (because reacting is slower then initiating action simple..the brain is always 2 late)
if one piece struggles the other pieces will be impacted negatively (hence my hate on calabria)

right now its completely gone...pioli is very rigid on his simple tactics and got carried by var and individual performances (in the start there was SOME chemistry and some football being played at the peak)

and the team cant play football....bennacer really needs some buddies to play ball with up in midfield and final third but pioli is not someone who makes u play ball he is used to trash relegation tactics (his points per game is 1.44 , ragnick 1.71 and conte had 1.82 , sarri 1.6 and allegri 1.56)

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
we need stadium
and conte/allegri/pellegrini
or a serious top foreign coach

formation with 3 defenders i also really find interesting i hope we can see it
only after that we will see good football each week

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if we win tomorrow it would be a huge step towards CHL

Winning tomorrow would be big, but if not it?s only a matter of time until Juve take 2nd. It?ll be 5 teams for 2 spots: Milan, Roma, Lazio, Atalanta, Napoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.