The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Sadly tho i think scudetto dream is over:( i would be really surprised to see merda drop points vs the likes of parma

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
memphis is free this summer
Memphis-belotti, different kind of cf pair, would like if maldini can get them both, that kind of striker maybe could unlock parked bus.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
memphis is a rapper...nothing wrong with him

problem is leao has poor rapping statistic
giphy.gif

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the same Gattuso who tried to make a Neuer out of donnarumma and string passes close to goal? yeah, that won't work with what we have

Donna has improved in this aspect a lot

We just need a striker that can finish off chances and is mobile / strong / technical enough to not look totally impotent if a teammate isnt next to him to hold his hand.

Belotti next year would be nice

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Leao is simply languid in style .
He isn’t “lazy” but you can’t expect him to run around all game like Inzaghi did
I think he’s a bit similar to Henry’s calm style.

He needs the ball to feet more than he will give you a ton of off-the-ball runs.
When he gets the ball, he will use his pace and skills to attack.
To me this means that he’s more of a ss #7 than #9

Ppl are shitting themselves for no reason. You play a player meant for one role into another and you absolutely won’t get the best out of him.

That said, he needs the discipline to give it a proper shake no matter his role or what circumstance he finds himself in

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Might be a coincidence but I feel like Leao dropped of in terms of form since he fancies himself a rapper.

You really shouldnt post such trivial assumptions when you go to mount Everest supplying reasons why Romagnoli isnt at fault.

Leao has been similar from the time he has arrived - flashes and long periods of inactivity.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Leao is simply languid in style .
He isn?t ?lazy? but you can?t expect him to run around all game like Inzaghi did
I think he?s a bit similar to Henry?s calm style.

He needs the ball to feet more than he will give you a ton of off-the-ball runs.
When he gets the ball, he will use his pace and skills to attack.
To me this means that he?s more of a ss #7 than #9

Ppl are shitting themselves for no reason. You play a player meant for one role into another and you absolutely won?t get the best out of him.

That said, he needs the discipline to give it a proper shake no matter his role or what circumstance he finds himself in

Its also possible he isn't anywhere near Henry as a player and is closer to an average player than a ballon D'or level player like Henry

The thing with Leao is nobody knows what his ceiling is yet. Some people compare him to ballon d'or players while others want him sold immediately for being mediocre. He definitely needs to get involved in games more so we get a clearer idea of how good he can be.

What happened yesterday with him is unacceptable. Plays 90 mins and be invisible 90 mins and you are the lone striker. Even in games he scores good goals most of the time he is uninvolved

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Again, not saying that the situation is exactly the same
However Henry was also underperforming while being played out of position. There are a ton of very successful strikers who you don't really see all game and then they pop up and make their contribution...then disappear again.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Our squad is just not deep enough for our packed schedule. Many average and mediocre players not good enough for a league title charge

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Totally agree 100%. Pioli resta

He more than deserves another season with us. Call me crazy but i highly doubt we are not qualifying for CL

have we really not learned anything from relying solely on good patches of performances by coaches?

coach is tested on a season and objectives, and not on peak games. Montella comes to mind....

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
If Pioli manages to get us to CL he absolutely should stay for at least one more year why in Gods name are there objections to this!!?!? First coach since Allegri to get us to CL since Allegri and you'd want him gone? :lol: You know what we've been through, horror, absolute horror for past 7 years, and you know that. And you'd want him gone? The disrespect..

Padre resta in case of CL

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
have we really not learned anything from relying solely on good patches of performances by coaches?

coach is tested on a season and objectives, and not on peak games. Montella comes to mind....

I agree in general, but the thing is Pioli's competence has been in evidence now for almost a whole year. It just so happens that the revival truly took shape when last season was ending and there was nothing really meaningful left to play for (post-lockdown). Right now, we're a decimated, tired squad who has had shitty luck with COVID and injuries. We have coped well and are second.

Provided we don't do anything colossally suicidal by the end of the season, Pioli should absolutely be our coach next season.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Pioli manages to get us to CL he absolutely should stay for at least one more year why in Gods name are there objections to this!!?!? First coach since Allegri to get us to CL since Allegri and you'd want him gone? :lol: You know what we've been through, horror, absolute horror for past 7 years, and you know that. And you'd want him gone? The disrespect..

Padre resta in case of CL

IKR :thumbsup:

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
It's going to be really tough to get top4 spot, but I don't think this years Lazio and Napoli can threaten us. On other side, Roma is a tricky one. For Atalanta, if they keep performing like this, we're in trouble.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
It's going to be really tough to get top4 spot, but I don't think this years Lazio and Napoli can threaten us. On other side, Roma is a tricky one. For Atalanta, if they keep performing like this, we're in trouble.

This weekend is key. Juve-Lazio, Inter-Atalanta.

We just need to squeeze out this win and hope for draws in both fixtures (Lazio win would be acceptable as well).

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We are in a far better position than anyone has expected 1 year before and this despite she shittiest luck with injuries. As one commentator said in one of the latest games - "Pioli has put himself in a difficult spot by overachieving so far"

If we'd had gotten to this position by grinding wins and climbing the ladder, everyone would be super happy.

Sure, there is concern, as our form is in decline and some games have been ugly, but even Inter has mostly won through ugly play, despite having the best squad / best depth and luck with squad health. Lukaku has missed only 1 Serie A game, right?

A problem with evaluating Pioli now is that he's working with many limitations, so it's hard to give a fair assessment. I think he deserves 1 more season just on the form we've shown in 2020 alone... that shows what he can do. I believe we'll still get 4th place, so then it is not even a question of changing the coach.

Hopefully he benches Roma more often and maybe even Zlatan once Mandzu returns. Leao should go play with Primavera for a while

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

I hate this juls fecker the most on ESPN... then gab.

Sid Lowe is a cool guy :thumbsup:

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
What will we name the new rumor commode?

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

I hate this juls fecker the most on ESPN... then gab.

Sid Lowe is a cool guy :thumbsup:

Interesting. Gab and Jules are solid dudes. I can think of like 6 examples of far more detestable pundits.

I prefer Sid Lowe's writing to his speaking.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those crosses would have found the head of Ibra or Mandzukic at least some of the time. Leao is just useless in the air and doesn't have the killer instinct or timing to be able to anticipate where he needs to be in the box to attack the ball. He just stands with the defender and thinks that's enough. I used to think that he can be a CF to replace Ibra next year, I don't think so anymore. He can be devastating in space, but we can't always play against those types of teams.

I don't think that it's his skillset who hinders him, it's his mindset. Talent is there. Plenty of it. But if he doesn't realize that he can't be a passenger for 90% of the game week I nweek out, especially not in his young age where he has everything to prove and nothing to show off, he's...

... and I don't know when the last time was I didn't wrote this in a post that was about Leao...

... pulling another Balotelli.

Imagine Leao with Rebic' mindset. Unstoppable.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
You heard of Tim Vickery? I like him. Very knowledgeable on South American players.

Yeah, Vickery is great. I used to have a subscription to World Soccer back when people subscribed to magazines. Vickery, Paddy Agnew, Lowe...were all in there.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again, not saying that the situation is exactly the same
However Henry was also underperforming while being played out of position. There are a ton of very successful strikers who you don't really see all game and then they pop up and make their contribution...then disappear again.
Icardi is one that immediately pops into my mind. Well, if Leao shares closely the same goal scoring numbers as Icardi we can talk...

But until then, there really are no excuses for his soft laissez faire attitude. Isn't that the issue here?

The game yesterday surely didn't help his characteristics, I can agree on that. I'm not complaining his lack of goals however, but his lack of spirit. He didn't even try to participate. For comparison: Rebic was played lone CF despite not being at his auge at all up there many times this season. He didn't do much better neither if you looked at numbers only. However, you clearly see two different attitudes on the pitch when you compare them; one that helps your team and one that seems to not even care.

I want Leao to be much hungrier on the pitch. Even, or better said, especially when the opponent doesn't suit his characteristics. At least try to offer something, and not seemingly enter the pitch with an excuse to begin with for not being deceive at all. That's not how he's gonna grow into a professional football player.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our performance lately reminds me of the start of last season, what the hell happened ?
At first we were almost unbeatable, with very nice football, And now we cant even win against Crvena - Spezia and Udinese.
Tbh I dont see us winning against Hellas, with this same performance like yesterday.
There need to be some chances. To think about its because of all the injuries, is not very true.
This team still should be good enough to beat fking Spezia and Udinese

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our performance lately reminds me of the start of last season, what the hell happened ?
At first we were almost unbeatable, with very nice football, And now we cant even win against Crvena - Spezia and Udinese.
Tbh I dont see us winning against Hellas, with this same performance like yesterday.
There need to be some chances. To think about its because of all the injuries, is not very true.
This team still should be good enough to beat fking Spezia and Udinese
True, but we didn't thought that we could win against Roma after the last couple of weeks and yet we did.

This squad is squeezing every little bit out of its bones while it gave us so much joy and happiness in what have been some of our darkest months in a long time. That's why I'm on Instagram spamming their posts with lots of encouragement and positive words every day.

I never did in the past but somehow I feel like as a fan that's the most productive thing I can contribute to help them get back in track and continue this wonderful journey that began almost a year ago. I mean it's easy to like and be a fan wen things are going well. It's even easier to be hyped. But the moment the team needs it's fans the most are the very exact moments we are going through now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule