Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Gsp 100% doesnt want to fight woodley. Take pre usada hendricks who faced gsp and then just add explosiveness, more power, more strength, better reflexes, bigger reach and better grappling then tou get woodley. Woodley will flatline gsp.

He has a good chance to outpoint him, but that's just about it. He won't risk throwing hay makers at GSP, he will play it safe.

Also while the guy does hit hard, its not like USADA Hendricks, who was barely touching people and they were going to sleep.

Either way, GSP won't stand a chance against left hook Larry.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think GSP is scared, he's just making the right choice.

Woodley is now known as "The Boring One", and is arguably a tougher fight (Bisping is no joke).

In the end of the day he wants to earn money, and like Dana said Bisping comes to fight.

And to those comparing GSP and Woodley check this out from /r/mma: The first three title defences

1lod8sqyr0dz.png

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
@az,
Nha dude. Woodley right overhand would knock any welterweight not called gastulem out. Much more powerful than hendricks. Hendricks has been avoiding woodley for a long time and there is a reason why.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
@Jacare Rory made Woodley his bitch and Nick Diaz chin. I don't know why people don't abuse Woodley backing againts the cage like Rory did.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
At that time woodley dint even have a coach man. He has evolved now. Would like to see a rematch for sure. Rory lost to wonderboy quite convincingly yet woodley beat wonderboy. I really like rory but i dont see him beating wonderboy. Woodley rory would be interesting.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
woodza tore his labrum in the first round, makes his performance even better

p4p #2

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Labrum tear is no joke. Woodley may be out for awhile.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
woodza is legit. I think gastulem, rory and maybe douglas lima could potentially beat him. He is getting old. He probably only has another 2 good years left in him. He is 35.
Gastulem is definitely a future champ. Mark my words. Rory, i really hope he comes back to ufc after destroying douglas lima.

btw is paul daley any good? i remember rogan saying something along the lines that he is one of the best fighters in bellator. He is up there with douglas lima and larkin. I just dont rate him judging by his performances against elite competition. He has not beaten anyone noteworthy.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
woodza is legit. I think gastulem, rory and maybe douglas lima could potentially beat him. He is getting old. He probably only has another 2 good years left in him. He is 35.
Gastulem is definitely a future champ. Mark my words. Rory, i really hope he comes back to ufc after destroying douglas lima.

btw is paul daley any good? i remember rogan saying something along the lines that he is one of the best fighters in bellator. He is up there with douglas lima and larkin. I just dont rate him judging by his performances against elite competition. He has not beaten anyone noteworthy.

Daley is very one-dimensional, his grappling is virtually non-existent. At this day and age, I would say that is a auto-DQ from being elite at his weight division.

Gastelum is good but he's already missed weight 3 times at welterweight...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
mma fans:

he take no risks!!!!!!! y he no throw haymakerz!!!

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daley is very one-dimensional, his grappling is virtually non-existent. At this day and age, I would say that is a auto-DQ from being elite at his weight division.

Gastelum is good but he's already missed weight 3 times at welterweight...

btw had there an addition of an extra few seconds in the first round between gastulem and weidman, do you reckon gastulem would have won that bout?

Gastuelm still looks legit in MW imo. just needs to work on his bjj. I forgot how good weidman was at bjj. I can see gastulem beating the likes of bisping, jacare now, possibly even romero give his age. It would be interesting between gastulem and whittaker. Rockhold i think would be a bad matchup for him. Same as weidman, he was just a bad matchup due to a better ground game and wrestling.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rda vs magny official. Really interested in that fight. Rda fights very well against taller guys. Would be interesting.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
At that time woodley dint even have a coach man. He has evolved now. Would like to see a rematch for sure. Rory lost to wonderboy quite convincingly yet woodley beat wonderboy. I really like rory but i dont see him beating wonderboy. Woodley rory would be interesting.

How has Woodley evolve? He fights the same way every fight.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How has Woodley evolve? He fights the same way every fight.

better gas tank now. Has leaned down a bit and has improved his grappling. His feints and boxing has improved significantly. Definitely gas tank is his biggest improvement though. He is not tall but he has a long reach. Thats why he backs himself against the wall to counter. Ever since he started training with askren he has improved his defensive wrestling and it shows now.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
btw had there an addition of an extra few seconds in the first round between gastulem and weidman, do you reckon gastulem would have won that bout?

Gastuelm still looks legit in MW imo. just needs to work on his bjj. I forgot how good weidman was at bjj. I can see gastulem beating the likes of bisping, jacare now, possibly even romero give his age. It would be interesting between gastulem and whittaker. Rockhold i think would be a bad matchup for him. Same as weidman, he was just a bad matchup due to a better ground game and wrestling.

I can't say weight is the only factor with Gastulem losing to Weidman.

I think Gastulem is a bit small for 185, in a sense that he isn't as tall and doesn't have the reach, and his grappling isn't an advantage in close quarters. I don't really see him advancing too far in MW tbh.

I still think WW is best division for him, but given his trouble with weight cuts, I currently am not high on him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I still think WW is best division for him, but given his trouble with weight cuts, I currently am not high on him.

+1

just get your shit together ffs. So much talent, I can't believe he's missed 3 times. And there are really no excuses for that. Keep a good diet and you'll make weight.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Do u guys think if D.C were to get in shape, as in lose the excess fat and add muscle instead of it, would he have have a chance against Bones?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Sage remember when I introduced you to MMA/UFC and you were like nooo wrestling is the shit. Good times.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UYc2sGK.gifv

poor DC.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do u guys think if D.C were to get in shape, as in lose the excess fat and add muscle instead of it, would he have have a chance against Bones?

No cause muscle needs more oxygen and he will gas out even quicker but perhaps he could hit harder? I dont know the mechanics behind a puncher's power output but I do believe DC at heavyweight without draining himself in his prime could edge out a decision against jones.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No cause muscle needs more oxygen and he will gas out even quicker but perhaps he could hit harder? I dont know the mechanics behind a puncher's power output but I do believe DC at heavyweight without draining himself in his prime could edge out a decision against jones.

Problem with DC against Jones isn't weight, rather the specific skill set + range.. Even at HW he would struggle IMO.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Problem with DC against Jones isn't weight, rather the specific skill set + range.. Even at HW he would struggle IMO.

don't you think it's mental?

Gus and Jones remind a lot of each other. Creative stand up, tall with long reach, good wrestlers. But DC looked like a completely different fighter in the Gus fight than against Jones (both times).

---

Btw, Jones vs Gus is probably going to be the next fight. Brock is going to have to wait for at least 6 months in the USADA testing pool. So he'll probably do steroids for 6 more months and we'll see the fight next summer :D

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
don't you think it's mental?

Gus and Jones remind a lot of each other. Creative stand up, tall with long reach, good wrestlers. But DC looked like a completely different fighter in the Gus fight than against Jones (both times).

---

Btw, Jones vs Gus is probably going to be the next fight. Brock is going to have to wait for at least 6 months in the USADA testing pool. So he'll probably do steroids for 6 more months and we'll see the fight next summer :D

Definitely mental as well. Gus's stand up utilize his length more rather than angles with Jones. Gus is nowhere near as good as a wrestler as Jones either.

I would say DC has a really good mental game from being a wrestler already, rather he just feel like he cannot beat Jones. Gus mentally is probably the weakest out of all 3 and would probably lose to Jones again, just my opinion.