Sebastiano Rossi

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to stick this, so it'll go here.

ROSSI GOES BACK TO MILAN

Former AC Milan goalkeeper Sebastiano Rossi will rejoin the club as a goalkeeping coach this summer.

Rossi played for the Rossoneri between 1990 and 2001, winning five Scudettos, before joining Perugia and retiring in 2003.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport: "We will have a new coach for our goalkeepers next season as Sebastiano Rossi will join the staff."

[Sky Sports]

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
what are his previous credentials?

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So I wonder if William Vecchi will still be staying on as well or if Rossi is taking over his role?

Good to see, though I thoguht Rossi left Milan a bit sour, I guess if that was true enough time has passed.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
what are his previous credentials?
You mean as goalie coach? Or as Milan keeper?

If you are referring to the 2nd question, then BMW Taylor's post should answer it. Additional achievements :
- 900+ minutes without conceding a goal, breaking Dino Zoff's record.
- least conceded goal that I can recall in one season : 15 goals in season 93/94, the lowest in the league since season 92/93 (at least) until now.

But it is always debatable whether he can achieve all those feats without the back four of Tassotti/Panucci, Costacurta, Baresi, Maldini playing in front of him. And if I'm not mistaken he was never called to the Italian national team.

Let's welcome him anyway.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Well done Mate!

I reckon he will do a good job.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
welcome back rossi again.another true legend. :star:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
dats rly awesome, welcome back Rossi. Bring Dida back to his best :D

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Rossi is a good GK + I think he can become a good GK coach !

But i doubt his morality !

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yuchen Fish said:
Rossi is a good GK + I think he can become a good GK coach !

But i doubt his morality !
His morality? What, does he eat babies in his spare time or something?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
You mean as goalie coach? Or as Milan keeper?

If you are referring to the 2nd question, then BMW Taylor's post should answer it. Additional achievements :
- least conceded goal that I can recall in one season : 15 goals in season 93/94, the lowest in the league since season 92/93 (at least) until now.

But it is always debatable whether he can achieve all those feats without the back four of Tassotti/Panucci, Costacurta, Baresi, Maldini playing in front of him. And if I'm not mistaken he was never called to the Italian national team.

Let's welcome him anyway.
i meant the first question...

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
gaizka22 said:
:
Yes, they are 923 minutes ( In fact, it is more than 923 minutes, because every game is 90 minutes + a little add time ).

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastiano_Rossi

This web-page is Italian, but we can find the exactly information of Rossi's record

BMWTaylor said:
His morality? What, does he eat babies in his spare time or something?
No, sorry but i don't know i should use which term, i just mean when he plays as a GK in Milan, he always wants to fight or attack Milan's oppotent's striker.

Like 1998/99, he hit a Perugia's striker so he get a red card and give Perugia a PK. But fortunately, Abbiati saved that PK.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Yuchen Fish said:
No, sorry but i don't know i should use which term, i just mean when he plays as a GK in Milan, he always wants to fight or attack Milan's oppotent's striker.

Like 1998/99, he hit a Perugia's striker so he get a red card and give Perugia a PK. But fortunately, Abbiati saved that PK.

I know you will use this incident to back your post. But you have to remember that before this incident his reputation was spotless. He was NEVER known to be rough. Compare to the likes of Fabian Barthez or Chilavert, he's an angel.

And I can see his frustration in 98/99 season, he was the 2nd choice behind Jens Lehmann (who performed very very poorly) and only got little playing time.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Naraku said:
So I wonder if William Vecchi will still be staying on as well or if Rossi is taking over his role?

Good to see, though I thoguht Rossi left Milan a bit sour, I guess if that was true enough time has passed.
Me too, I thought he was on bad terms with the board :conf:

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
And if I'm not mistaken he was never called to the Italian national team.

I think he was the vice to Peruzzi for some qualifying matches, but never in a major event

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Naraku said:
It looks as if Rossi will be taking over his post. The reason why, I have no idea...

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
It looks as if Rossi will be taking over his post. The reason why, I have no idea...

Milan has the odd tradition of keeping players who have done great service in the inner circle of the clubs and give them something to do to extend their service. Leonardo (VP), Baresi (scout and youth), Massaro (dunno what he's doing but always appear during Milan Foundation events) are some examples. And of course Tasotti and Ancelotti.

So I'm not too surprised with Rossi's appointment as new GK coach. And I bet they will offer the same office roles to Costacurta and Sheva once they retired.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
Milan has the odd tradition of keeping players who have done great service in the inner circle of the clubs and give them something to do to extend their service. Leonardo (VP), Baresi (scout and youth), Massaro (dunno what he's doing but always appear during Milan Foundation events) are some examples. And of course Tasotti and Ancelotti.

So I'm not too surprised with Rossi's appointment as new GK coach. And I bet they will offer the same office roles to Costacurta and Sheva once they retired.
you forgot Maldini... both of them... Cesare & Paolo...

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
you forgot Maldini... both of them... Cesare & Paolo...

I know someone will say that. Cesare became coach in 00/01 (right? for how many months?) just like Niels Liedholm in late 70s but I don't think Paolo will ever join Milan office. He's too classy for that and he already has his son to continue the legacy. Joining Milan IMO will only tarnish his legacy, I prefer him to leave just like Baggio and resurfaced some 10 years later to guide Milan or Italy to glory (just like MvBasten).

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
I know someone will say that. Cesare became coach in 00/01 (right? for how many months?) just like Niels Liedholm in late 70s but I don't think Paolo will ever join Milan office. He's too classy for that and he already has his son to continue the legacy. Joining Milan IMO will only tarnish his legacy, I prefer him to leave just like Baggio and resurfaced some 10 years later to guide Milan or Italy to glory (just like MvBasten).
Cesare was also a scout for Milan... Paolo would most likely take up a similar post like a scout or youth coach or somethin' in that order...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Cesare was also a scout for Milan... Paolo would most likely take up a similar post like a scout or youth coach or somethin' in that order...
Paolo has made it clear on countless occasions that he has no desire to coach.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Paolo has made it clear on countless occasions that he has no desire to coach.

So did Van Basten when he retired but he changed his mind....

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
So did Van Basten when he retired but he changed his mind....
Totally different circumstances. MVB was forced into early retirement due to his injury + simply couldn't or didn't want to deal with anything 'football' for quite a while until he was ready to come back to kind of complete or finish what must have seemed like an unfinished project.., Paolo has a lot going on already with his Sweet Years clothing line + doesn't he own a night club ? Club Hollywood ? Forgot... maybe s.o. from Milan can confirm or correct... He said himself he's more into the biz side IIRC + frankly, I can't see him grow grey hair over all the crap a coach has to deal with. Nah, he won't change his mind.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Totally different circumstances. MVB was forced into early retirement due to his injury + simply couldn't or didn't want to deal with anything 'football' for quite a while until he was ready to come back to kind of complete or finish what must have seemed like an unfinished project.., Paolo has a lot going on already with his Sweet Years clothing line + doesn't he own a night club ? Club Hollywood ? Forgot... maybe s.o. from Milan can confirm or correct... He said himself he's more into the biz side IIRC + frankly, I can't see him grow grey hair over all the crap a coach has to deal with. Nah, he won't change his mind.

Totally agree with you. Van Basten went into temporary hiding in Monaco to avoid the press with his wife Lisbeth. He spent his days playing golf (he was so good at it, he even considered turning into pro). But what really changed his mind was his first ever game after retirement, the 100th year anniversarry of KNVB (Dutch FA) in 00 or 01. He played for less than 15 minutes (hit the bar once) but the game really rekindled his passion for soccer and brought him back to the spotlight. Soon afterwards, he took up the Ajax youth coach (Ibrahimovic coach) and we know the rest.

Maldini, he fulfilled his playing career to the max (some even say longer than he should've been). What more can he ask for?

IIRC biz side? Yes, I heard about it. In his interview in Four Four Two magazine in 2000, he was thinking about venturing to that kind of business since he's so fascinated with multimedia.

balladlover

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all ACM players + Torres & Gallas
welcome back anyway, hope he keep the keeper in shape, maybe Buffon too if he is coming over

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB

BoredGame

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM
rossi, pls help dida find his form and fiori to retire

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
On this day 21 years ago, Sebastiano Rossi set a Serie A record, going 929 minutes without conceding a single goal! ‪#‎weareacmilan‬
10313567_10152650067911937_2778159114186114722_n.jpg

Schedule