Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Far from it, that's a lot of money for a unproven guy. No doubt he has talents, but that's a lot to live up to.

Hope he comes good, it will be good to have a star outfield player again.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
38m+2m bonuses

1.9m/yr + bonuses, 5 yr contract

Very good deal. Even if he doesn't explode, we won't lose much money.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Far from it, that's a lot of money for a unproven guy. No doubt he has talents, but that's a lot to live up to.

No that's not a lot of money, welcome to 2017. It's perfect like he said. It's almost nothing for a talent of his calibre, he played in CL and also for Portugal so how exactly is he unproven? Just because he did not play in mighty Serie A? A 5 year deal worth 1.9m per annum? If that isn't some great business then I dont know nothing.

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
From what i have seen on youtube he looks verly selfless for a striker. Reminds me a little of Benz.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
No that's not a lot of money, welcome to 2017. It's perfect like he said. It's almost nothing for a talent of his calibre, he played in CL and also for Portugal so how exactly is he unproven? Just because he did not play in mighty Serie A? A 5 year deal worth 1.9m per annum? If that isn't some great business then I dont know nothing.

40m is almost nothing? Same fee as for Alexis and Dybala or Higuain to Napoli

I'm very happy with the transfer, but I wouldn't call it great business, as it's not a steal... it's usual stuff. We just need to be happy that we can afford it now.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
not gonna lie, had a slight tingle in my asshole when seeing him with da milan shirt.
that being said, kinda sounds like a mongoloid when he speaks lol.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Hope he comes good, it will be good to have a star outfield player again.

Mate, you ever satisfied?

Thats the going rate these days. If we wanna compete with the big guys we gotta take a punt once in a while.

And he is not completely unproven

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
out of the signings we've made so far this is the only one that made my friends text me to express shock (things like "holy shit milan might actually be back; 38m for this kid is amazing")

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
What to expect from Andre Silva

Milan today confirmed the €38m signing of Porto striker Andre Silva, so Football Italia takes a look at what to expect from the new man.

Words: Federico Manasse

By now, most Serie A aficionados will have familiarized themselves with the idea of a renewed and ambitious Milan.

Spearheaded by Massimiliano Mirabelli and Marco Fassone, the Rossoneri have initiated what appears to be a serious and competitive project, with the aim of reorganising a team that currently lacks in the necessary quality to compete internationally. The early signings of Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessié and Ricardo Rodriguez are testament this willingness to reform. And if these three weren’t enough, a fourth signing has now been made official – 21-year-old André Silva, arriving from FC Porto for a fee of €38m plus bonuses.

A lot has been said about the young centre-forward, but truth is that most Milanisti will not be entirely familiar with Silva.

The Portuguese wonderkid was initially spoken of as a mere backup plan for the Rossoneri. Nonetheless, considering the palpable limitations of the Andrea Belotti, Alvaro Morata and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deals, Silva increasingly attracted Milan’s interest. The Fassone-Mirabelli tandem carried out the transfer immaculately, swiftly and with almost total transparency. Initiating the talks with agent Jorge Mendes in Cardiff, on occasion of the Champions League final, the duo silently finalised the deal in just eight days, with Silva completing his medicals on June 12.

Structurally speaking, the player is to some extent comparable to other forwards considered by the Rossoneri, such as Belotti or Diego Costa, in that his game also relies heavily on his roughness and drive, physical as much as mental.

Moreover, despite the young age, Silva has already gained Champions League experience with Porto this season and has impressed both domestically and internationally, with club and country. For Portugal, Silva has gradually imposed himself as the country’s starting striker, sheltered under the protective wing of Cristiano Ronaldo. As declared by the player himself on numerous occasions, Cristiano is his role model – this kind of information is not to be dismissed too lightly, given that a mentor like Cristiano will be a positive influence on the youngster.

The player’s main qualities are his opportunism, ‘roughness’ and composure in front of goal – ultimately he’s comparable to the aforementioned Belotti. Clearly though, as opposed to the Torino man, he lacks in Serie A experience and doesn’t speak Italian. It must be considered that problems of this sort, of ‘social nature’, have proven to be a limitation for many foreign players – see Inter’s Gabriel Barbosa, for example.

On a purely technical level though, Portuguese football analyst Tiago Estevao has listed the following as Silva’s most notable traits: “solid all-round striker, a good finisher, with good positional awareness, ability to connect well with midfield and enjoys chasing defenders”. These characteristics seem to match the archetype of the striker which best fits to Montella’s style of play, a striker whom is not only devoted to scoring goals - like Carlos Bacca - but also to interacting with the team. Silva is what can be deemed as a ‘rough’ striker, one who provides a constant nuisance for defenders, by means of tireless pressing and aggressiveness.

The numbers appear to confirm Silva’s ability to combine with his teammates, considering the player’s impressive eight assists in 2016-17. Numbers also seem to speak for themselves when it comes to Silva’s composure in front of goal, with 26 overall goals between club and country this season. Silva’s 16 league goals were scored at a rate of one goal every two games – the numbers speak for themselves. These stats are even more impressive when considering that Silva was often employed as a winger and/or ‘second striker’, as opposed to his natural role of centre-forward.

When it comes to Silva’s weaknesses, or areas to improve, Tiago suggests that Silva “isn’t particularly impressive physically nor is he outstandingly quick”. However, he also confirms that Silva is “solid all-round and doesn't tend to cave in big matches”. In other words, Silva doesn’t, seemingly, have any distinguishable weakness, if not for his inevitable lack of experience. Good news for the Rossoneri.

On paper, it seems like Silva has everything he needs to play a relevant role in what is to be a make-or-break season for Milan: he’s young, talented, an all-rounder and apparently fitting to Montella’s notion of the game. As always with youngsters, a significant part will be played by the player’s ability to adapt and the aid he receives from the staff and from his colleagues. Under this aspect, Silva is lucky enough to join a team that is expected to be completed relatively soon (as testified by the numerous early signings). If Fassone and Mirabelli accomplish their mission, the 21-year-old will surely find it easier to adapt and become accustomed with his new team.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Andre Miguel Valente da Silva

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Article posted above is a great read :thumbsup:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this showed a lot of guts on his part. unlike musacchio and rodriguez, he probably had many other offers. he could have gone to an established CL side. he's come here to lead the team, to be the main man, to take a glorious club back to glory.

respect, wish you all the best.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DCJj541XYAEuLqV.jpg

Very happy with this new challenge, it's a honor to dress the @acmilan shirt!

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
A lot of teams were interested and he chose us + he looks genuinely happy to be here. kinda excited about this signing

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
this has the feeling of a star-signing

Very excited!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
this showed a lot of guts on his part. unlike musacchio and rodriguez, he probably had many other offers. he could have gone to an established CL side. he's come here to lead the team, to be the main man, to take a glorious club back to glory.

respect, wish you all the best.

didn't rodriguez say he wanted to come here
wasn't musacchio deal year+ in the making

unnecessary shade

as if the beautiful boy andre silva didn't go where jorge mendes advised him

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
There is always going to be some risk with signing young players, but I'm very excited about this signing.

I also love that we are making all these signings so early. It's great that all of the new guys will get a full preseason with the rest of the team

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
out of the signings we've made so far this is the only one that made my friends text me to express shock (things like "holy shit milan might actually be back; 38m for this kid is amazing")

Whooaaa you got new color, congrats!

Welcome Andre Silva!

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
i love this kid. his attitude towards milan and our fans is sublime. I wish him well. good luck beast.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Welcome.....All the best Andre Silva!! Pls score tons and create tons!!

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
There is always going to be some risk with signing young players, but I'm very excited about this signing.

I also love that we are making all these signings so early. It's great that all of the new guys will get a full preseason with the rest of the team

I couldn't agree more with you. it is important to have a complete squad as much as possible for the start of the season.
I expect that we will complete most of our transfers by the end of the month.
and then from next month prepare for a lot of departures...