Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i decided to just use the same picks for my confidence pool as my bracket pool....fuck it..maybe i should have diversified..but if i win i winn bigggggggggggg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i just am not sure i think Cavs in year 1 w/ kyrie's defense, Love's defense.. even JR smiths defense v. ball movement of GSW or Spurs.

The way both teams move ball will have Kyrie and Love LOST. Kyrie can't guard Steph at all, and team defense isn't good enough. So maybe they put LBJ on him but then Kyrie will be murderd elsewhere. Same holds w/ Spurs but change name to parker.

They'll dissect those youngins on rotations.

Counter point: Mozgov does help erase a lot of mistakes at rim, Kyrie/Love can score w/ best of them and Lebron is the manbearpig.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Horford's little brother is the #1 reason to root for the Hawks:

4312672_o.gif

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Goddamn Knicks cost us the 2 seed.

I'm not confident at all playing Clips in first round, it's 50/50 at best. Clippers must be ididots if they don't play like their lives depend on this series.

The rest of first round seems to be set in stone, GSW, MEM and HOU must win easily, even though Mavs could pull an upset.

East must end with maybe only one upset, Wizards beating Raps.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Wrote this on a Warriors blog i'm a writer for. My pick in series:

Warriors in 5. To be frank, the Warriors should be able to sweep New Orleans but I have too much respect for Anthony Davis. Over 4 games he’s bound to have one 40 point, 20 rebound, 8 block type monster game. He’s a match up nightmare for the entire league and while the Pelicans don’t always use him to the most of his capabilities, odds are at least one game they will. Sweeps are difficult and a fan base making it’s first playoff appearance in a post-Chris Paul era will be heard. I have no doubt the Warriors win this series convincingly, but I imagine the Pelicans will get one at home and Anthony Davis will mark his arrival on the national stage.

By the way, for what it's worth thought GSW played like shit.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Without Tyreke little that NOP could have done.

meanwhile Johnson shooting Brooklyn out of game 1. damnit Joe

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
well Spurs getting raped. We look so out of shape it's ridiculous. Nobody seems to give a shit, first round exit.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
spurs offense couldnt get anything going.
they've never repeated. doesnt look like it will happen this year.

clips in 5

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
That Clippers bench is DISGUSTING.

Gonna cost them eventually

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If blake will play 43 min and like last game who cares about the bench. Jamal and Hawes and maybe baby can handle some little minutes. In regular season bench is crucial, but I d rather have great starting lineup that great depth in playoffs especially if ur core is young.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
If blake will play 43 min and like last game who cares about the bench. Jamal and Hawes and maybe baby can handle some people little minutes. In regular season bench is crucial, but I d rather have great starting lineup that great depth in playoffs especially if ur core is young.

you'r kidding if you think they can play at this level for 40+ mins a game all playoffs and you're kidding if you think they got a great starting 5.

Defensively they are so suspect. 1 good game doesn't change that.

Hawes is gross. DId you not notice minute they went to bench spurs went on 10-0 run. Doc had to immediately bring starters back.

Final point, i'll say this. Cp3 is amazing, but if you're expecting 32 points, 65%, 60% from 3s etc. while playing amazing D to win.... it wont happen
-

I hope they do knock the spurs off tho, GSW can take them in 5-6 games, but likely would lose to SAS

Last edited:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I m kidding if I say that clippers have a great starting 5?
We ll see how long they can play 40+ min a game at this lvl..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I m kidding if I say that clippers have a great starting 5?
We ll see how long they can play 40+ min a game at this lvl..

their starting 5 has some real holes pop will eventually exploit. I mean defensively. Offensively it's among the best in NBA.

Although if Parker injury is serious, maybe not... really hurts their ability to control pace/flow

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Their defense improved big time since the asb, it was top ten I think and have finished the season just above league average. Even with that bad start. Meanwhile their offense has been the best in the league for 2nd straight season. With that disgusting bench.... That's a great starting five.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Their defense improved big time since the asb, it was top ten I think and have finished the season just above league average. Even with that bad start. Meanwhile their offense has been the best in the league for 2nd straight season. With that disgusting bench.... That's a great starting five.

if there's one thing i do think matters is home court....

while spurs are excellent on road, they are significantly better at home . Specifcally role players. They have a great crowd and edge there,

"The Spurs are 2nd in home 3pt shooting percentage, 19th in road percentage -- tied with the Timberwolves"

-

Personally I hope clippers win. I want GSw v. LAC. I do not want SAS.

Personally, I'm saying it goes 7 eitherway

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That's true, It really does matter and for clippers who are, also, much better at home than on the road. With almost the same disparity as spurs. I am just pissed that every preview I read and everyone I spoke to had the clips out in 6 so I m very eager to defend them. I hope they will win the series so I can gloat a little. But that series is far from over.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
That's true, It really does matter and for clippers who are, also, much better at home than on the road. With almost the same disparity as spurs. I am just pissed that every preview I read and everyone I spoke to had the clips out in 6 so I m very eager to defend them. I hope they will win the series so I can gloat a little. But that series is far from over.

6 makes sense tho.

if spurs are gonna win, they need to take an early one in LA and close out at home in 6.

If it goes to 7 in LA, iunno it'll be tougher. Granted spurs are a team capable of winning in LA

-

Losing to spurs wouldn't even be a disappointment. What's a dissapointment is they meat in round 1 and east has 5.5 teams who are trash.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed with Lillard, he has been shit since he got snubbed for an all-star game. Lamarcus is playing with that fucked up finger and ankle or whatever but he is always delivering. I don't remember when I saw the last time Lillard had a good game. I know that no team could cope with injuries Portland had but dame sucks lately. Don't care how good grizzlies D is.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm really disappointed with Lillard, he has been shit since he got snubbed for an all-star game. Lamarcus is playing with that fucked up finger and ankle or whatever but he is always delivering. I don't remember when I saw the last time Lillard had a good game. I know that no team could cope with injuries Portland had but dame sucks lately. Don't care how good grizzlies D is.

Lillard's been fine since Wes went down. He did go thru a huge slump Mid-jan to march tho.

Aldridge is one of most overrated players in the league. Such a chucker. Mark my words, if someone actually gives him a Melo deal they'll regret it to death. It's like a Joe Johnson kiss of mediocrity. Yeah he's not bad but he's absolutely not good to clog your cap like that.

-

No way around it, Wes MAtthews injury sunk them. Best perimeter defender and shooter. Emotional leader of team

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
By the way, LOL on rondo... -25 in 27 minutes. What a bum.

If you watched game, Harden did not guard Rondo at all, and doubled elsewhere. They were awful w/ Rondo on the floor.

He'll be benched shortly if Dallas wants to win

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
By the way, LOL on rondo... -25 in 27 minutes. What a bum.

If you watched game, Harden did not guard Rondo at all, and doubled elsewhere. They were awful w/ Rondo on the floor.

He'll be benched shortly if Dallas wants to win
Aye he sucks, I knew all his problems but somehow I thought that Carlisle can make it work. I mean if he will drop the first off rtg to 6th while improving 25th defense to a top 15 than he s worth it, that was my logic when trade happened. But if Carlisle can't fit him, nobody can. I was wrong there, we all learn new things and change opinions as each season advances. I totally disagree on Lamarcus tough.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Aye he sucks, I knew all his problems but somehow I thought that Carlisle can make it work. I mean if he will drop the first off rtg to 6th while improving 25th defense to a top 15 than he s worth it, that was my logic when trade happened. But if Carlisle can't fit him, nobody can. I was wrong there, we all learn new things and change opinions as each season advances. I totally disagree on Lamarcus tough.

the problem is you assumed he's same player he was in 2012, who still had flaws but wasnt THIS big a liability.

Combo of not having 3 HOF'ers around him AND declining individually.

LMA is a significantly shittier version of Chris Webber because he can't pass. All he does is take 18 footers, makes them at an ok rate but it's not great. I'mn not saying he's bad but that kinda money when he's turning 30 for 4-5 years is how you end up like the knicks. It's a cost-value thing for me

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What's important to note is Drake will be 2 for 2 in his campaigns.

He campaigned for Lou Will to win 6th man. Did

Campaigned for Curry. Curry will win according to votes i've seen, pretty decent lead

BigMack

Primavera
Reaction score
Lillard's been fine since Wes went down. He did go thru a huge slump Mid-jan to march tho.

Aldridge is one of most overrated players in the league. Such a chucker. Mark my words, if someone actually gives him a Melo deal they'll regret it to death. It's like a Joe Johnson kiss of mediocrity. Yeah he's not bad but he's absolutely not good to clog your cap like that.

-

No way around it, Wes MAtthews injury sunk them. Best perimeter defender and shooter. Emotional leader of team

:lol::fp: The only power forward in the NBA that can say they're better than Aldridge is Anthony Davis.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Schedule