Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
just signed a tv deal wort 2.5 times last one w/ largest online media consumption of any major american sport and largest fan base under 35.

Their model is different. TV ratings are less relevant

It's fallen

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Brad stevens i need you to steal this game tonite
Pls bradley.....

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's fallen

statistically your claims are invalid regardless of TV ratings.

TV ratings down on every sport aside from NFL which is made for TV viewing.

$ has gone up.

-

But even if you're right, i could care less... i love basketball

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
:lol::fp: The only power forward in the NBA that can say they're better than Aldridge is Anthony Davis.

Blake Griffin says hi.

First round not as exciting as it seemed before it started. Most of series already look over.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
statistically your claims are invalid regardless of TV ratings.

TV ratings down on every sport aside from NFL which is made for TV viewing.

$ has gone up.

-

But even if you're right, i could care less... i love basketball

Basketball is not as popular as it was before. You love it. No one is arguing that.

And your claims of what is 'statistically valid' are tenuous at best

League is boring

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Brad stevens waiting to win at home

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That defense by Mavs. 6 consecutive dunks, all assisted by Smith.

Dirk is done. Dude single-handedly lost the game for Mavs, so sad to see him be the 6th or 7th best Mav on a playoff night.

Harden was not needed that much by Rockets, just like Curry wasn't last night.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
what a dumb statistic... as if that is only because of Rondo.

it was almost exclusively cause of rondo if you watched game.

They didnt; guard him period. 4 on 5 cause rondo sucks.

Being a non-threat to score yet wanting the ball is crippling

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rondo Truthers are hilarious. Act like he's been good since 2012 :lol:. He's NOT a starting PG

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...ajon-rondo-rides-pine-as-end-nears-for-dallas

After all, the Mavs have been outscored by 36 points during Rondo's 37 minutes on the floor this series. His plus-minus was negative-25 in 27 Game 1 minutes and negative-11 in Game 2. Scoffing at the small sample size? Well, Rondo also had the Mavs' worst plus-minus in the regular season.

For all his X's and O's brilliance, Carlisle hasn't been able to figure out a way to hide Rondo's biggest flaw -- his inability to force defenses to respect him as a perimeter-shooting threat. As a result, Rondo's presence on the floor screws up the spacing for the rest of the Mavs. And Rondo isn't a good enough defender at this point of his career to make up for the messes created by having him run the Mavs' offense.

He tail-spinned the #1 offense into a bottom 10 one when he's on the floor. Just like he did w/ boston. He just doesn't have Ray, Paul and KG to bail his ass out and con people into thinking he's the reason

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
JSmith + Howard :heart: Blake Griffin :heart:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
tumblr_nmluw68VPF1r4fk9jo1_250.gif
tumblr_nmluw68VPF1r4fk9jo2_250.gif

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Watched that game, he was hilarious 😂. Shoe tie phantom

lebron's got him playing a role he's ideal for (catch and shoot, defense, no dribbling)

But we'll see if he tolds. Trusting JR in high profile games in later rounds :eek:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He s not really that important imo, ideal situation for him now tough. He s great catch n shoot guy, athletic, talented but crazy... Thought that shumpert would bench him by now. Kyrie is fucking great, I bet this season raised ur opinion on him. This is winning bball now, no more Jamal comparisons. He really learned to play alongside LeBron and is being productive without ball hogging.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He s not really that important imo, ideal situation for him now tough. He s great catch n shoot guy, athletic, talented but crazy... Thought that shumpert would bench him by now. Kyrie is fucking great, I bet this season raised ur opinion on him. This is winning bball now, no more Jamal comparisons. He really learned to play alongside LeBron and is being productive without ball hogging.

MY opinion on kyrie hasn't changed.

He's one of my favs to watch. His individual skill level is unreal, and if you like watching basketball you can't dislike him. They were still 1-9 when kyrie played w/o LBJ.

He's not a PG tho. Lebron's their PG, Kyrie is doing what he does best, play a weakside scoring option. Which he thrives at. PERFECT role.

But ask him to lead a team like Curry, CP3, hell.. russ, Lillard and others... nah he's still just a guy who solos and involves no one.

That doesn't make him bad of course. He's an all-star. Just lets consider role.

-

On JR, i thought so too but i get it now. If JR is with Kyrie and LBJ he doesn't see ball except catch and shoots. If he's off bench he tries to take over.... kinda makes sense from blatt perspective. Plus they need the added shooter to shoot 3s from LBJ/Kyrie creation

Last edited:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Aye not a PG, but I love him. Super fun to watch. Curry, Cp3 those are pretty high standards, he is just 23 still, he might learn

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lillard? I d take kyrie any day, even over Russ, not to mention Lillard

Dame's a much better decision maker. Albiet 2 years older.

As for Russ.... look at OKC's run w/o KD this year and w/o Ibaka. Compare it to Kyrie w/o LEbron. Not a Q.

He's a monster talent who does his thing, but he cannot run a team. He just doesn't have to. LBJ does, and his job is to play off of it. Different responsibility

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That was cle before the trade when LeBron took vacation. Russ is filling up the stat sheet alright but his fg is way too low and all those insane games are than just good enough to win vs Philadelphia in OT... And he is going over the limits of what one player should try to do imo. Kyrie s better than Lillard, yeah he made couple of big shots vs hou last year but I think kyrie is much better.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol fuck me..my mavs pick was disaster :lol:
Handsome chandler out

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rondo out w/ fake "back injuries" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was cle before the trade when LeBron took vacation. Russ is filling up the stat sheet alright but his fg is way too low and all those insane games are than just good enough to win vs Philadelphia in OT... And he is going over the limits of what one player should try to do imo. Kyrie s better than Lillard, yeah he made couple of big shots vs hou last year but I think kyrie is much better.

He still has a monster effect on offense. Every advanced metric shows that.

He was playing w/ almost nothing towards end too.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rondo was a warrior and champion in Celtics, nvm him being overrated n stuff. Last night he became like Lance, JR Smith, Arenas and those kind of guys. He tainted his image, shame.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
it was almost exclusively cause of rondo if you watched game.

They didnt; guard him period. 4 on 5 cause rondo sucks.

Being a non-threat to score yet wanting the ball is crippling
Individual +/- was always bs to me. There are million reasons why a team doesnt play well. Dirk/Monta bad shooting, Dirk/Chandler bad defense, Parsons injury. and than someone comes and says 'there losing because of Rondo'. bullshit

But yea yesterday was crazy. First game he was pretty good imo.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
fuck you Deron!:cry:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Deron makes Rondo's fall look like a slight drop in form. Dude Can't make a goddamn shot.

Very annoying playoffs, Only satisfied with Pels and Washington till now. And Boston.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
there u go spurs!! my bracket still in this!!!! les go!

Schedule