Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
He's simply not a winger.

Was absolute crap yesterday. Either play him at LCM or don't play him at all...esp against strong teams.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
You guys talking again like position is the problem, same mistake as thinking formation is the problem...

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Formation isn't the problem. Tactical set up is.
Our team has played 433 for a while and everyone knows what to do while attacking or defending.

This season we are changing formations every other game and of course noone has a clue what's happening.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
As long as Jack and Suso are considered stars, this club will go nowhere

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

that goes when people consider romangoli a top defender :lol:

you guys are pathetic, jack had 3 injuries in less than 6 months, he was our top performer in the past 3 years, even messi and ronaldo sucked when returning back from injury, and you expect him to carry the team against napoli just returning from his 3rd injury?? you just want to Scapegoat him because this is what fake fans do.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Unsellable... but we shouldn't play him against top sides :lol:

RnB :proud:

sure we can sell him..if we get guaranteed better players....not for guys like hakan etc.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Very poor game, but should still be ahead of Hakan in the pecking order. The Turk has been beyond disappointing.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Jack has been the best/2nd best player in a midtable team, that is reality. At his best form he has shown that he may be good enough for a supersub role or borderline starter in a top 4 team, but his regular form would only be good enough for a utility/squad player role in a top side. His current form is that of a midtable player, which is due to his injury no doubt.

But we must acknowledge his limitations and stop expecting so much from him. He still has terrible decision making, holds the ball forever and has inconsistent final passes.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Jack has been the best/2nd best player in a midtable team, that is reality. At his best form he has shown that he may be good enough for a supersub role or borderline starter in a top 4 team, but his regular form would only be good enough for a utility/squad player role in a top side. His current form is that of a midtable player, which is due to his injury no doubt.

But we must acknowledge his limitations and stop expecting so much from him. He still has terrible decision making, holds the ball forever and has inconsistent final passes.

:star:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Unsellable... but we shouldn't play him against top sides :lol:

RnB :proud:

:lol:

:thumbsup: Glad someone else recognizes.

You guys talking again like position is the problem, same mistake as thinking formation is the problem...

:thumbsup: Truly, Bonaventura lacks quality.

:thumbsup: Exactly, beautifully put.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
montolivo is our best midfielderm stripping his captaincy and abates vice captaincy was the BIGGEST mistake and bonaventura is a fucking farce. milan imploded last season because niang, our only physical prescience lost his mind, not because bonaventura got inured. once deulofeu gained serie a experience, milan looked good again. milan are desperately missing niang. i wish bonaventura went to torino instead and we kept kucka + niang.

people in this forum who deny montolivo's class and bonaventura being the antithesis of possession football need to reconsider their football knowledge

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Actually, i think Bonaventura is good for possession football

an in form Jack can defend the ball against multiple opponents, and he can become very important against team that uses much pressing to regain the ball

the problem is that his skills are not enough to create chances to score

He should play in midfield and we need someone with more skilled and creative in attack

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes! The one man who was likeliest to bring the spark back.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"The coach gives you an incredible boost, we showed self-sacrifice. We are used to playing in a 4-3-3 as we played like this last season. Changing formation every week is not the great for the players, hopefully, from now we can play with one specific style of play. When I play up front I have to find the space and play deep close to the box. For a midfielder, it's important to score.

:thumbsup:

Shots fired at Montella?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I just saw Curupira's post above which is deeply embarrassing.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm glad he scored again but he still has to improve. He was dreadful off the ball in the first half but much better in the second. I think Gattuso had the right words for him at halftime. He also should not be to focused on scoring goals as he has to be solid also in the defense when playing midfield. Hope we see more of that as he regaines fitness.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
sadly he's sometimes maybe good sometimes maybe shit

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
getting into good position to score and dribbling is his best quality. creating chances though is a problem. suso too can score and get out of tight situations but has same problem in terms of creating chances although he can cross. This is what ruins our offensive game. our two best offensive players can't create chances for teammates.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I just saw Curupira's post above which is deeply embarrassing.

cannot agree more, though knowing him, hardly anything can embarrass such person, i guess that happens to him a lot on and off the internet.

Oh yeah, can that Curupira guy get a ban? Pretty please?

totally agree, not only he lacks any understanding of football and the fact that players needs time to adapt after serious set of injuries, he hardly post any useful post that worth reading, i'm so in for a ban, i would also add AC Kid

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cannot agree more, though knowing him, hardly anything can embarrass such person, i guess that happens to him a lot on and off the internet.

totally agree, not only he lacks any understanding of football and the fact that players needs time to adapt after serious set of injuries, he hardly post any useful post that worth reading, i'm so in for a ban, i would also add AC Kid

Curupira is a stand-up individual who has the wisdom to laugh off embarrassing remarks. This gentleman above though :fp:

Maybe we should start banning people for calling for bans, just like we ban posters for wishing injuries.

Schedule