The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
So simple, just win. I like this system.

The fuck was GP doing here?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
he will fail surely because suso will still play

mamba

Beginner
Reaction score
What are you people smoking? Elliott saved Milan from bankruptcy. It was confirmed by Gazidis himself a few months back. He said that the club was spending way more than the revenue and the deficits were 100+ m per year. It was a matter of time before we were sent to Serie D just like Parma a few years ago. They also got UEFA off our backs for some time by agreeing to drop EL. In the long run this will turn out to be a very good decision.

If they had just sold at a small profit Rocco would've been fucked to death by FFP and now we would have another senile 'Daddy' talking trash. He spent the outstanding 28 m on his first mercato. Wow... so jealous. I can't even imagine the meltdown here if Elliott did sell to him and he entered SS as the new messiah promising instant glory and then spent less than 30 m on mercato
Imagine sending us to Serie D and even changing the name of the club... Now THAT would leave a scar... But this move today is going all-in by Maldini and Boban. Its like ordering oysters in a restaurant in hope to find a pearl to pay the bill. We are seriously fucked if things don't work out.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
"What's your slogan? To win."

That's the most badass and assertive thing I've read in years within this club

What else could he have said?

The important is to play and participate. Not win

Something like that maybe?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
INDIVIDUALS Pioli:
Piątek is extremely effective in the box, he’s a goalscorer. A striker is often conditioned by the team’s play, he certainly has to be helped by the rest of the team. Paquetá is a complete attacking midfielder, both in quality and the quantity of what he produces. I often like to play about with the positions of my players on the pitch, so he could often play between the lines. Leão has a huge amount of potential which we have to make the most of. Suso is also a great player, he has to be put in the ideal conditions to express himself at his best, especially in one-on-ones.

Hate to be this guy but he is right. If he finds a way to free Suso from the 2 men that are always against him, he may revive. This will allow him to shoot from good situations (he is good at it) or deliver a good cross. Paqueta should be a must under any coach with a functioning brain. For 45 minutes against Genoa he had an assist, key pass for the penalty, a few other good passes and 2 Genoa players were booked because of him. If he receives the freedom to roam he may deliver very quickly.

Our team is good enough for top 4 quality wise. The issue is that everybody has been underperforming ever since GP arrived. We did not even see Suso's autumn. Last year after 7 games he had 1 goal and 6 assist. This is the main reason why we suck in offense - our most creative player is underperforming. We are like 6 goals behind compared to last season just because of that. That's like 4-5 points easily.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What else could he have said?

The important is to play and participate. Not win

Something like that maybe?

GP would've said "To play Suso.".

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"What's your slogan? To win."

That's the most badass and assertive thing I've read in years within this club

And yet hes a loosing coach who was fired for montella.

Funny thing is we will improve and be he will be credited just because giampaolo was the worst coach in europe

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
If he can translate his assertiveness to our players that would be fantastic. Our team hasn't been able to control games for over 3 years. Under montella and rino even relegation teams can go toe to toe against us

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If he can translate his assertiveness to our players that would be fantastic. Our team hasn't been able to control games for over 3 years. Under montella and rino even relegation teams can go toe to toe against us

Yeah, as a start I'd be happy if we can consistently pick up 3pts against teams we should definitely be stronger than. Sometimes we look on an equal level or worse these last few years as you've said as to how we press our game on the opposing team.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Stefano Pioli's coaching staff at Milan:

- Giacomo Murelli as assistant coach
- Roberto Peresutti and Matteo Osti as trainers
- Davide Lucarelli as technical trainer
- Gianmarco Pioli and Luciano Vulcano as match analysts

From Giampaolo's coaching staff, Stefano Turci (goalkeepers coach) and Daniele Bonera (technical coach) have remained [Sky]

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I adapt to my players. I have to improve them individually to make them grow even as a collective.

This is probably the best thing about Pioli. No more makeshift positions like Kebab as LCM or Suso as side-trequartista. I betcha he wont even play Conti as RB unless he has to. Based on comments about Piatek and Paqueta it's safe to say we'll play 4231.

I am extremely pessimistic like the rest of you. But for now there's nothing left to do but support the man and hope for the best.

Forza Stefano. Prove me and everyone wrong.

I'm thinking the same also based on his press conference. Suso seems confirmed on the right, Pioli apparently is a big fan, and he'll use him in the same way Gattuso did.

The big question is what to do with Paqueta (or Hakan). Play as a mezzala like Gattuso and Giampaolo, or move him up to trequartista? It seems like he was hinting at the latter. The problem here becomes the left wing, where I don't think Leao has the discipline to play on the left side of a 4411 block. Maybe i'm wrong. Rebic can do it, but I don't think Leao can.

What is the alternative? I guess to play a more fluid front 4 of Leao, Piatek, Paqueta and Suso, but once we drop back into a 4411 shape Paqueta will play on the left side, with Leao floating around and acting as the very quick outball. It's closer to a 442 I guess which Pioli has used before (but he's used pretty much every formation and system I can think of).

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Taking a jab at GP haha

EGb-2n0WoAIgeNp.jpg:large

Honestly I love everything he's said. I hope he has the assertiveness needed to drive this young group. He's an aggressive character which I like and most of all he realises what the objective is here TO WIN. To help with champagne and caviar football at this point we cannot afford it. I'm not saying all we need is grit but we need better ideas overall. He's not my first choice but I think he can get it done. FORZA MILAN!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Literally every coach that Suso has played for recognizes his quality....but R&B thinks he's shit so he must be shit :monto:

Play him correctly and he'll do well.
He also needs a gigantic boot up his ass to not continually fuck up the flow of play. We don't need a Messi-esuqe goal every time. Sometimes you could play the simple pass or the quick 1-2 and empower your teammates. That adds tremendous unpredictability to our attack

Regista

Beginner
Reaction score
wow, you actually posted something other than "Maldini only in this to promote his son's career"! Astonishing

You mad bro? because everyone is making fun of you here after you said you want Terim back. :lol:

I have more than 40 messages I only wrote about Maldini and his two or three times. So stop lying.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
All this talk means squat. It's still the same squad with the same weaknesses. Our midfield is still shit no matter what formation is used.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Literally every coach that Suso has played for recognizes his quality....but R&B thinks he's shit so he must be shit :monto:

He also needs a gigantic boot up his ass to not continually fuck up the flow of play. We don't need a Messi-esuqe goal every time. Sometimes you could play the simple pass or the quick 1-2 and empower your teammates. That adds tremendous unpredictability to our attack

He definitely can... just fix the lw with leao or rebic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MilanNews-First training with the group for Caldara

Mattia Caldara is finally back in the group. The central defender worked with his team-mates under the orders of Stefano Pioli and his staff. His program is to be ready by the end of October to start making the first official minutes of this season in November.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not that I completely changed my mind about Pioli. The numbers don't lie. He's been sacked wherever he's been basically. But the same thing could be said about Rino, who as a coach had only little to show besides being sacked by FC Sion in Switzerland, sacked by Palermo in Serie B, left, re-joined and left again OFI Crete and left, re-joined and left again Pisa in Serie B before being appointed as our youth coach. Yet a lot of fans wished him back or even never gone up to this day. Mainly because Rino had that «no bs» attitude.

Pioli from this presser seems very much alike. No bs. Keep things simple and winning through hard work. I like that and think that he will make our team play better than GP and even Gattuso. Other than GP – who always made the impression of someone who hasn't slept in weeks and gets bullied all the time – I actually believe Piolis words when he's saying such things like that he will make sure that the teams remains focused on and off the pitch from the first daylight until the last.

That said I still remain very sceptical towards the decision of hiring Pioli. But I can partly understand why he was chosen as a leader in a situation where the team seemed like falling apart and in a deep confused state of soul. However our management is one of the highest paid in whole Europe. It puts me off seeing us passing on a much better suited option like Spalletti because of a few millions when in the same time those who take such decisions are earning royaly.

As you can see, I have very mixed feelings. On one side there is the hope and my impression of Pioli being a serious persona who brings the much needed charisma and leadership to a young team desperately seeking for it. On the other side there's that feeling that with Spalletti we would have gotten the same but on top of that a trackrecord of someone knowing how to achieve CL and being able to handle the pressure of a place like Milan – and we refused 'cause of a couple of millions our royaly paid managers didn't want to spend extra. Therefore if things were going to go further downhill I won't critisize Pioli too much but mainly our management who is the one in control and in charge.

No excuses at this point anymore. Every error of Pioli is indirectly the error of the management.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
What are you people smoking? Elliott saved Milan from bankruptcy. It was confirmed by Gazidis himself a few months back. He said that the club was spending way more than the revenue and the deficits were 100+ m per year. It was a matter of time before we were sent to Serie D just like Parma a few years ago. They also got UEFA off our backs for some time by agreeing to drop EL. In the long run this will turn out to be a very good decision.

If they had just sold at a small profit Rocco would've been fucked to death by FFP and now we would have another senile 'Daddy' talking trash. He spent the outstanding 28 m on his first mercato. Wow... so jealous. I can't even imagine the meltdown here if Elliott did sell to him and he entered SS as the new messiah promising instant glory and then spent less than 30 m on mercato :lol:

but people choose to completely overlook this and think its ok to just spend (not their money)out of the mess
the revenue is still stuck in the year 2003

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I'm thinking the same also based on his press conference. Suso seems confirmed on the right, Pioli apparently is a big fan, and he'll use him in the same way Gattuso did.

The big question is what to do with Paqueta (or Hakan). Play as a mezzala like Gattuso and Giampaolo, or move him up to trequartista? It seems like he was hinting at the latter. The problem here becomes the left wing, where I don't think Leao has the discipline to play on the left side of a 4411 block. Maybe i'm wrong. Rebic can do it, but I don't think Leao can.

What is the alternative? I guess to play a more fluid front 4 of Leao, Piatek, Paqueta and Suso, but once we drop back into a 4411 shape Paqueta will play on the left side, with Leao floating around and acting as the very quick outball. It's closer to a 442 I guess which Pioli has used before (but he's used pretty much every formation and system I can think of).

I agree with you re Leao's lack of defensive coverage/awareness. Not to mention Suso's lack of defensive coverage as well. In a 4231 we can probably only get by with one of them at a time on a flank.

I think we can play a 433/442 hybrid with Leao starting as the nominal LW and Paqueta as the LCM. Then when defending, Paqueta can defend the flank in a 442 block as you mentioned if the press is beaten.

The 4231 shape could be an in game adjustment with the same players if we feel like we need to attack in a different way as it pushes the attackers closer to goal between the lines and free's up the flank for the fullbacks to push forward.

One thing I'd really like to see from Pioli is him freeing up our fullbacks to get forward, and have higher and wider positions in the buildup. A quick switch to a fullback in space on the opposite flank always helps so much to relieve pressure when being pressed. That plus being able to have a better chance of creating 2v1 situations on a flank leading to a better chance of creating opportunities to score. These are the types of simple things you can do to create chances when you lack some creativity and the technical ability to play quickly through the middle.

Keep the opposition working from side to side and you outwork them as well. We have the youth to be able to pull off a hardworking style.

That plus reducing the attacking influence of Kessie and having him in a more disciplined role nearer to the other central midfielder. Let them be the foundation for the better attacking players to flourish.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Maybe we can use 5-5-3 sistem...14 in the field fuck it. Maybe Hakan would kick ass

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso turned down the Sampdoria job. He keeps thinking some big club is going to come offering him their coaching job lol. Hasn't realized that type of club is his ceiling as a coach.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

like teams where are available better options ... spain nt, lpool...
genoa, milan ... where honda, birsa, samuel level players are his competition for rw spot.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Maybe we can use 5-5-3 sistem...14 in the field fuck it. Maybe Hakan would kick ass

Put snipers on the roof of the stadium to shoot tranquilizer darts at the other team

Status
Not open for further replies.