Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

"If you think we are inferior to them, YOU ARE WRONG!
They are the ones who have everything to loose!
We have come to this place to get the three points, to play for it!
Because we deserve it! Because we have to go for the 2nd place this evening!
Remember that we are the more glorious club, more victorious club than they are!
LET'S GO!"

Man give him the captain armband on a permanent base :proud:

Holy shit, my respect grew for him by 100x

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Remember that we are the more glorious club, more victorious club than they are!
LET'S GO!"

such a beast

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

LET'S GO!"

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::star::star::star:

this is MILAN dna!! win win win win win......
trophies trophies trophies.......

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
refreshing to see, last thing I remember monty doing was begging the fans for forgiveness

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

LET'S GO!"

Daamn abate :love::love:

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
he deserves respect for this.

not many milan players have that "milan drive" in them and the "respect" for the shirt that are wearing.

just for this, he deserves the captain's armband.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso

LET'S GO!"

:eek:
what a pep talk :star::star::star:

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

LET'S GO!"

My word this oozed passion and the will to win. It even made me walk more upright in the street as I watched it.. Carry on my captain.. FORZA MILAN

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Daaamn Abate becoming more and more a capitano da Milan ⭐⭐️:

ABATE: "SAN SIRO HAS TO BECOME OUR FORTRESS"

AC Milan's defender was this Wednesday night's guest at the TV studios of the Red and Black official channel

A special episode of the Milan TV show Coffee Break aired this Wednesday night with special guest Ignazio Abate and the Supercoppa di Lega won in Doha. The current AC Milan captain opened up during the show and these were his words.

THE PAST
"I will always be grateful to Leonardo. He was the first to field me as right wing back. He always believed in me. I also want to thank coach Mihajlovic, because we owe the win in the Supercup final also to him. I wish him all the best. He is a great person who gave a lot to this group, and he was really a positive influence, especially on a personal level".

CAPTAINS
"When we were waiting to receive the medal I immediately thought of giving the captain's armband to Montolivo. We've been through tough periods together, now it's time to celebrate together. When things are not going well it's normal to blame the more experienced players".

THE MATCH AGAINST JUVE
"Before the Supercup match I reminded my teammates of the Coppa Italia final. We deserved to win, managing to level the game after they took the lead".

THE TWO SUPERCUPS
"They are different one from the other: the first one arrived with a team which was built to win, with so many great players; while this Supercup, we won it against the odds and this win tastes even sweeter".

THE GROUP
"Bonaventura is without any doubt one of the leaders of the group. But more importantly, throughout the season this group has become stronger. It's made up of young talents and lots of Italian players and I was really surprised with how humble they all are, but we mustn't put too much pressure on our youngsters and I think coach Montella is the right person to prevent this from happening. He knows how to handle the pressure on them. Suso? I think no-one was expecting such a player. More power to him, because since he has come back from his loan period with Genoa he has become a really important player for us. Still, he has to keep working, like everyone else. Compliments please us all, but we must keep showing our qualities".

THE LEAGUE IS BACK AFTER THE BREAK
"We must remember our celebrations after the match in Doha as an incentive to continue to do well in the future. Now we must focus on the league. It's never easy after the break, it's always tricky, no matter who the opponents are. The clash against Napoli? We want to arrive at that meeting having taken home the three points against Cagliari".

TACTICS
"We are all playing a great season. Tactically, I have more freedom of movement, and this helps my offensive style of play. We always try to control the game and to keep the ball. I think this team is improving week after week".

THE TURNING POINT
"The match against Sassuolo where we were 3-1 down and we managed to turn it around and win it 4-3. Our objective is to find continuity, especially psychologically".

FAMILY
"I've been lucky to have a great relationship with my father. He never pushed me to become a footballer. He has always been very respectful and I've always been free to make my choices".

DEBUT
"Rivaldo had left and Mr. Galliani decided to bring me into the first team. A few days later I made my debut in a Coppa Italia match, in Genoa. I remember how fantastic that group was and I am proud I was part of it".

MILAN DNA
"Our history teaches us how to play important matches, and we must play them for our history. Let's say this is part of our DNA. That's what I told the team before the match against Roma: «We are AC Milan and we are here to win»".

THIS SEASON'S OBJECTIVE
"We want to make it back into Europe. I think these two months and a half will tell us what we can achieve this year".

DONNARUMMA
"He's doing really well and I have no doubts about his future, also because Gigio wants only to wear AC Milan's red and black shirt".

MONTELLA
"He has a very balanced character. He never gives up, he's clear headed and thinks positively. He is the ideal manager to keep us improving".

THE FANS
"They are helping us a lot. San Siro has to become our fortress and this is why I'm asking the fans to back us at the stadium".

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If he we has not sustained a serious injury from that challenge he is very lucky. It was a disgraceful follow through and should have been a straight red card.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I havent seen Abate doing this! GRANDE! :star:

Someone who has played in Big MIlan and knows things. Aldough sometimes plays like complete shit... Good games lately though...

Its important players know what MILAN is. The biggest club in Italy.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good to see he is not seriously hurt.

And he has stepped it up since becoming a captian. :star:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
He's been really good this season.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Fantastic game! Our biggest threat against Napoli.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
It is his lack of composure in front of goal which infuriates me. He did a great play to get to the by-line and cross the ball into the middle. Had he actually played with some composure he had time to find Bacca.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some good balls in, especially the one where he played it behind the defense after the ball nearly got out, could have been a goal if a striker or midfielder stayed deep.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
This guy is AIDS. The day he's out of my Milan will be a legendary day. How he's played so much for Milan is beyond comprehension. Please god let the end of this guy in Milan colours be close.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abate suffers eye injury

Milan captain Ignazio Abate will be assessed today after suffering an eye injury against Sassuolo.

The 30-year-old was taken to hospital in Reggio Emilia after the game after having suffered a blow to his left eye during the match.

As he left the medical facility, his eye was said to be visibly swollen and bloodshot.

Reports say he suffered a haematoma, but was able to return to Milan, where he will be subject to further tests today.

Watching those Sassuolo cunts protest when he was hurt, smh.

One thing though, Abate was outran by Politano numerous times. Before, the one thing I could count on Abate for was his pace. He would outrun attackers to make up for his mistakes. This season, it seems like he's beaten a lot, which shows the beginning of his decline. I don't mind him staying as a back up but we should look to upgrade this position asap.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
these last 3 games he's been quite good, but the 5 or so games before that he was below average....Still a better captain than Montolivo though

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i like ignazio

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
i like ignazio

Me too.. It's irrational i admit but still i'd like him to stay.

he's been here through it all. The (backend) of the highs, the departure of the senatori, the lows, the takeover and the upcoming revival..

It's cool to have at least one constant factor in the form of a player

Schedule