The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
it doesnt work like that in every club(i.e. arsenal, man utd etc)

if it was his responibility though, thats a weak ass answer.

In Italian clubs, it's always the sporting director asking the manager for his inputs and then making the final call. We don't have Fergie like powerful managers in Serie A who makes the call from start to finish.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Sporting director is a must at this point, his job isn’t only buying/selling players but it extends to different tasks to handle the whole sporting environment in the club. He reacted very slow in crisis, both F&M looked so weak and helpless since oct/nov/dec called in a retreat and then backed out.

He’s not the political type of a person and this will cost milan if they decide to keep working with him, he’s got no influence on Italian football and we all know that if you don’t put politics before football in serie a then you’re a Verona level of team, you don’t matter.

As a fan I had different expectations from the current management; fassone has proven to be the type of person who will tell you everything you wanna hear but he can’t deliver. First he was dead sure we will strike a deal with UEFA for Ffp and we didn’t. Promised to refinance elliot which he brought to the Chinese and then he didn’t do it, hired highbridgd as financial advisor to find an alternative lender 6 weeks ago and said it’ll take two and then we are still looking. Believe it or not both are giving the impression that they are incompetent on a high severance pay and I guess it’s coming out of milan budget.

Milan is a club that needs to be run by a very connected executive with a thick phone book and infinite ideas.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score

He looks quite talented to mee. Gifted with speed and skill. Something we could use, but he also looks physically weak, he surely is not yet a starter. But looking on those videos he seems to have the x-factor you need to become great.

That said, who's the big, black guy with #17 who's finishing all those chances left and right? I like that guy.

The way he runs has something Messi-esque, hasn't it? That ball sticking very close to his feet despite full-speed running. Very difficult to stop without a foul. Yeah I like that guy, seems very talented indeed. Let him grow calmly, we shouldn't rush him into the 1st team only to watch how he becomes cocky and thinks he's the best thing since Ronaldinho (yes Mastour I'm looking at you).
More like Di Maria

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#IlGiornale - #Mirablelli: #Milan will not buy players in January only will sell. Montella was in agreement with every transfer we made and I have the text messages that back this up (There are reports suggesting Montella didn’t approve most of the transfers and they were forced into the squad)

That "text message" part was lame as fuck. :fp: :lol:
FFS, take responsibility for your work.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In Italian clubs, it's always the sporting director asking the manager for his inputs and then making the final call. We don't have Fergie like powerful managers in Serie A who makes the call from start to finish.

thats not a universal law
inter under mourinho did whatever he liked.

i dont know what our model under mirabelli with montella.
if thats not the case i already answered

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Mirabelli: “Milan won’t buy in January, we didn’t overpay for anyone in the summer, Donnarumma and Montella…”
Massimiliano Mirabelli says there are no ‘flops’ in this team and ruled out further investments or big sales in January.

The winter mercato is open but Milan, in sharp contrast from the start of the summer window, have stayed very quiet.

And according to director of sport Massimiliano Mirabelli, the Diavolo are not expecting anything big this month as their sole focus is selling unused players.

“Compared to June and July this month has been a holiday so far? Well, so-so, maybe not a holiday,” Mirabelli said in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport. “Let’s say that you always work, but on different things. A bringing up to date remains a constant factor and this weekend for example I will be in Germany to watch some matches.

“If there’s therefore a name in my notebook? I’m talking about a bringing up to date, not about the market. We will not do anything, and I tell you this as official information. There could be some movements in sales, but small things. The names are those that are making the rounds and the one that has the most concrete demand is Gustavo Gomez from Boca Juniors.

“A Kessié alternative is needed in the squad? The reasoning is there, but I ask you: after having purchased 11 players [in the summer], are we sure that getting a 12th player would be the right choice? In the summer it was an important market, but I don’t miss it, there is time for everything. I think we have the solution at home already [for a Kessié alternative]: for example, Montolivo.

“Our imperative is the enhancement of the existing squad. If in hindsight Milan could’ve saved some money in the summer considering there are some players who underperform despite huge economic investments? The figures do not seem excessive to me. We didn’t overpay for anyone and I’ll tell you more than this: if, in pure theory, we were to put some of the new signings on the market, we’d be making money. If there’s anyone in particular on which I keep betting? André Silva and Çalhanoğlu.

“If there is any transfer that I wouldn’t do again? No, I consider them all valid players, who form a solid group and give us peace of mind for the future. They are the hard core of Milan and although many of them are not playing according to expectations, there is no ‘flop’. And then we forget a small detail: our management is also made of sales and renewals. From the sales we collected a good amount of money and Donnarumma, Suso, Cutrone, Calabria and Plizzari renewed their contracts.

“If I wouldn’t change anything about my strategy? Perhaps I’d be in less of a hurry about some management choices. Donnarumma? Gigio renewed with great joy and he always expressed his desire to stay at Milan. We’d be very happy if he finished his career here. The moment he no longer wants to stay, which there is no record of, we’d favor the exit. No one will remain reluctantly.

“If I’m worried about the fact that part of the future of the club is linked to the Settlement Agreement with UEFA? We are, and we will be, within the rules and boundaries of UEFA. Our building machine will go forward without concern. UEFA has doubts about Yonghong Li who is thousands of kilometers away from us? The money comes regularly and then there is David Han Li who is very present and is a great connoisseur of Calcio. It also has the advantage of never interfering with the work of others.

“My relationship with Fassone? We are a de-facto couple, two bodies and a soul. Nothing is done unless it’s shared. Anything else is insinuation. If the summer mercato was shared with Montella? We shared everything, starting from an aggressive purchases campaign, so much so that I kept the enthusiastic messages that he sent me, for example during the Bonucci talks. I feel sorry for how it ended, on an emotional and professional level. If it worked as it should have, Milan would’ve been in the Champions League spots and he would’ve been in his place [Milan are 12 points behind 4th].

“Now there’s Gattuso? We needed to give a strong signal to the young players in terms if Milanista DNA. Rino was chosen. He was not a stopgap solution, I take the responsibility and I’m happy with how he’s working. It was necessary to do hard work to improve, with the aggravating circumstance that it was already December. I found someone who works more than myself.”

The Rossoneri – without any new players – will return to action next week when they take on Cagliari away from home on Sunday at 18:00 CET. They then have two matches in a row.[

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ I am hoping he said we won't sign anyone to keep the prices down.

LW and vice-Kessie are huge holes in the squad.
Also, Kalinic. We don't have a starting striker in the team.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ I am hoping he said we won't sign anyone to keep the prices down.

LW and vice-Kessie are huge holes in the squad.
Also, Kalinic. We don't have a starting striker in the team.

cam is a bigger hole than vice kessie

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
#IlGiornale - #Mirablelli: #Milan will not buy players in January only will sell. Montella was in agreement with every transfer we made and I have the text messages that back this up (There are reports suggesting Montella didn’t approve most of the transfers and they were forced into the squad)

Basically what I've said. It would make no sense to buy now. Only a Kessie substitute would had been nice, since he's playing every game.

I still believe we have very good players. They just need to settle. I think Conti will be very important because he has great synergy with Suso and Kessie.

Hakan also seems to be picking up form. Biglia is playing better too. Bonucci is also improving.

Just wait.

The Montella part is a bitch move though.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
It was 2017, but Mirabelli & Montella still using text message instead of whatsapp.
Weird.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mancini to GdS: "If Fassone and Mirabelli call me to go to Milan I would have no problems. I work well with everyone and I have no problem with the colour."

Lol what? :monto:

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mancini to GdS: "If Fassone and Mirabelli call me to go to Milan I would have no problems. I work well with everyone and I have no problem with the colour."

He was Inter manager.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As a fan I had different expectations from the current management; fassone has proven to be the type of person who will tell you everything you wanna hear but he can’t deliver. First he was dead sure we will strike a deal with UEFA for Ffp and we didn’t. Promised to refinance elliot which he brought to the Chinese and then he didn’t do it, hired highbridgd as financial advisor to find an alternative lender 6 weeks ago and said it’ll take two and then we are still looking. Believe it or not both are giving the impression that they are incompetent on a high severance pay and I guess it’s coming out of milan budget.

Milan is a club that needs to be run by a very connected executive with a thick phone book and infinite ideas.

- 1st point is legit, he was dead sure. However UEFA is a joke. The likes of PSG, ManU, ManCity and Barca can throw money around and fake/boost their balance-sheets left and right and ruining mercato-dynamics since ages and UEFA isn't doing dogshit against that. Now in Milan case they make completely redicolous demands no club on earth can maintain in order to agree the VA. C'mon, UEFA, FFP-rules... all this is a joke and it's not known just since yesterday.

- 2nd point: He always said since day 1 that his intention is to refinance the Elliot-debts by april 2018 although the ultimatum is october 2018. He reassured and repeated that anticipation by 6 months in many circumstances in the last couple of weeks. I really don't know where you got it from that he promised to refinance the deal by... by when exactely?

- 3rd point: Again, nothing has been promised by Fassone, where got you that from? They tried with Highbridge, they got an offer and now they are valuating other offers. Where is the promise he isn't maintaining?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
text-message mirabelli

wow n igga

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

No no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is not a must... he fits better at inter than milan since they play with an attacking midfielder.
A winger is a MUST

when a player of that quality wants to leave there are no second thoughts
also he can play both at mid 3 of a 4-3-3 and has played at wings(i wont recommend play him as a winger but he has played there too)

a mid of biglia-kessie-pastore would do wonders...

and yes a winger is a must too

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
thats not a universal law
inter under mourinho did whatever he liked.

i dont know what our model under mirabelli with montella.
if thats not the case i already answered

What do you mean? Mourinho didnt have full control of transfers at Inter. Marco Branca was the technical director throughout that period and had the final say in the mercato.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol i agree Mirabelli words about txt msgs sound weak, but they also changed the context of it to sound more like he is giving excuses.
In full interview its not like that at all. He just said he kept enthusiastic msgs and is sorry that it didnt work out with Montella.
That said, i like Fassone interviews alot more as he got that classy note.

Btw, now im already scared we arent getting anyone this winter for real :(

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^Yeah I just read the actual Italian version.. doesn't sound like an excuse at all. Mirabelli is just expounding on the enthusiasm in the summer and asking people to give more rope to players.

Which I completely agree with. Besides the striker position, I don't think we made huge mistakes anywhere else. The likes of Biglia, Ricardo Rodriguez and certainly Calhanoglu deserves more time.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
He just said he kept enthusiastic msgs and is sorry that it didnt work out with Montella.

196157.gif

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
^

Yes... what the fuck

Thumbing through old enthusiastic text messages

:lol:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor