Filippo Inzaghi Thread

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I would have kept Honda and replace Destro with SES. Overall the team played well considering the circumstances.

We definitely need two class players, one reliable CF and another MF.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What I see more than anything are stupid individual mistakes by mediocre players galliani brought in and players not putting enough effort in. Keep Insulting pippo he will prove everyone wrong like allegri did. these players are garbage nobody could make it work

kosL

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What I see more than anything are stupid individual mistakes by mediocre players galliani brought in and players not putting enough effort in. Keep Insulting pippo he will prove everyone wrong like allegri did. these players are garbage nobody could make it work

The first goal we conceded was a silly mistake by Lopez, and Bona was playing as if he deliberately wantd to get a yellow so as to get a holiday next week. But Pippo's substitutions were usually highly questionable. Today is no exception.

Last edited:

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
thank u and now man plz leave milan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Berardi has become the symbol of Milan coaches getting sacked :lol: :star:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's probably relieved he lost cuz of poor refereeing so he can use a legit excuse rather then the usual ''we only lost because the opponent scored more goals then us''

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
This is the coach that wanted to replace Allegri in 2012 :fp: :lol: ... if he wanted the best for Milan, he would have gone to Sassuolo or given the resignation long ago.

It's obvious that players don't try hard enough considering that there are no goals left, and all they care is not to get injured. Put at least some Primavera players, at least they'll run until they got nothing left and get some experience as well.

bigboss1963

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Apparently Don Silvio asked that he play youth players but he did not listen. Well I don't know what to say if this is true. Sorry Pippo you will always be a legend to me but you probably should go get some more experience elsewhere as Gattuso is doing then return to us in the future...

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
NO coach in the world would play youth at Milan.
I mean Pippo is shit, yes, but you can't blame him for not playing youth. At Milan a coach must get results immediately, almost every season our coach is questioned by Berlu.
You can only give youth players a chance if you know you will have some time to build a team and let players develop.

All this talk about youth from B&G is pure bullshit, their actions show they dont want a serious project, they rather live in their deluded world in which we can be 3rd with average squad easy.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
these players are garbage nobody could make it work

so why doesn't inzaghi acknowledge this? why does he continue to make excuses for this team if it's not him and management also causing the problem?

seedorf said he would get rid of half the team after just a few weeks in charge. granted, his behavior is the opposite end of the spectrum...but a true coach would find a middle ground to admit: this group was not built properly and a quick review of the season results will show that this team cannot play together, so we will need to find a solution by doing A, B C, etc.

instead inzaghi just keeps looking the other way...

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
so why doesn't inzaghi acknowledge this? why does he continue to make excuses for this team if it's not him and management also causing the problem?

seedorf said he would get rid of half the team after just a few weeks in charge. granted, his behavior is the opposite end of the spectrum...but a true coach would find a middle ground to admit: this group was not built properly and a quick review of the season results will show that this team cannot play together, so we will need to find a solution by doing A, B C, etc.

instead inzaghi just keeps looking the other way...

Everybody with a brain can see that Inzaghi's Milan has no gameplan at all and his tactics suck
He also starts Bonera like almost every match
:b: asked him to field youngsters vs Sassuolo and he didn't...he can **** off to Genoa

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
NO coach in the world would play youth at Milan.
I mean Pippo is shit, yes, but you can't blame him for not playing youth. At Milan a coach must get results immediately, almost every season our coach is questioned by Berlu.
You can only give youth players a chance if you know you will have some time to build a team and let players develop.

All this talk about youth from B&G is pure bullshit, their actions show they dont want a serious project, they rather live in their deluded world in which we can be 3rd with average squad easy.

You hit the nail on the head Unda :thumbsup:

You can only give youth players a chance in two scenarios:
1.) If the management will be patient enough to see the peaks and troughs of youth until they can find consistency and reach their expected level.
2.) If the senior team has an established core of players from which the youth can learn from and can work on their strengths as well as learn from their mistakes without pressure.

I agree that Milan is expected to get results immediately so scenario 2 would be the one we should follow and would allow us to reap the rewards of the talented youngsters we have in primavera and the first team.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head Unda :thumbsup:

You can only give youth players a chance in two scenarios:
1.) If the management will be patient enough to see the peaks and troughs of youth until they can find consistency and reach their expected level.
2.) If the senior team has an established core of players from which the youth can learn from and can work on their strengths as well as learn from their mistakes without pressure.

I agree that Milan is expected to get results immediately so scenario 2 would be the one we should follow and would allow us to reap the rewards of the talented youngsters we have in primavera and the first team.

B asked Pippo to give youngsters play time vs Sassuolo and he didn't
There's no defending Pippo here

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
B asked Pippo to give youngsters play time vs Sassuolo and he didn't
There's no defending Pippo here

I'm not defending Inzaghi here. I'm just stating the whole "youth project" for the first team is impossible due to the environment, mediocre base, and constant coaching changes. Allegri laid a solid foundation from which we could have built the youth project from but Berlu threw it out the window due to his 4-3-1-2 fetish and dislike for Allegri.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not defending Inzaghi here. I'm just stating the whole "youth project" for the first team is impossible due to the environment, mediocre base, and constant coaching changes. Allegri laid a solid foundation from which we could have built the youth project from but Berlu threw it out the window due to his 4-3-1-2 fetish and dislike for Allegri.

I don't think he disliked Allegri that much...else he would have fired him a long time ago
Allegri didn't play youngsters that much either...and when we finally got a true AM(Honda) he opted to just play 4-3-3 and put him on the wings
At one time we didn't have any real cam's...now we have Honda,Mastour,Suso etc. and we barely use them well...it's insanity

Also yeah youth project is bs
All they do is loan out youngsters to serie b...they barely ever play and possibly get sold
Italy needs a reserve league

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he disliked Allegri that much...else he would have fired him a long time ago
Allegri didn't play youngsters that much either...and when we finally got a true AM(Honda) he opted to just play 4-3-3 and put him on the wings
At one time we didn't have any real cam's...now we have Honda,Mastour,Suso etc. and we barely use them well...it's insanity

Also yeah youth project is bs
All they do is loan out youngsters to serie b...they barely ever play and possibly get sold
Italy needs a reserve league

You can thank Galliani for that. Berlu and Barbara wanted Allegri out during the 2013 summer and I even recall some quotes after the PSV match where Allegri said he didn't know if he would still be the coach after the match.

On our run to third place in 12-13, he played SES, Niang, and DES a lot. But as for Honda he never really got a chance to find a good position for Honda since I recall he played him for 24/25 minutes against Sassuolo where we were trailing 4-2 and Allegri was sacked after the match.

Mastour isn't ready to play on the first team at all. He isn't even the best performer in primavera. Before he makes the jump to the first team he first has to prove he can be consistent in primavera. But I agree Honda should be the CAM in our team and I personally don't understand why Inzaghi doesn't play a 4-2-3-1 that suits a lot of our players. Even a 4-4-2 works with the players we have now.

First priority this summer should be getting an experienced coach. I sometimes get mad at our players for playing like shit but I also realize a lot of them are under-performing due to Inzaghi. Obviously several areas need quality additions but as the team stands today; it shouldn't be in midtable and a lot of the blame falls on Inzaghi.

Last edited:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
You can thank Galliani for that. Berlu and Barbara wanted Allegri out during the 2013 summer and I even recall some quotes after the PSV match where Allegri said he didn't know if he would still be the coach after the match.

On our run to third place in 12-13, he played SES, Niang, and DES a lot. But as for Honda he never really got a chance to find a good position for Honda since I recall he played him for 24/25 minutes against Sassuolo where we were trailing 4-2 and Allegri was sacked after the match.

Mastour isn't ready to play on the first team at all. He isn't even the best performer in primavera. Before he makes the jump to the first team he first has to prove he can be consistent in primavera. But I agree Honda should be the CAM in our team and I personally don't understand why Inzaghi doesn't play a 4-2-3-1 that suits a lot of our players. Even a 4-4-2 works with the players we have now.

First priority this summer should be getting an experienced coach. I sometimes get mad at our players for playing like shit but I also realize a lot of them are under-performing due to Inzaghi. Obviously several areas need quality additions but as the team stands today; it shouldn't be in midtable and a lot of the blame falls on Inzaghi.

He had no choice but to start SES...Pato was injured and he had no-one else
And he kept starting Boateng despite stinking up the place instead of Bojan who had better performances than him(especially when he played as treq.)

Dunno about Barbara...but I don't think Silvio wanted him gone since he barely even paid attention to the club...I remember him at times dissing Allegri's formation but he did that with Carlo all the time and he didn't fire him before it was too late

Yeah...agreed...we really need a good coach...I can't watch this trainwreck of a team with no gameplan much longer...it just gives me headaches and I keep yelling at the TV :head:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Lies.

Bojan wasn't better than Boateng here.

Bojan would make one nice pass a game and consistently fall over like 3 times every single game.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Lies.

Bojan would make one nice pass a game and consistently fall over like 3 times every single game.

Better than Boateng killing the vultures at San Siro with his horribly imprecise shots :g:
Should have never given him no.10 :fp:,it put too much pressure on him and he had a disastrous season

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He had no choice but to start SES...Pato was injured and he had no-one else
And he kept starting Boateng despite stinking up the place instead of Bojan who had better performances than him(especially when he played as treq.)

Dunno about Barbara...but I don't think Silvio wanted him gone since he barely even paid attention to the club...I remember him at times dissing Allegri's formation but he did that with Carlo all the time and he didn't fire him before it was too late

Yeah...agreed...we really need a good coach...I can't watch this trainwreck of a team with no gameplan much longer...it just gives me headaches and I keep yelling at the TV :head:

Plus Robinho was injured too. But the point was he believed in SES and continued to play him. Once Balotelli came, El Shaarawy's performances fell since Balotelli wasn't a CF who could create space for the wingers (like Pazzini did) and tended to ball-hog a lot. I agree Boateng sucked as trequartista but he was crucial as a right winger in Allegri's 4-3-3 and was one of the reasons we reached 3rd place.

Oh believe me both Barbara and Berlu wanted him gone. They wanted to replace him with Inzaghi :lol: He criticized Carlo but the thing was he still gave Carlo great players and didn't sell them like he did with Allegri. Obviously Allegri had his faults (late subs and playing important players before crucial matches) but the man performed a miracle with the squad he was given in 12-13.

My wishes for coach are Conte, Emery, and Klopp. Conte and Klopp would be hard to get but Emery I think we can get. Emery would be an excellent coach since he actually knows how to transition his team well from the defensive phase to the offensive phase and vice-versa. Basically he plays like Simeone but his team has more flair in attack.

Lies.

I remember that. :lol: People kept saying it's as if he was playing on ice instead of grass.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Basically he plays like Simeone but his team has more flair in attack.

It's not really the same system , Emery uses 4-2-3-1 with two pure DM's who don't push up at all allowing the fullbacks to participate more in the attacks.

Simeone uses 4-4-2 with no real DM .

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Yeah it's garbage. As I posted elsewhere :

Chelsea have won the title, nothing to gain. Jose starts a young gun and subs in two other kids later on . They lose 3-0 but those 3 kids have just got some great experience.

Over at Milan, we have nothing to gain win lose or draw , but still Pippo starts Bonera, Destro and other garbage while out kids get 0 minutes.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Better than Boateng killing the vultures at San Siro with his horribly imprecise shots :g:
Should have never given him no.10 :fp:,it put too much pressure on him and he had a disastrous season

It wasn't disastrous.

We shouldn't have got rid of him. He did very well against PSV and then we ship him off... ridiculous.

I'm not saying we should buy him back. For free, as a bench option? Sure... I don't see why anyone would say no. He works hard, he has clear ability and can pull off some ridiculous stuff, why not?

Who else could have scored those goals against Arsenal, Barcelona, that hat-trick against Lecce. They were damn peak Ibra level goals.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not really the same system , Emery uses 4-2-3-1 with two pure DM's who don't push up at all allowing the fullbacks to participate more in the attacks.

Simeone uses 4-4-2 with no real DM .

I meant the transitioning phase bro. They all move up to attack or move down to defend. The DM's of Sevilla still move up higher than the halfway line to continue the attacks or start them. Then the whole team drops back when the other team starts attacking. It's the same thing with Simeone. Basically it's the same system under different formations.

Yeah it's garbage. As I posted elsewhere :

Chelsea have won the title, nothing to gain. Jose starts a young gun and subs in two other kids later on . They lose 3-0 but those 3 kids have just got some great experience.

Over at Milan, we have nothing to gain win lose or draw , but still Pippo starts Bonera, Destro and other garbage while out kids get 0 minutes.

Fight me in real life you Yura Peko lover :o :D jk

But that's on Inzaghi bro. I know this. He should play youth against the weaker teams but I was referring to why we cannot pull off the youth system as a whole in Milan. There are too many issues that won't let us develop youth well.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't disastrous.

We shouldn't have got rid of him. He did very well against PSV and then we ship him off... ridiculous.

I'm not saying we should buy him back. For free, as a bench option? Sure... I don't see why anyone would say no. He works hard, he has clear ability and can pull off some ridiculous stuff, why not?

Who else could have scored those goals against Arsenal, Barcelona, that hat-trick against Lecce. They were damn peak Ibra level goals.

Yes it was :g:
That last season of him for us was a nightmare...only good match was vs Barcelona and the PSV Match in the qualis

Never said we should have got rid of him...read my post again
In fact I was mad that we sold him the day after he scored that brace vs PSV

I don't mind him coming back so long as we get a good coach
His first 2 seasons were good...not a world class player but definitely a world class big game player :star::star::star: