Juraj Kucka Thread

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Worried about Kucka, hopefully he regain his form or perhaps he needs a breather. He plays lots of games, and with our bench being so thin, he always starts. Hopefully Bertolacci can come back soon to help with that problem (though some of you may think I'm foolish for believing this)

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Worried about Kucka, hopefully he regain his form or perhaps he needs a breather. He plays lots of games, and with our bench being so thin, he always starts. Hopefully Bertolacci can come back soon to help with that problem (though some of you may think I'm foolish for believing this)

what form? he has never been consistent.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Have you even watched last season?

Yes, he was quite impressive because no one expected him to be good, but this doesn't mean he was that good, and sometimes he was also bad, like everyone else.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, he was quite impressive because no one expected him to be good, but this doesn't mean he was that good, and sometimes he was also bad, like everyone else.

This.

Kucka is a quite limited player. He isn't that comfortable going forward but is decent enough at pressing.

However this season, it seems often times he is lost in the midfield and does not seem to know who to even press.

And that Candreva goal, inexcusable effort.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is called the tank, right? But that is before a yellow card. After a yellow card, he is a revolving door.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Well it's obvious why he can't tank it like usual after the card, the ref was a lill bit trigger happy at 1st half.
I like it when he made a run tho, another player I didn't expect to be good player.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He is called the tank, right? But that is before a yellow card. After a yellow card, he is a revolving door.

Well, considering how easily this referee was giving out cards, it's understandable.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think it was a step in the right direction. Hope he follows this path but Kucka has always been kind of inconsistent (last season too) despite having unique characteristics in this team.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I think he is going down, he is more suited for Miha's pressing game, not with Montella.

Just look how he is giving less than last season:

2015/16 - 2016/17

Shots: 2 - 0.9
Tackles: 2.9 - 1.9
Aerials: 66 - 53%
Interceptions: 2.8 - 2
Forward passes: 29 - 22

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
can we really compare him that way when hes played in 2 different systems .

1 as a mid of 2
and now mid of 3

but i agree with people who said that we need a kuco upgrade.. por faavor galliani

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I've said it before and i'll say it again: great bench player but should not start. I would prefer Pasalic start over him second half of the season. Kuco has been in awful form for quite some time now.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've said it before and i'll say it again:

yeah, you keep making a fool out of yourself.

It would be great to have a better RCM than Kucka, but we don't have one right now, and Pasalic has certainly not shown enough to earn a spot.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, you keep making a fool out of yourself.

It would be great to have a better RCM than Kucka, but we don't have one right now, and Pasalic has certainly not shown enough to earn a spot.

Funny because i'm not the only one who thinks Kuco should be a bench player. Sorry, this isnt 1955, you have to give players who show promise some playing time to progress.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Funny because i'm not the only one who thinks Kuco should be a bench player.

He "should" be a bench player, if we sign better B2B mids than him, but we don't have those right now.

If you think our only proper B2B mid should be benched for a second advanced mid then you're simply clueless.

Sorry, this isnt 1955, you have to give players who show promise some playing time to progress.

Pasalic has been given plenty of chances lately. Done a few things well, but not nearly enough to bench Kucka. He has earned more chances though.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
He "should" be a bench player, if we sign better B2B mids than him, but we don't have those right now.

If you think our only proper B2B mid should be benched for a second advanced mid then you're simply clueless.

Pasalic has been given plenty of chances lately. Done a few things well, but not nearly enough to bench Kucka. He has earned more chances though.

What makes you think Pasalic is an advanced mid XD. He's an all around midfielder that doesn't have any standout qualities except for physical strength. He does well going forward and defending. He's similar to Kuco except he doesn't have a third lung.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What makes you think Pasalic is an advanced mid XD. He's an all around midfielder that doesn't have any standout qualities except for physical strength. He does well going forward and defending. He's similar to Kuco except he doesn't have a third lung.

Fuck out here man

What makes you think he's like Kucka, or other physical mids, besides his height, Pubes?
He's more of a ball-player than a ball-winner, although his contributions have been small on and off ball. His lack of grit is unacceptable regardless of the type of mid he is.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
pasalic is average as fuck. this fool is no better. we need better players. period.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Thus guy probably has the most brutal name in football. I remember during the derby when the announcer were telling us the formations and Kuckas name came up. "NUMERO TRENTRATRE, JUUURAJ.... KUUCKAAA"

I swear if it didnt sound like 2 million soviet soldiers during the ww2 just outside the reichstag screaming URAA while making the last push, i dont know what it sounds like

If I was Kucka id die from a heartattack of the shiver Id get

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
of course pasalic is putting on average performances but he as a player is a very talented one indeed !

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Juraj Kucka Thread

I want Kucka of Sinisa days. The tank he was back then… our right side would explode with him and Suso

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I want Kucka of Sinisa days. The tank he was back then… our right side would explode with him and Suso

So many misplaced passes and he doesn't seem to dribble as much as under miha. Is it bad form or what?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
We need more patient and supportive fans. Period.

I dont give a rats ass. I cannot accept incompetence. Milan is meant to fight for titles and not a top 5 finish. Yes i dont care about the stupid super coppa either.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So many misplaced passes and he doesn't seem to dribble as much as under miha. Is it bad form or what?

I don't know. I didn't follow him much in his Genoa days, so I don't know if last season was that once in a lofetime season or if he's regressing / the system doesn't help him / just in bad form.

Maybe it's a little bit of all together. Maybe Honda's defensive work and movements allowed him to take more risks and push the ball forwards while in Montella's system Suso and Abate are constantly pushing forward so he has more defensive duties. Could it be that he's defensively not that good and now where he has to do the dirty work for Suso and Abate it shows up?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still a useful player, and I would like to see him come in later on to protect a lead or to add some muscle to the midfield.

Schedule