Mathieu Flamini Thread

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
I like flamini, i love his energy. I dunno bout technical ability etc.. but hes got some Gatusso in him and thats what we need.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
ma to je zajebancija u vezi masstermarka, on je to jednom davno napisao i to je Shiby držao kao potpis :D

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's be honest Flamini has been extremely lucky to still be here afterall he's failed to play regularly under 3 different coaches and he's one of our highest earners. Not many people get that amount of chances at a top club

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Drop them wages and he can have a place - I think its going to be that simple.

At the start of the season Allegri wanted him to be a hallmark of his midfield but since then Gattuso has fully returned, Prince has been a revelation and Van Bommel has been bought. You also have Merkel that may get time next season, Ganso may come or Pirlo may stay or both and I havent even mentioned the captain Ambro.

He should reduce his wages (selfish of us fans but yes) and he has to be more of a player. Prince seems to be naive but improving, Flamini has been here for along time and with Arsenal before that, there may be no hope for him tactically.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so is being like-able, fast and a bad dancer what it takes to make it at Milan these days :rolleyes:

He's not the worst player out there, but him being like-able shouldn't take away from the fact thats he's added very little to Milan in his time here and hasn't shown any signs of developing or looking like the player we all wanted him to be when he got here :(

Regardless of any of our current midfielders leaving we need 2 new midfielders this Summer. Flamini could pay towards someone new but if Berlu wants to foot the bill for a couple of new faces then Flams can stay, so can Dorf and Pirlo. The main reason people want a few players out is that we're told we need to see players leave to hope for new players coming in. If new players come in then who cares who stays as we'll most likely just see them leave next Summer on free's...

Who the hell is gonna give any decent cash for him? The only thing he can probably ''pay'' for is the likes of ovverated constant that wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

His wage is high but the depth he provides is good enough and we will need depth after summer when it all points to some of out senatore MFs leaving.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Who the hell is gonna give any decent cash for him? The only thing he can probably ''pay'' for is the likes of ovverated constant that wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

His wage is high but the depth he provides is good enough and we will need depth after summer when it all points to some of out senatore MFs leaving.

He's got to be worth 8 million at last and could used as a make weight in any number of deals involving other midfield targets... Him plus 4 million for Sahin or Fernando say?

Yes he provides cover, but if we're operating on the one out one in premis then Flams out for a starting 11 player is surely a good thing?

Flams and Dorf out, 2 new starting 11 quality players in would see the two new players plus Prince and one from MvB, Gatt and Ambro as our preffered starters surely? Then we'd have Pirlo, whoevers not picked from MvB, Gatt and Ambro plus Merkel and Strass as our midfield dept... Is that not depth enough?

If we had a new midfielder, new midfielder, Pirlo, Prince, MvB, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Merkel and Strasser thats 9 players for most likely 3 starting spots behind our front 3... Thats more than enough and gives us options.

I get why people have sentimental attachments to our senatores, I just dont get why Flams gets away with being nothing more than a utility player because he's like-able :rolleyes:

I have no hate for the guy, but like last Summer when I wanted Dinho out it was for the benefit of Milan, not any personal dislike for the player!

If we'd sold Dinho for 10 million last Summer we could have had a VdV in the team, instead we got nothing for him and have had to fill the CAM role in the team with Dorf. I wouldn't want us too lose Flams for nothing when its becoming evident that we dont have that much cash to play with this Summer :(

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
WTF where do u get this ''4mil + flamini = sahin'' shit from? Is there any solid background to this or just fantacalcio since i dont understand why would dortmund, a club with CL, BL title ambitions sell one of their most promising players 4 barely any money + a 27 year old ''utility'' player as u put it. Samp did something similarly ******** with the pazzini sale (13mil + byabyabya) and look @ where their poor management has gotten them into. Relegation bound.........though byaniani is useless all together his still a huge miss 4 their ambitions.

And by now u should know B&G dont sell players to a destination they dont fancy. Ronaldinho was given away for free yet were still likely to splash 25mil or something on ganso this summer or a similar prospect that will keep us competitive 4 far longer than VDV. IF berlu wants something he will get it, far more likely if theres anything thats gonna get us sahin its his will, ambitions and not flaminis sale.

The ''buy one sell one'' strategy galliani was probably referring to the likes of jankulovsy, oddo and co who have colossal wages yet play/contribute very little, not players like flamini who play on a regular basis and are very useful as rotation, depth.

And no id rather have a MF with at least something similar to fresh legs than 3 over 33 year old DMs.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
If i was flamini i would have been impressed by the attention he gets

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
WTF where do u get this ''4mil + flamini = sahin'' shit from? Is there any solid background to this or just fantacalcio since i dont understand why would dortmund, a club with CL, BL title ambitions sell one of their most promising players 4 barely any money + a 27 year old ''utility'' player as u put it. Samp did something similarly ******** with the pazzini sale (13mil + byabyabya) and look @ where their poor management has gotten them into. Relegation bound.........though byaniani is useless all together his still a huge miss 4 their ambitions.

I was just pointing out that Flams COULD be used to finance a move for someone, hell we could try using him as part of a deal for Aquilani as well... I was meerly conjecturing.

And by now u should know B&G dont sell players to a destination they dont fancy. Ronaldinho was given away for free yet were still likely to splash 25mil or something on ganso this summer or a similar prospect that will keep us competitive 4 far longer than VDV. IF berlu wants something he will get it, far more likely if theres anything thats gonna get us sahin its his will, ambitions and not flaminis sale.
Last Summer we COULD have sold Dinho and used the cash from said sale to finance a move for VDV, he'd have been very useful against Spurs and Real do you not think? Again it was just conjecture to back up the fact that any Flamini sale could help us secure a far more useful player, a starting 11 player rather than a squad player.

The ''buy one sell one'' strategy galliani was probably referring to the likes of jankulovsy, oddo and co who have colossal wages yet play/contribute very little, not players like flamini who play on a regular basis and are very useful as rotation, depth.

Again, if we sold Flamini and brought in a true starting 11 player we wouldn't need to have a Flamini type player on the bench. A new midfielder plus Ganso would see Pirlo, Gatt, Ambro, Merkel and Strass as back up, thats an ok roster to get through next year with, then add another midfielder the following Summer. Plus Dorf and Flam's saved wages would pay for the 2 new midfielders and then some...

And no id rather have a MF with at least something similar to fresh legs than 3 over 33 year old DMs.
As I've said I'd sell Flams to fund a second midfielder as well as Ganso

I'm not wanting to argue, I simply dont see the point in paying 4.5 million to Flams when we're in financial shit and he's one fo the few player we have that has value that we wont miss... Flams and Dorf out, 2 new midfielders in, how is that not a desired option?

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meh, id prefer if he does get a wage cut 2 but im not moaning for him or mexes. The most important thing should be getting rid of highly payed dead wood that gets no playing time like janku. Players like them 2, usefull and vital 4 depth even if expensive (they came free thoe) are welcomed by me.

+ i dont get it, youre worried about our financial situation yet by your previous post (if i read it right) u still want pirlo here even if just as a sub? Hes wages are even higher u know.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Meh, id prefer if he does get a wage cut 2 but im not moaning for him or mexes. The most important thing should be getting rid of highly payed dead wood that gets no playing time like janku. Players like them 2, usefull and vital 4 depth even if expensive (they came free thoe) are welcomed by me.

+ i dont get it, youre worried about our financial situation yet by your previous post (if i read it right) u still want pirlo here even if just as a sub? Hes wages are even higher u know.

I understand what your saying regarding depth, I just dont think Flams is that good, even if he does cover a few positions... Bonera covers a few positions but I want him out as well. Were you impressed with him last night? I wasn't, he ran and ran but did little too nothing desicive :(

Yes we need to get rid of Janku, and we are, Dorfk should really go as well and Pirlo, I say he can stay on far lower wages as he can affect a game for more than Flams... If we have a bench with Flams, Gatt and Pirlo who will get the nod if we're trying to create seomething, Pirlo and if we're trying to tightening things up Gatt will get the nod. Flams is a vice Prince at best but 4.5 million is an aweful lot for this role is it not?

We need to improve overall quality and lower wages and saying goodbye to Flams, Bonera, Anton, Janku, Gooch and Dorf are surely the starting blocks for doing this no?

Mexes in for free covers the departing Gooch, Oddo looked fine last night and Zambro has also looked ok when called upon, plus we have Urby, therefor thats cover for our FBs, negating the need for Bonera and Anton. Flams and Dorf out would surely make room for 2 new midfielders, which where I'm struggling to see your point. I'm not saying get rid of Flams, Dorf, Pirlo and Ambro and just bring in Ganso, I;m saying get rid of Flams and Dorf and bring in 2 new midfielders giving us exactly the same number of midfielders... Just better ones on lower wages, who is that a bad thing?

Can I ask if anyone was impressed by Flams last night? Before I get tarnished with the hater brush, I just want better players for Milan, I hope that is clear!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
yessssss 9 million per year gotcha ya

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Ever since he joined from Arsenal his "offense" has been going downhill. He used to be pretty impressive with Arsenal helping them attack while he's not busy defending, but as of late...Gattuso is Zidane compared to him.

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
Ever since he joined from Arsenal his "offense" has been going downhill. He used to be pretty impressive with Arsenal helping them attack while he's not busy defending, but as of late...Gattuso is Zidane compared to him.

:fp:

I understand u are using hyperbole but seriously...Flamini still makes more forward runs than Gattuso (which can be distraction to def or help create space). You cant in any way compare Gattuso to Zidane in terms of attacking ability.

But yes, Flamini's wages is a bit too high. Even so, I dont realistically see B&G acquiring someone in place of Flamini. I can see them add 1 or 2 creative MFs to replace either Seedorf or Pirlo though. And player exchange or makeweight deals isnt that simple you know..

Flamini may not want to move or lower his wages even though other teams might not want to pay him nearly as much. And how can you guarantee that 8-10 m is enough to get a real high quality MF (that is realistically available, getting guys like VDV or Modric is fantasy football with their ridiculously EPL inflated sales value).

You talk about "getting rid of bunch of dead weight" but is that really realistic in Milan? I doubt Bonera and Antonini would leave Milan anytime soon under the clubs policy, and its not like clubs are willing to sign them for a decent price either. Besides those guys dont make much anyway...Antonini is a decent cover for Zambrotta, and his wages are pretty low. I believe that Galliani would prefer to keep some decent covers rather than go for other guys..that has been the trend for a while now.

What I would do is simply trust B&G...I mean last season Berlusconi gave the green light for some acquisitions while Galliani did some real impressive work. I am hoping the trend continues for this season (B finally realizes that playing second fiddle to Inter sucks....) but I wouldnt hope for a revolution either.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't mind Flamini at all. I am happy Allegri plays him actually.
When I see Flamini and Prince starting with 2 older players I see the balance and even if don't like Flamini our midfield is more balanced than with Gattuso and Ambrosini playing together.
We have Flamini, Prince, Merkel, Urby, Strasser for Gattuso, Ambrosini, MvB, Pirlo and Dorf.

Notice that Al also played all Senators midfield when started but it could work last year or more, you can't stop them aging.
Younger players are actually makng Dorf and Gattuso look good again for the qualities they have at this moment of their career. Urby or Merkel bring such energy you can't even compare what Gattuso comming on for Pirlo was bringing last year.

We have places for 4 DM, look even this season.
I agree we should re-work his contract extension but hi wages that is a star wage in a mid table EPL club, deduct his trasfer value when we got him-it isn't such bad business.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
I don't really mind this man either. He's a good player with some good qualities but I just don't think that those qualities are what we need at Milan. I hate when we field him and Gattuso on the same squad. It limits our creativity by alot.

Because of his huge wages I'd rather sell him and buy a player who's got a bit more creativity in him. Maybe Lazio's Hernandez? Or maybe we could go for Montolivo? (I'm expecting to see Ganso here either way I just don't think he should be our one and only transfer this summer)

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I understand what your saying regarding depth, I just dont think Flams is that good, even if he does cover a few positions... Bonera covers a few positions but I want him out as well. Were you impressed with him last night? I wasn't, he ran and ran but did little too nothing desicive :(

Yes we need to get rid of Janku, and we are, Dorfk should really go as well and Pirlo, I say he can stay on far lower wages as he can affect a game for more than Flams... If we have a bench with Flams, Gatt and Pirlo who will get the nod if we're trying to create seomething, Pirlo and if we're trying to tightening things up Gatt will get the nod. Flams is a vice Prince at best but 4.5 million is an aweful lot for this role is it not?

We need to improve overall quality and lower wages and saying goodbye to Flams, Bonera, Anton, Janku, Gooch and Dorf are surely the starting blocks for doing this no?

Mexes in for free covers the departing Gooch, Oddo looked fine last night and Zambro has also looked ok when called upon, plus we have Urby, therefor thats cover for our FBs, negating the need for Bonera and Anton. Flams and Dorf out would surely make room for 2 new midfielders, which where I'm struggling to see your point. I'm not saying get rid of Flams, Dorf, Pirlo and Ambro and just bring in Ganso, I;m saying get rid of Flams and Dorf and bring in 2 new midfielders giving us exactly the same number of midfielders... Just better ones on lower wages, who is that a bad thing?

Can I ask if anyone was impressed by Flams last night? Before I get tarnished with the hater brush, I just want better players for Milan, I hope that is clear!

If u watch milan games than u should know better than comparing him with bonera.

And i really dont understand what the hell does getting rid of flamini have to do with us getting new MFs? Pirla will leave and get a prison shirt @ the end of the season, Dorf will also probably retire. Hes performing great now that he has motives but i doubt he will be the player he is now @ the start of the next season. All points out that at least 2 MF senatores will leave so if we do intact need to get rid of 2 MFs in order to be able to buy 2 than thats that.

If someone offers 10mil than we should sell but than again that sounds fantamercato along with the 4mil+ flamini = sahin stuff.

Overall he hasnt impressed since merda. That being said hes still more than good enough as a sub.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
flamini :fp: <- i believe this smiley was made just for this guy. Too much wage, doesnt know wtf he has to do on the pitch. In my opinion he should be the first player out of the door this summer. Time to buy a cm who can make something happen....

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
If u watch milan games than u should know better than comparing him with bonera.

And i really dont understand what the hell does getting rid of flamini have to do with us getting new MFs? Pirla will leave and get a prison shirt @ the end of the season, Dorf will also probably retire. Hes performing great now that he has motives but i doubt he will be the player he is now @ the start of the next season. All points out that at least 2 MF senatores will leave so if we do intact need to get rid of 2 MFs in order to be able to buy 2 than thats that.

If someone offers 10mil than we should sell but than again that sounds fantamercato along with the 4mil+ flamini = sahin stuff.

Overall he hasnt impressed since merda. That being said hes still more than good enough as a sub.

Its tough to replace two players/champions of high level like pirlo and seedorf.. we cant fuck up while replacing them and even if 1 buy is a bad fit, who is gonna save our asses? flamini:lol: pirlo has to stay on as a back-up and dorf can be replaced this season. players who dont deserve to wear milan jersey like flamini should leave first. Age is secondary, calibre first :o

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Important thing to note when looking at his wage is that he came for free. So, if he earns 6 million a year, that equates to 2 million a year + 12 million transfer for a three year contract. Which, at the time we got him, looked like an awesome deal.

Consider this: would you rather he got the money or Arsenal?

Important thing to note is that we do need to renegotiate his contract soon though. He's not been playing up to a satisfactory level and should be either sold or his wages reduced.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
his contract ends in 2012 so we sell him for 10 mil for some epl team or renew his contract for 2.5 mil before taxs not cent more

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
people who want this gazelle out are seriously wrong
He does always look lost and dont know what the f* he must do but
This guy is tireless and can run for miles and miles a full match, very good physical skills. I agree in Serie A its not that important but still its a bonus. BUt I would rather keep him and see injured-prone Pirlo leave.

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
^Yeah, its surprising really but atm I rather Flamini stay than Pirlo TBH...

But it would kill me to see Pirlo in another shirt especially Juve

So solution? Keep both of them but reduce their wages!

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its tough to replace two players/champions of high level like pirlo and seedorf.. we cant fuck up while replacing them and even if 1 buy is a bad fit, who is gonna save our asses? flamini:lol: pirlo has to stay on as a back-up and dorf can be replaced this season. players who dont deserve to wear milan jersey like flamini should leave first. Age is secondary, calibre first :o

ROFL and we have guarantees pirlo can fill in in the event this new playmaker gets injured where? His last 3 years here were a mix of 2 years of mediocrity on the pitch and the last one mostly getting nursed back to health in some hospital bed (sadly right after he was finally showing some of his old playmaking self or calibre as u put it). Dorf started playing good football once milan was a guaranteed favorite 4 the scudetto, before this he was so bad that the crowd was booing him again. Dorf has proved time and time again that hes a player with huge motivational problems. In low key games he tends to drop the ball badly. Flamini is nothing like the type of players they are. Its been a while now that milan is low on quality playmakers (were lucky dorf is having such a good end season otherwise our creativity would be on alarming low levels) and odds are its just because of those 2 that are highly payed (and IIRC there were reports that pirlo doesnt want a bench role to begin with) that milan didnt buy any new playmakers, nothing to do with flamini is what im guessing at least.

Flamini is a box2box player and hes never been a replacement for either dorf or pirlo in the first place. I immagine boa will be ur main box2box player next year. Both ambro and MVB are anchors. The other player that we have and resembles the box2box role is urby.

Schedule