Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
there are no 'real' fans in the NBA in general. Its all about entertainment there, like going to cinema. no hooligans which sucks :) So I wouldnt shit on Clippers fans, they are same as the rest.

you're an idiot and blatantly wrong.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
cant the lakers trade gasol for someone like josh smith or nic batuum? a more versatile and mobile guy. a 3-4 who can play defense?

will help the defense a lot

Why would either team want that?

Portland is young, Batum is 24, Gasol is 32.

-

The market for a 32 year old center is small

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Portland or Atalanta wont take Gasol in a straight swoop??

I think both smith and batum have reached their ceillings and arent better than gasol. The only problem will be his age but they could throw some picks to compensate

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Portland or Atalanta wont take Gasol in a straight swoop??

I think both smith and batum have reached their ceillings and arent better than gasol. The only problem will be his age but they could throw some picks to compensate

nah dude

gasol makes A LOT more money than them, and is older.

Batum is 24, he has not reached his ceiling. Smith is 27 and in his prime

Anyway you slice it, it's a bad deal. Gasol will continue to decline/age... they won't.

If I was going to trade Smith (as atlanta) I'd look to dump him for picks/prospects.

-

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
trading smith for picks/prospects?

they still got other good players there
wouldnt that mean wasting horford years

I know they wouldnt challenge for title with gasol but atleast some deep playoffs runs?

-edit

I know this wontt happen but I thought it will be interesting for lakers

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Lakers - Pistons on now.

~

Brandon Knight sucks. :/

Last edited:

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
nah dude

gasol makes A LOT more money than them, and is older.

Batum is 24, he has not reached his ceiling. Smith is 27 and in his prime

Anyway you slice it, it's a bad deal. Gasol will continue to decline/age... they won't.

If I was going to trade Smith (as atlanta) I'd look to dump him for picks/prospects.

-

Yep,Gasol won't even get to a club to help carry them to a ring.I would be really surprised if he can command a big contract after this.Obviously he still has value but unless Boston(and they're retirement home) step in for a surprise he's done as a consistent top tier Center.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
trading smith for picks/prospects?

they still got other good players there
wouldnt that mean wasting horford years

I know they wouldnt challenge for title with gasol but atleast some deep playoffs runs?

-edit

I know this wontt happen but I thought it will be interesting for lakers

And thats the problem.... if you're gonna be stuck in mediocrity, you're worse than sucking

I'd rather tank, and play the draft. Than build a 2nd round playoff team.

Horford's a good player but not 'great'. I mean I'll put it this way, if they cut the whole team and just kept horford..... they wouldn't do much.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yep,Gasol won't even get to a club to help carry them to a ring.I would be really surprised if he can command a big contract after this.Obviously he still has value but unless Boston(and they're retirement home) step in for a surprise he's done as a consistent top tier Center.

I don't think this is true though....

He's highly skilled. Pau has the type of game which will be good as he ages.

Problem is he simply doesn't get enough touches in LA. I think his Spain NT form in olympics show he can still play.

What teams would want him? Don't know... his contract is a major issue. Most teams can't afford it with massive luxury tax penalties

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Gasol is acceptable on attack but hes a huge liability on defence.

Id trade Gasol+Metta for Batum+JJ Hickson

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
"How are boston winning without their star?!"!"

Here's a hint... he's NOT a star, nor is he that good. Boston's record has been better in 38 games without rondo than with him.

If you wanna know why one of most stat and analytic-centric front offices (boston... keep in mind, most of it originated from MIT, in their backyard) has been shopping Rondo for players like Curry who are deemed 'worse' by mainstream media.... it's because they know he's not as good as them. He's 'good' but nothing special

Gasol is acceptable on attack but hes a huge liability on defence.

Id trade Gasol+Metta for Batum+JJ Hickson

But portland would not....lol

What's the incentive for portland to take 2 much older players with much higher salary?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Michael Jordan is turning 50 in a week

makes me feel soooo old, :lol:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Because it will make them stronger.

btw Rondo= starting allstar. Curry= didnt even make the allstar. just sayin

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Because it will make them stronger.

btw Rondo= starting allstar. Curry= didnt even make the allstar. just sayin

yao ming, voted all star every year when he didn't play

jeremy lin 3rd most votes as a guard

guess what, people are idiots. By every metric possible, Curry helps you win games much more than Rondo. Boston's own front office agrees

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
ok comparing Yao ming and Lin for whom entire China is voting, to Rondo is simply ridiculous. Rondo is special.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
ok comparing Yao ming and Lin for whom entire China is voting, to Rondo is simply ridiculous. Rondo is special.

nah, he's not

his limitations make him a highly overrated player. The results don't lie

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
KG for Bledsoe/DeAndre is a fascinating trade rumor. I can tell you 2 teams that don't want that trade to happen: OKC and Miami.

God that better not happen. KG would turn Clippers into a legit title contender. He'd fit perfectly with CP3, Blake and give them that added presense.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
nah, he's not

his limitations make him a highly overrated player. The results don't lie

yes he cant shoot well, we know. yet no other playmaker in the league can do some of the stuff he does.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yes he cant shoot well, we know. yet no other playmaker in the league can do some of the stuff he does.

problem is.... he overpasses.

he's selfish.

An example of a high iq playmaker is CP3, guy always makes right decision, if he has the shot he takes it, if he doesn't he passes, he sets everyone up

Rondo doesnt do that, and makes him painfully predictable.

according to one scout interviewed by Marc Stein, Rondo was "playing for steals and assists sometimes instead of making the winning play or the easier play or defending his guy like he should."

See DRose, can't really shoot, Westbrook is erratic as fuck, but they also get to free throw line a lot and make em. Rondo is afraid of free throws so you're stuck with a player who doesnt shoot or really attack.

-

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player, i just happen to not see a guy who is a top 10 pg. Even if he is possibly the best passer, and has potential to be, he doesn't play winning basketball consistently.

It's not the lack of shooting which bugs me, as much as it's total lack of bbiq. You know Kidd is one of my favs and guy couldn't shoot till he ewas like 35 :lol:

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
went to a basketball game this evening. the atmophesre was pretty cool.

sold out, about 4000 people in a newly open arena (this fall).

edit-

Fotografie0069.jpg

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I'm watching Pacers vs Bulls.
George is a beast. How come Senatore, he's never mentioned to the best in the league. What's your opinion on him? This Pacers team looks young they may be good in the future. I was expecting more from Hibbert, but I think he's stuck the same player as he was two years ago. or he's just getting worse.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chandler :proud: best center in the league this season.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm watching Pacers vs Bulls.
George is a beast. How come Senatore, he's never mentioned to the best in the league. What's your opinion on him? This Pacers team looks young they may be good in the future. I was expecting more from Hibbert, but I think he's stuck the same player as he was two years ago. or he's just getting worse.

I mentioned george a few pages back.

I love George's game, always have. Defensive beast. All around good offensive player. I don't think he'll be a big time scorer though. Maybe more like a Deng, Iguodala type player (which of course is very useful)

Indiana is lacking something though. Lot of nice pieces but missing 'the guy' if you will. Hibberts been straight up bad

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
playing houston tonight.

first time we'll see houston this year (out of 4 total match ups). Kind of excited and scared.

Houston's one of most exciting teams to watch. They are dangerous. Type of team who can beat anyone.

Rough 4 games in 5 nights...

Houston, OKC... day off, san antonio, memphis.

ouch

Andre13

Primavera
Reaction score
I mentioned george a few pages back.

I love George's game, always have. Defensive beast. All around good offensive player. I don't think he'll be a big time scorer though. Maybe more like a Deng, Iguodala type player (which of course is very useful)

Indiana is lacking something though. Lot of nice pieces but missing 'the guy' if you will. Hibberts been straight up bad

Hibbert being bad depends on how you view it, yes - he's not worth max money and yes, he has been mediocre on offense, but he is the anchor of the 1# defense in the league. Advanced statistics support the statement that he has been one of the best defensive players in the league this season, thus, Indiana wouldn't be as impressive without him.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hibbert being bad depends on how you view it, yes - he's not worth max money and yes, he has been mediocre on offense, but he is the anchor of the 1# defense in the league. Advanced statistics support the statement that he has been one of the best defensive players in the league this season, thus, Indiana wouldn't be as impressive without him.

no you're right there. I mean he's regressed on offense.

George has been best defensive player on team, followed by hibbert. REally all of them have been above average

the best defensive impact player has ben marc gasol

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
HOLY SHIT. Most insane first half ever. We're down 77-62 to Houston

Both teams shooting lights out. Houston is running us out of the gym. The pass and space and run so well. 21 assists in a half is unheard of. We have 18 which is also insane

Turn it on

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nah, I waited all season for Kobe vs. JJ :)

Schedule