Week 19: Milan - Atalanta 23/01/2021 18:00 CET

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
This is the third hardest game this season after Juve and Inter.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
After they humiliated us 5-0 it was catalyst for our improvement. Let's show to the world tomorrow that we are definitely back with convincing victory.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hauge has not been on pair with Brahim Diaz and Saelemaekers, and definitely not with Leao, Hakan and Rebic.

He is atm ?on a race with Samu Castillejo?

Okay genius boy.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
tantalis, let me do the awards honour this thread. i need to redeem myself. I smell alot of trouble this time around

cKGvfyO.gif

Can I still trust you with such a responsibility? I wonder.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I am at work at that time, but I will definitely find a way to watch it.
I refuse to miss matches on this potentially scudetto winning season

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Good time to revisit this. I remember we dominated the game and Ibra gave them a really hard time. We basically played long ball to him all game. We should have won even with the likes of Biglia and Laxalt. We've improved immensely since then, and i'd argue they've stagnated. We really should win this.

It's a great example of why I don't rate Gabbia. Look at their goal. He had enough time to realize that Calabria needs help, but he just stood there frozen, only to try to react when it's too late.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Good time to revisit this. I remember we dominated the game and Ibra gave them a really hard time. We basically played long ball to him all game. We should have won even with the likes of Biglia and Laxalt. We've improved immensely since then, and i'd argue they've stagnated. We really should win this.

It's a great example of why I don't rate Gabbia. Look at their goal. He had enough time to realize that Calabria needs help, but he just stood there frozen, only to try to react when it's too late.
This is too harsh. This was his first start after Roma got injured against the form team in serie a. And even in that goal situation, he did extremely well to close down the other player and blocked his shot twice. He should have gone after zapata faster I agree. But I also think Donna should have saved it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Its today omg

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Just saw that Pioli is considering to put Meite as an attacking midfielder instead of Diaz.

Pioli is awesome. Diaz certainly won't be here next season .Also physicality of Meite will be useful to track Atalanta's defenders.Diaz can enter in second half, where his trickery could be more useful. Our winter signing and width of the bench,man it's beautiful to see. Next month inshallah all player will be ready,and Pioli will have sweet concerns who to play.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Just saw that Pioli is considering to put Meite as an attacking midfielder instead of Diaz.

Pioli is awesome. Diaz certainly won't be here next season .Also physicality of Meite will be useful to track Atalanta's defenders.Diaz can enter in second half, where his trickery could be more useful. Our winter signing and width of the bench,man it's beautiful to see. Next month inshallah all player will be ready,and Pioli will have sweet concerns who to play.

Important training news revealed by Peppe Di Stefano to Sky Sport 24. Soualhio Meite is a strong candidate for a starting shirt, but not in midfield, but as a central playmaker in the triptych behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Pioli's choice would be dictated by the desire to put more physicality between the lines and also to give stronger pressure to Atalanta's game constructors. So, bench for Brahim Diaz who will be useful during the race in progress.

I like it.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

I like it.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We do not start shit with anyone in the match day thread

That includes VS.

Thank you, sir
Classy General , classy.

About the game my only wish is not seeing Samu in such an important game.
What are the chances of Mandz RW ?
Is it too soon to unleash the RIM ?

Oh , news of Meite AM ....
The balls on Pioli man if that happened.
One thing about Diaz that i dont like is how easily he is pushed off the ball.
He is like a teen playing with men.
I think this its always gonna be a problem playing him AM.
I want him tried as RW where the above problem is less damaging.

Last edited:

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Ibra hattrick please with Leao with the 3 assists and Kessie to score a penalty

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Also gives us an option for RW on the bench since Salemaekers is suspended

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
#Sky Probable line-up:

Meite could start as a trequartista.

Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Kalulu, Theo; Tonali, Kessie; Castillejo, Meite, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Leao + Meite means Pioli is looking for dribbling & direct play vs Atalanta.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao + Meite means Pioli is looking for dribbling & direct play vs Atalanta.

Not really, Brahim gives us just as much dribbling potential. The change with Meite is for physicality and to avoid too many easy turnovers since they can outmuscle Brahim in the middle zones.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Samu starting against Atalanta so there would be a lot of cursing from yours truly.
So plotted a "hun must check on your parents" master plan....... mission accomplished, wife n kid MIA.
You need to think ahead be one step ahead of the enemy who basically is everyone during a Milan game.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really think we're possibly the worst team in Serie A for Atalanta to face. We can match them physically in the middle (especially with Meite replacing Hakan), we have the best long ball option in Zlatan, we have Leao attacking the space on the left latching onto second balls, we don't allow for overloads on the right since Castillejo is very disciplined and we have the best goalkeeper in the world. They don't have a dedicated RW, and I doubt Ilicic will be bothered to mark him all game, so Theo will have freedom to start his engine without pressure every time. If Hateboer is marking Theo then Leao is free to run at Toloi. Choose your poison.

They'll try to attack us down our left hoping to pin Theo back, so expect Kessie to be much more conservative to protect him, especially since it's Leao on the left. I'm usually worried about one thing or another in these big games, but this time I really think that we should be winning this. We've rested more than them, we have a good 11 and options on the bench, and we can exploit their weaknesses and limit their threats. Really looking forward to a good game by Milan.

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Unibet says Atalanta are the favourites! 3.15 quote for Milan.
Free money boys.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Schedule