Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

Ilgenio

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Gattuso, Ancelotti, Stam, Seedorf, Kaladze, Weah, Vucinic
Red&Black--Lion said:
I miss Stam :( , everyone was afraid of him :D

He was great _o_ Respect to him

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Gattuso, Simic, Boban, Seedorf, Maldini
Boban is a candidate for president of Croatian Football Federation and I hope he will get this spot because he deserves it.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
ilgenio@serbia said:
Riva was one of the best players in those days....the main problem had been-and also is today ANCELLOTTI!!!he's 70's football couldn't fir Rivaldo in our squad...justi imagine what would have some wuality coach as foe example Hiddink done with those players...Rivaldo...Seedorf...Rui Costa...Inzaghi....Sheva... and we almost lost our CL even if had been absolutely the best squad in the UNIVERSE!!!i love riva and i still watch him today...he's unbelievable...pure talent and magic...for me...he's way better than
Ronaldinho....(of course not now i'm talking about Barca Rivaldo)...And don't forget that Riva every important played on the highest level....

I agree with you pal... he was a class act and formed one class ( at least on paper) partnership with Kluivert and Figo at Barca... I would give him the higher credit for the World Cup 2002 victory for Brazil more than the top scorer Ronaldo....ok Ronaldo poached in a few goals... but it was Rivaldo who got them out of a fix against Turkey with his acting skills coming to use along with his penalty taking skills... and again against Belgium and then again againsat the only tough team they faced, England(almost tough!)..Rivaldo scored a coolly finished goal and then again in the final too...one quick snap shot and one neat step over...and the trophy went to South America....

Massive talent bag.... no circus tricks like Ronaldinho...one dribble which gave him just enough time to cross/shoot/chip.

a Class Act....whatever may be the reason its was Milan's poor luck we could not use his talents to the fullest....

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Red&Black--Lion said:
I miss Stam :( , everyone was afraid of him :D

did a very good job did Stam in the season he was here... i remmbr a few games in particular like last year semi-finals he played RB against Barca to tackle Ronaldinho and he did pretty well...Ronaldinho didnt have any effect till the oment he switched to the centre and in one moment of magic (and in one of Dida's numerous failures to gaurd the near post) Milan were down 0-1...

but he was always good....gave it his all... was a good gamble by Milan to buy his at that age...!!!...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
How's RJ and Martin Laursen going?

Still fighting to get a bench spot?

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
San Paolo said:

I know Laursen still belongs to Aston Villa, but he is ALWAYS injured now, he has played very few times since he left us. Also saw an interview not long ago where he slagging everyone at Milan because he says he didn't get enough games whilst playing for us, and he wasn't treated with respect. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
pippoinzag}{i said:
I know Laursen still belongs to Aston Villa, but he is ALWAYS injured now, he has played very few times since he left us. Also saw an interview not long ago where he slagging everyone at Milan because he says he didn't get enough games whilst playing for us, and he wasn't treated with respect. Sounds like bullshit to me.
I've already mentioned it here, but at one point an Aston Villa fan told me laursen is the best centre-back of Europe. I started laughing and the next thing he got injured so I couldn't chwck him out. But I trust my source that he plays fine for Villa if he's fit.

will

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta.
the player i most miss is rui costa :proud: does he play in portugal or .......... :conf: :conf: :conf:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
will said:
the player i most miss is rui costa :proud: does he play in portugal or .......... :conf: :conf: :conf:
benfica

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The best football blog had a piece on Gullit that I thought placing here thought it's not 100% about the thread.

“Any dog called Gullit must be something special”
May 22nd, 2007

To the relief of all football fans, Ruud Gullit has finally shared his opinion on the most important football story of the moment. Jose Mourinho’s dog.

He told the Guardian, in a “big interview” today, “I did like the idea that he had named his dog after me. It didn’t matter that it was very tiny. If Jose’s dog is called Gullit then I understand why it is so precious to him. Any dog called Gullit must be something special.”

The Dutch maestro does of course mention the Champions League Final, and like Alan Hansen on the BBC, he backs his former club. The former Chelsea and Newcastle manager has high praise for Silvio Berlusconi, a man rarely praised within football and in the pages of the left-leaning Guardian.

“The state of the club had not been so good before Berlusconi took over but he brought organisation and vision. He was responsible for everything and Berlusconi himself actually signed me. As soon as I met him I could sense a chance to do something unbelievable with a club. He started something then, a Milan legacy, because this guy has been there 20 years and the club has won something like 25 trophies [including seven Serie A and four Champions League titles]. Milan has greatness now.”

(It could be argued that this “legacy” and “greatness” has helped Milan progress to the final this year, with a fairly average side in comparison to other Milan teams that have lifted the premier trophy in Europe.)

Gullit was Berlusconi’s first transfer coup after he became Milan President in 1986. The Dutch triumvirate of Frank Rijkaard, Marco van Basten and Gullit rejuvenated the Rossoneri. As a tribute to this great side, and in anticipation of a mouth-watering final tomorrow night, here are three of Milan’s greatest performances from an era where they swept all before them in the late 80s and early 90s:

AC Milan 5 – Real Madrid 0 (1989 European Cup semi-final, second-leg) Having drawn the away leg 1-1, Milan convincingly brushed aside Madrid with goals from Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Gullit, Van Basten and Donadoni. Gullit comments in the Guardian interview: “Against Madrid it was like feeling something great burst out of you and afterwards we were so determined it would not just happen once.”

AC Milan 4 – Steaua Bucharest 0 (1989 European Cup final) For those of us who saw Gullit play in England in a much deeper role, this video shows what a good finisher he was. In front of 97,000 fans both Gullit and Van Basten scored twice. Paolo Maldini, who is expected to start tomorrow night, played left-back.

AC Milan 4 – Barcelona 0 (1994 European Cup final) This was the last time the European Cup Final was staged in Athens. Patrick Barclay described this in the Sunday Telegraph as “the greatest performance I have ever seen from a club side.” The three Dutchmen had all left or retired and with Baresi suspended Maldini led from the back. Desailly, Savicevic and Boban were outstanding in midfield. The lethal Barca attack of Stoichkov and Romario were virtually anonymous. Massaro bagged a brace and Savicevic and Desailly added two more, the game was over after an hour.

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
San Paolo said:

yeah i think so..
m.laursen desperately need a first team..
ahahah..
better he go to serie C club..
maybe got chance to become first team..
ghhahaha

Reaction score
dejan savicevic

my absolute favourite player ever. so many great matches in the european cup. i was only 7 years old but i remember watching milan win the european cup in 1994.

does anyone know which european cup matches savicevic took part in for milan? i know it can't have been that many coz he was hardly used in the 92/93 season and early 93/94 season and missed the early part of the 94/95 season coz of injuries and of course the final.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Somebody want to merge this with the Ex-Milan Players thread, please?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Somebody want to merge this with the Ex-Milan Players thread, please?
Savicevic is a legend who has earned his own thread but predicting how much discussion there'sgoing to be I guess it's better to merge:)

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Costacurta is now celebrating with the rest of the team :)

1899vladimir

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Nesta, Pato, Savicevic,Maldini,Pirlo,Weah, Franco Baresi
I miss them all weah, savicevic, boban, bierhoff, contra, marco simone, albertini, leonardo, redondo
and where is jean pierre papin
:)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Anyone remember Rossi? I was too young to appreciate his effort, but damn he was a great keeper...:proud:

rossi1.jpg

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
San Paolo said:

How come Milan players are stinking on the bench :mad:

and yes , Can i steal your signature?

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
MilanoMike said:
Anyone remember Rossi? I was too young to appreciate his effort, but damn he was a great keeper...:proud:

rossi1.jpg
well he is having a lot of problems now i think...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Can you be more specific please? I also remember Bierhoff, he was great at Ascoli and Udinese; and remarkably continued his form with us. :proud:

bhieroff20.jpg

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
It hurts to see Jose Mari doing so well at Villareal after just sitting around while he was with us for 2 years. :mad:

josemary11.jpg

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well i was talking for this kind of problems :D
Sebastiano Rossi accusato di lesioni, minacce e sequestro
Il portiere dei record del Milan anni Novanta (929 minuti di imbattibilità nella stagione '93-94') torna a far parlare di sè, ma non per questioni sportive: sarebbe accusato di minacce gravi con porto di armi improprie, lesioni, ingiurie e sequestro di persona con tentata violenza privata.

La vicenda risalirebbe a due anni fa, quando un ragazzo di Cesenatico si sarebbe rivolto alle forze dell'ordine per presunte lesioni non gravi subite da Sebastiano Rossi.

Le indagini sono coordinate dal sostituto procuratore della Repubblica di Forlì, Fabio Di Vizio, e condotte dal nucleo operativo e radiomobile della compagnia dei carabinieri di Cesenatico agli ordini del sottotenente Pasqualina Frisio.

Per Sebastiano Rossi e il suo 'complice' pare ci sia l'accusa di minacce anche con armi, nello specifico un bastone e un coltello. La vicenda avrebbe un risvolto 'sentimentale': pare infatti che Rossi fosse innamorato di una ragazza che lavorava nel bar di Cesena da lui appena rilevato. Avrebbe poi costretto tre ragazze a rimanere nel bar per qualche ora, al fine di 'estorcere' loro il numero di telefono di un ragazzo che aveva una relazione con la giovane di cui si era invaghito.

Pare comunque che gli episodi di violenza privata si allarghino anche ad altre circostanze al vaglio degli inquirenti. Rossi è stato denunciato a piede libero

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanoMike said:
It hurts to see Jose Mari doing so well at Villareal after just sitting around while he was with us for 2 years. :mad:

josemary11.jpg
hey he is doing well? i think he is not playing at all :D

Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
Can you be more specific please? I also remember Bierhoff, he was great at Ascoli and Udinese; and remarkably continued his form with us. :proud:

bhieroff20.jpg

hi there.

oliver bierhoff is the manager of the german national football team.he has been for 3-4 years and he`s been very succesfull,cause he knew how to handle the sometimes old fashioned DFB(german football association )Bierhoff backed Klinsmann,who had new training ideas and wanted a attacking team playing attractive football.
he is also the only footballer i know who has a business degree....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0by7Bl-vGQ

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
MilanoMike said:

bhieroff20.jpg
Oli Bierhoff was great during his time in Italy, not only in Milan. I believe he was the top scorer in season 97/98 with Udinese that prompted Milan to buy him. He's one of few foreign players who can scored 100 serie A goals during his stint in Serie A and he achieved that feat after scoring a hattrick in the last game of the (if not mistaken) 03/04 season where he was playing for Chievo.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
gaizka22 said:
Oli Bierhoff was great during his time in Italy, not only in Milan. I believe he was the top scorer in season 97/98 with Udinese that prompted Milan to buy him. He's one of few foreign players who can scored 100 serie A goals during his stint in Serie A and he achieved that feat after scoring a hattrick in the last game of the (if not mistaken) 03/04 season where he was playing for Chievo.
That's right it was the last game, it was against Juve.

Saarlane

Primavera
Reaction score
What about Comandini - the guy who scored two goals in a memorable game against Inter? Even Wikipedia in Italian writes so little about him.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saarlane said:
What about Comandini - the guy who scored two goals in a memorable game against Inter? Even Wikipedia in Italian writes so little about him.
he has ended his career last year `cause of a lot of injuries, he is only 29 :head:
Comandini scored only two goals in his career for Milan and both in Derby :)