Alessandro Nesta Thread

DaMan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Me, myself and I + my kids parents
Are you mad? Or are you just kidding yourself? Nesta has been our best defender this season. The performance vs Barcelona should shut up any talk of people doubting his current quality.

Was our best defender vs Juve as well. We lost the plot when he went off and eventually conceded twice.

Nesta's brain is clearly underrated by some over here. His game never relies on physicality. It's about organization and reading the game. Surely age takes its toll a bit, but he's still one of the best defenders around and will continue to be until he calls it a day.

Nesta is still first name on the team-sheet to me.

Sad to say but his age is really starting to show.
When Mexes is fit to play, Nesta should join the bench.
I also expect this to be his last season....
We must get a younger squad asap....

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Are you mad? Or are you just kidding yourself? Nesta has been our best defender this season. The performance vs Barcelona should shut up any talk of people doubting his current quality.

Was our best defender vs Juve as well. We lost the plot when he went off and eventually conceded twice.

Nesta's brain is clearly underrated by some over here. His game never relies on physicality. It's about organization and reading the game. Surely age takes its toll a bit, but he's still one of the best defenders around and will continue to be until he calls it a day.

If you cant see that Sandro nesta is at the end of his rope I question your knowledge of football.

Zidane,figo are retired for a reason. If you gave them training they would still look like class, but they both realise they do not have it to keep up on day to day basis and rather than sully there legendary status, they bowed out gracefully.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Nesta aint retiring till atleast 2013. And we should be grateful. Least of our problems.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Nesta aint retiring till atleast 2013. And we should be grateful. Least of our problems.

Well thats good for him.

least of our problems because there is no quality in our squad period. There's only about 3 players in our current squad that could hold a starting place in one of the worlds top clubs and none are senetores.

And thats the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Still Nesta been our best defender so far, he is of course is shadow of himself being at prime, but this just reveals what a crazy good defender he is. A shadow of himself Nesta - still one of the top defenders. Maybe not top ten, but definitely would make top 20. You'd hardly find an upgrade for our CB position, but if we do, we should still keep Nesta as a back up CB.

Our priority is midfield, which is nothing more than an avarage mid table team's CM. Also Abbiati looks very worrying, becoming mistakes prone.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I'd follow Nesta into battle, he's a leader and he leads our defence like a general. Age is but a number.

TS33

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I completely agree however there was a moment during the first half where Nesta had to pull on a Juventus player's shirt in order to stop them (I can't remember who). That, to me, is a sign that unfortunately he is slowing down and it's very sad to see... although very inevitable. Back in the day you just know he would've closed them down with some crazy, super ridiculous and ultra classy tackle. Now it's resorting to grabbing the shirt.

Still, I am very grateful that he still continues to play, especially after the injury scare a few years back.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
post-76-1173131534.jpg

My all time fav. Milan pic :proud::proud::proud:

So much talent, so graceful and sexy. Just amazing :star::star::star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I find it incredible that some people underestimate Nesta's continuing value to Milan.

As his physical decline continues, he could easily step back and become less active in order to avoid personal humiliation. Look at the games against Juventus and Barcelona: both teams played without a fixed CF, and Nesta could have simply sat back in the defensive line and left Vucinic/Messi to be someone else's problem.

But he didn't do that, because he's not a coward. Instead of hiding, he takes responsibility. Like all great players, he plays on the front foot, and seeks to use his ability and intelligence to impose himself on the game. In doing so he risks being made to look foolish, but he's more interested in helping his team than merely avoiding blame or protecting his own reputation.

Against Barcelona, when Messi and others found space between midfield and defence, Nesta repeatedly moved out into the space between the lines. Against Juventus, he tracked Vucinic all the way into the midfield and made a concerted effort to win the ball earlier, so that Milan wouldn't be pinned down on their own 18-yard line. These were moves that left Nesta exposed, but they were moves that were sorely needed by a struggling team. So he stepped up.

There's no substitute for that kind of leadership. Fuck anyone who disrespects Nesta.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His performance against Barca should pretty much silence any doubts about him, he will need to be replaced in the near future, and all the injuries he's had will probably shorten his career slightly. But for now, he's still one of the best CB's around. It helps that he has Silva alongside him, somebody so athletic takes the stress off of Nesta a little.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I find it incredible that some people underestimate Nesta's continuing value to Milan.

As his physical decline continues, he could easily step back and become less active in order to avoid personal humiliation. Look at the games against Juventus and Barcelona: both teams played without a fixed CF, and Nesta could have simply sat back in the defensive line and left Vucinic/Messi to be someone else's problem.

But he didn't do that, because he's not a coward. Instead of hiding, he takes responsibility. Like all great players, he plays on the front foot, and seeks to use his ability and intelligence to impose himself on the game. In doing so he risks being made to look foolish, but he's more interested in helping his team than merely avoiding blame or protecting his own reputation.

Against Barcelona, when Messi and others found space between midfield and defence, Nesta repeatedly moved out into the space between the lines. Against Juventus, he tracked Vucinic all the way into the midfield and made a concerted effort to win the ball earlier, so that Milan wouldn't be pinned down on their own 18-yard line. These were moves that left Nesta exposed, but they were moves that were sorely needed by a struggling team. So he stepped up.

There's no substitute for that kind of leadership. Fuck anyone who disrespects Nesta.

excellent
+1

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nesta cant be doubted,not after what he did against Barcelona.He didnt so well against Lazio and allot of people were questioning him.The whole world was watching and there was some fear inside of me that he would get outclassed because of his age.Well what can i say,he fucked those midgets(including Messi)and gave everyone who doubted him a big middle finger.

Forza Nesta per sempre.Makes me sad to see such a legend play next to shit like Bonera.When the match is over it should be Bonera who walks to Nesta and asks him to trade shirts lolz.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Great post :thumbsup:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag

Great post :beer:

The man is slowing, but his legend shouldn't. Thiago would be half the player he is but for Sandro. We're lucky to have a guy of his class. :Respect:

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva

This is the best goddamn post in a generation. I actually had the urge to salute after reading it. :star:

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.

Well written. I was actually moved.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

:star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

omg, Calum. You almost gave me a boner there...

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Agree with all of this. Nesta is the best defender I've ever seen. 8 people have quoted this already :lol:

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

I'd like to have you as my second wife.

Or concubine.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

one of the few players in Milan worth respecting :thumbsup:

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

+ infinity :proud::star:

edit: This post deserves to be in the golden posts thread.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

12-th quote. :thumbsup:

-e- post fixed thanks to S.B.W

Last edited:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score

Great post :thumbsup:

13th :cool:

Last edited:

Fiero

Reaction score

Great post.

Meanwhile, I heard this: "Messi once entered the bedroom of a girl with whom he hoped to score. The girl tells him to get comfortable and she leaves the room to go freshen up. To her amazement, when she returns, she finds him lying on the bed completely nude with two other naked guys and shouts; "WHAT'S GOING ON?"...Smiling Messi calmly replies: "I am sorry dear, but I can't perform without Xavi and Iniesta!"

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll jump on the bandwagon too. I think Carragher's a good example for your point, he's always Liverpool's deepest player on the pitch. That way he doesn't get raped for pace. Nesta is not Carragher of course, he was so high up the pitch against Juve that his average position was almost the same as Bonera and Zambrotta's:

11vpt9k.png