A.C.M want Davids back ?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Milan want Davids back
(well - acmilan-online.com)

Edgar Davids could be on the verge of a shock move to former club Milan, according to reports.
The Gazzetta dello Sport is today suggesting that the Rossoneri are keen on the midfielder who will be available on a free transfer in the summer.
The Dutchman is currently on loan at Barcelona from Juventus, but his Bianconeri deal expires in a matter of months.
The 31-year-old started his Italian career with Milan in 1996 after he joined from Ajax. But he had an unhappy two-year stint at the San Siro before a move to Turin.
Davids does have a number of admirers across Europe. Barca would like to keep him even if Chelsea, Roma and Inter are all known to be keen.
But Milanhave suddenly joined the chase as they look to add another ‘free’ player to their squad after similar moves in the past.
After all, the Rossoneri have brought in Marcos Cafu, Giuseppe Pancaro and Jon Dahl Tomasson in recent times without paying a transfer fee.
Davids hiself has admitted that he has numerous offers on the table which have left the door open for a summer switch.
"The first thing I will do is consider Barca’s offer," the midfielder has stated recently. "But there are other sides interested in my signature too."
The international was also asked to comment on rumours that his present club are set to sign David Trezeguet from Juventus.
"Some people believe that it is a certainty," he explained. "Yet I know nothing about it at all."

Nah' we don't need a 31-year old midfielder.
Yea Rui will leave us for Benfica at the end of the season,
but I'm pretty sure that Davids wouldn't fit in the squad
for one more time. Let's bring VDV or even my man Giuly right after our maestro leaves the squad :- )

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
No, we do not need Davids (we have Gattuso) anymore, he is too old. Besides that he takes too much (red) cards. Always disadvantages the team.

Il Re dell' Est

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Rui Costa
you are wright barremans he takes to many cards !

Je hebt gelijk. :D

Forza Milan
Foza Sheva
Forza Rui

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Although I have a high opinion of Davids I think he will not be wearing the red and black jersey next season.First becouse there is no place for him in the starting line up and I think that he does not want to be a sub.He can't play in Pirlo's role also he can't play in Gatusso's role and I also prefer Seedorf over him.So I think that this is another silly rumor

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
I think he's a great player and Juve fucked up big style by playing silly mind games with him this season.

He's getting on somewhat but he's also free and my opinion is "more the merrier" when it comes to great players.

They'll be more league games to play next year and we're going to need a couple more players.

While I like Emerson, there is simply no room for him at Milan without dropping any of our best players.

I would welcome Davids. We have a great first eleven now. All we need now are quality replacements for that first eleven.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
savicevic10 said:
I think he's a great player and Juve fucked up big style by playing silly mind games with him this season.

He's getting on somewhat but he's also free and my opinion is "more the merrier" when it comes to great players.

They'll be more league games to play next year and we're going to need a couple more players.

While I like Emerson, there is simply no room for him at Milan without dropping any of our best players.

I would welcome Davids. We have a great first eleven now. All we need now are quality replacements for that first eleven.[/quote

Id like him if he doesnt take games away from Gattuso and Pirlo.]

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Firstly, I actually somewhat believe this rumour. I know Davids has just bought property in Milan and I also think that it is a signing that Milan would do. Ancelotti loves him and he's free.

We need more players certainly, as well as more games next season, we have been exceptionally fortunate this season with injuries compared with our rivals. We cannot count on that next season.

He is left footed which we don't have many and he can readily replace any of our starters if needed. He might be signed as a reserve but in reality he will end up playing enough games for it not to be an issue with him (as in the case of Rivaldo).

All the other, younger players around (like Ballack) would not do as their is simply no place for them and it would unsettle the team. I think Davids experience would work well.

I've always been an advocate for younger players, but really I never thought we would be where we are and playing as we are. They know what they're doing at Milan nowadays. I can see this being a possibility and I support it.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
i believe it's just another sill, damn, crap... roumor. really david's would never come back to italy especially now that he's 31 he doesen't need new experience in Italy. second two italian club's Milan and Juve dumped him. he's doing very well in spain and barca want's to keep him, and he said earlier that he loves the city, the leauge, fans everyone. even if barca would not want him i'am sure that chelsea would land him or any other club's perhap's Real Madrid in my opinion they need him mostly. but to those who want to see Davids again in the red and black jersey there's a little bit of hope knowing that Seedorf and Stam would do anything to convince him to put again pen and paper for the great Red and Black club :devil2: . he's on free so it would be really good to get him, i mean why not more quality player's bring's you more quality in your squad and it help's the injured player's and favour's the rotation system. anyway even though if some of us like him at milan chances are very low seeing him again with us.

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't think Davids wants to come back to Milan, especially when there are so many other teams that would guarantee him regular football in the first team. The reason he left Juve was because he wasn't starting, now why would he want to come back to a club he didn't like being a part of and would have to compete for a spot with Pirlo, Gattuso, and Ambrosini. And plus... even if by some bizzare chance he did join Milan, imagine how much partying he would do with Seedorf... that cant be good for the team. :D :head:

PS. ...RUMORS!!!!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
This is too funny. This site you guys frequent......understand that during slow news days, they will come up with anything.

I usually do not post on these, however....this is just too irresistable to pass up. We have a better chance of Rijkaard returning than Davids. (Notice how keen I am to include two former, yet Catalan based Milan representatives......"Donnie pats himself on the back").

Man....I am living proof that some people are wise.....and some people are otherwise.

Print it....my homosapien friends.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Juve have fucked them self up this season by not fielding Davids and for loaning him out to Barca. Davids was one of their absolutte best players, a very important character in the Juve squad indeed. But the morrons decided to get rid of him.. :D

I don't think that we need Davids, as we already have Rino and Ambro in our squad, as well as Brocchi who's a worthy back-up. Davids is 31 years and he's not gettin' any younger and he also wants an enormous wage, I really don't see no reason for us to bring him back to San Siro...

Reaction score
no no no!
we dont need him at all..we have pirlo,ambro and gatu when davids will play?
let him play at barca, taking the champio from real is better ;)

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hate Edgar Davids ! I hope I never see him in Milan anymore. He is so agressive, hard headed that takes bunch of cards in a season.
He can run as a horse 90 minutes in field and someimtes that helpes, but he can have red card in first 10 minutes and screw the game for you.

Davids stay far from Milan plz.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Rossonero_AC said:
I hate Edgar Davids ! I hope I never see him in Milan anymore. He is so agressive, hard headed that takes bunch of cards in a season.
He can run as a horse 90 minutes in field and someimtes that helpes, but he can have red card in first 10 minutes and screw the game for you.

Davids stay far from Milan plz.

Ye that's why we have GENARO! :cool:

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
no!!
Milan don't need him!
Yes for Giuly instead of Rui costa!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
walid said:
no!!
Milan don't need him!
Yes for Giuly instead of Rui costa!

Yeah Giuly would adapt quickly ..if Galliani get him it would be perfect..

Reaction score
:) :) :) Just one more rumour without valid grounds... Therefore I won't comment it.. Just think - why would he want to come back to Italy to sit on the bench, to a club where he totally failed??? :rolleyes:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
I know that this probably is a rumour which is totally made up from nothing (but it was in a Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf). However I wouldn't say no to a transfer. First of all every time Gattuso falls out, we have troubles in the midfield. He's the one who captures balls but isn't very technical as you see most of the time.

Davids on the other hands is not only a Pitbull (or a Rino in Gattuso's case) but also a midfielder who can give out great passes. Something you would almost never see Gattuso do. However Davids is a player with a lot of flair, wants to make everything beautiful. And that's what sometimes irritates me. But if you see him play for Barcelona every game, you'll see that he's still a player who can play in the top.

And I wouldn't mind having him rotate with Gattuso so that he can have some rest too and be fit for the next game. Next thing you know he'll get a burnout ( :tongue: ). He does demand a huge wage if he comes, I read that his demanded wage for Barcelona will be the highest at Camp Nou. Nobody is fond of high wages and that will also make some people here mad. And Stam is gonna make €11M in 2 years, I'm sure we can cough up the money for Davids (which was approximately €5M per year). Now we do get a name, but an ... 'old one'.

And everybody's sick of getting old 'experienced' players. Stam an example, half wouldn't want him. However we're a team that don't really rely on our youth teams like for example Ajax. We have money, the UEFA will trouble is or something is bound to happen with Roman going on with pumping money in Chelsea. But we do have enough money to buy a player like Davids who can own our midfield. Not saying that Gattuso will become a back up but he'll definitely give something extra to our team. And I don't think he would be signed to rotate with Pirlo, they're two totally different midfielders.

The chance of signing him is slim so we shouldn't make a huge deal of this. He's happy in Barcelona and fits there too. They have the biggest chance of signing him if they can give him the money to persuade him to stay.

To Davids: Yes

t1073711.jpg

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think having david in our team is a bonus,
I dont mind having him in Milan.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
tribalfootball.com said:
Agent confirms AC Milan approach for Barcelona's Davids
tribalfootball.com - March 21, 2004

The agent of Edgar Davids has confirmed the interest of AC Milan in the Barcelona midfielder.
Davids is on-loan at Barca from Juventus and free to move on from Turin at the end of the season when his contract expires.

The Dutchman's agent, Robert Geerlings, told Marca, "It's true Milan wants Edgar for next season, they have confirmed their interest to us already.

"Davids, however, will give priority to Barcelona."

tribalfootball.com said:
AC Milan president hints at Davids move
tribalfootball.com - March 21, 2004

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has hinted he'd be interested in signing Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids.
Asked if he is in the market for Davids and also Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri, Berlusconi replied: "His (Vieri) arrival is not expected because in attack we are very well off.

"Davids? In attack there is no arrival expected, but in the centre-midfield there could be ..."
However the rumours could be true tho.. :rolleyes:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
yeah i heard at yesterdays game , the commentator said that Milan president Silvio Berlusconi said that he may take Davids in Milan .. there is possibility that he may want Vieri at milan as well...

Deporte Uno (plus)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why do I think retirement home again... :o

I fail to see what Davids would be good for. All of you seem to assume that he would content himself with a role as Gattuso's or Pirlo's sub. You must have forgotten that Lippi's decision to strip him of his starting position more or less marked the beginning of Davids' fallout with Juve that culminated in a string of antics (parties in London while allegedly injured or taking care of family affairs, for example) + his subsequent exit from Juve. You also seem to have forgotten that he had some clashes with Milan players in the past (incl. locker room brawls) which contributed to if not triggered his exit from Milan. You also ignore the fact that even if he is available for free he will make huge wage demands, apparently demands which Barcelona (who would like to sign him !) have difficulty to meet, and he will most likely demand a medium-term deal so that in a bad-case scenario, i.e. Davids who is 31 losing the touch quicker than expected, Milan would have recruited a new Rivaldo.

Twist + turn it anyway you want, it still wouldn't make sense... :rolleyes:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reaction score
Davids was allowed to leave because he was too volatile - that has not changed. He would be a liability to Milan, and with the great squad we have, it is an unnecessary risk.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Passion for *9* said:
Why do I think retirement home again... :o

I fail to see what Davids would be good for. All of you seem to assume that he would content himself with a role as Gattuso's or Pirlo's sub. You must have forgotten that Lippi's decision to strip him of his starting position more or less marked the beginning of Davids' fallout with Juve that culminated in a string of antics (parties in London while allegedly injured or taking care of family affairs, for example) + his subsequent exit from Juve. You also seem to have forgotten that he had some clashes with Milan players in the past (incl. locker room brawls) which contributed to if not triggered his exit from Milan. You also ignore the fact that even if he is available for free he will make huge wage demands, apparently demands which Barcelona (who would like to sign him !) have difficulty to meet, and he will most likely demand a medium-term deal so that in a bad-case scenario, i.e. Davids who is 31 losing the touch quicker than expected, Milan would have recruited a new Rivaldo.

Twist + turn it anyway you want, it still wouldn't make sense... :rolleyes:
Yes I can't deny that we want ANOTHER old player in our team. One of many.

But actually I don't think Davids is gonna come only to be a back up for our first 4 on midfield. Yeah Pirlo and Gattuso are doing a hell of a job. But rotating (most likely Gattuso) them would result in a fitter team when it matters most at the end. And I don't think Gattuso would mind playing with a player like Edgar. Plus he can also contribute more than Rino does offensively. I don't know anything about locker room brawls (before my time) but I do know that he always welcomes new players at Oranje (for example: Nigel de Jong) and he always makes jokes with them.

His wage is another thing. Yes he demands a humongous wage, true. But what did Stam want? €11M for 2 years (what I read in a Dutch newspaper), that's €5.5M per year. And what I also read was that Davids wants €5M per year. Now that's a slight difference but also means that we can pay him. And since there's a high chance of winning the Scudetto, it does mean we're gonna get more money than last year when we ended 3rd. And we're progressing along in the Champions League too. However it is very much for an old battling Pitbull. But I would do it.