Cesc Fabregas

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Hasn't the Ibra can't play in a team with creative midfielders discussion been done to death already? He needs to be the creative force, he wouldn't play like the CF Cesc needs to play off of, he's too static and that's also a major reason why he's balls in the CL. Pato could work brilliantly with him, can't see it with Ibra.

Edit: Or just watch his time at Barcelona.

Is Cesc can even categorized as "creative force"?
Sure he send magic ball here and there, but he very direct n not holding ball too long. At least he's very different player than Xavi or Iniesta.

And Nedved can work with Ibra, and he's direct like hell.

Ibra can't work with Zidane, But I think he will doing great with Ballack.

Last edited:

ROSSONERI 4LIFE

Tu 6 tutta la mia vita
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, TSilva, Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Sheva, Pippo, Pato, Ibra, Ganso
90% Barca,10% Milan.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he and Pirlo had a great understanding of each other. In my opinion it wouldnt be an issue because Ibra operates higer up the pitch then Fabregas. But the chance of Fabregas coming to Milan is very slim, on the other hand you could had said the same thing about Ibrahimovic coming to Milan if we would have talked about it last spring. Here is hoping!
Pirlo doesn't move out of the center circle, so they're never really in the same space.

Is Cesc even can categorized as "creative force"?
Sure he send magic ball here and there, but he very direct n not holding ball too long. At least he's very different player than Xavi or Iniesta.

And Nedved can work with Ibra, and he's direct like hell.

Ibra can't work with Zidane, But I think he will doing great with Ballack.
He's nothing like Lampard/Ballack either, if anything he's closer to Riquelme.

He's almost certainly not going to Milan anyway, so this is all irrelevant.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
He's nothing like Lampard/Ballack either, if anything he's closer to Riquelme.

He's almost certainly not going to Milan anyway, so this is all irrelevant.

Well in 2009-2010 season he sure looks like Ballack/Lampard when he seeking more ball to shoot, on that time I thought that's gonna be his real breakthrough for him and his evolution of playing style, but the injuries halt everything I guess.

True, bigger chance Essien that gonna come.

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hasn't the Ibra can't play in a team with creative midfielders discussion been done to death already? He needs to be the creative force, he wouldn't play like the CF Cesc needs to play off of, he's too static and that's also a major reason why he's balls in the CL. Pato could work brilliantly with him, can't see it with Ibra.

Edit: Or just watch his time at Barcelona.

That's just wrong. Sneijder came to Inter after Zlatan's suggestion, and after Zlatan has used a long time trying to convince him to join. They both have stated that they regretted not having been able to play together because Zlatan was sold to Barca when Sneijder finally ended up in Inter. Sneijder said that Zlatan had told him that the strikers play better with a player like Wes behind them, so I don't know where this theory that Zlatan needs to be the only creative force comes from. I think it's just the opposite, the more creative, or you could say football intelligent players he plays with, the happier he seems.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I know, but when you play him like that you lose a lot of what he brings to the game.

Are you an Ibra fan or Milan fan because that makes no sense. He was scoring for fun, didnt have a problem with the team (only that Messi didnt pass to him in return) and the team was winning - but that wasnt good enough for you because Ibra wasnt showing "all he could do" :eek:

Is that your sentiment ????

Its a team game first, sometimes you curb your play for the betterment of the team and other times you delve into your bag when its needed.
BTW I think this is you and not Ibra's thinking (so lets not start the homeboy/hater controversy in this thread)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's just wrong. Sneijder came to Inter after Zlatan's suggestion, and after Zlatan has used a long time trying to convince him to join. They both have stated that they regretted not having been able to play together because Zlatan was sold to Barca when Sneijder finally ended up in Inter. Sneijder said that Zlatan had told him that the strikers play better with a player like Wes behind them, so I don't know where this theory that Zlatan needs to be the only creative force comes from. I think it's just the opposite, the more creative, or you could say football intelligent players, he plays with the happier he seems.

Worked with Xavi and Iniesta at Barca didn't it?

His movement is too poor to work with somebody like Sneijder, Inter wouldn't have won the CL with him, Eto/Milito perfectly fit somebody like Sneijder/Cesc/Barca. You lose a part of Ibra like that because he's just too static.

He doesn't work in the CL because he doesn't move, he just waits for the play to get to him and sees what he can do from there. He was crap in both legs against Spurs.

Are you an Ibra fan or Milan fan because that makes no sense. He was scoring for fun, didnt have a problem with the team (only that Messi didnt pass to him in return) and the team was winning - but that wasnt good enough for you because Ibra wasnt showing "all he could do" :eek:

Is that your sentiment ????

Its a team game first, sometimes you curb your play for the betterment of the team and other times you delve into your bag when its needed.
BTW I think this is you and not Ibra's thinking (so lets not start the homeboy/hater controversy in this thread)
Well surely you want to use every player to the best of there ability? He's not just a simple CF. Of course he scored a lot in Barcelona, Huntelaar would manage comfortably over 20 a season in that Barca team.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
On Cesc, he is nothing like Riquelme imo

Cesc is a combination of Xavi and Scholes (though more slightly physical). I think Cesc could play in any midfield anywhere. The reason I have been hard on him on this forum is because I dont like what I see with him these past seasons because he didnt get his move to Barca. He seems to be sulky and not playing the same way and if he came here the Barca circus would continue the same way the Real one went with Kaka.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Worked with Xavi and Iniesta at Barca didn't it?

His movement is too poor to work with somebody like Sneijder, Inter wouldn't have won the CL with him, Eto/Milito perfectly fit somebody like Sneijder/Cesc/Barca. You lose a part of Ibra like that because he's just too static.

He doesn't work in the CL because he doesn't move, he just waits for the play to get to him and sees what he can do from there. He was crap in both legs against Spurs.

Well surely you want to use every player to the best of there ability? He's not just a simple CF. Of course he scored a lot in Barcelona, Huntelaar would manage comfortably over 20 a season in that Barca team.

I agree with your analysis but then your deduction loses me. His movement is poor and we wouldnt win CL with him - agree

So why would you be against filling the team out for us to win CL if it would diminish Ibra's qualities but allow him to score more and obtain a trophy he hasnt won.

You know Ibra would stil be in Barca if Pep and Messi werent so "small"

Hunter would prob score 40 if they passed him the ball - poor Villa :lol:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with your analysis but then your deduction loses me. His movement is poor and we wouldnt win CL with him - agree

So why would you be against filling the team out for us to win CL if it would diminish Ibra's qualities but allow him to score more and obtain a trophy he hasnt won.

You know Ibra would stil be in Barca if Pep and Messi werent so "small"

Hunter would prob score 40 if they passed him the ball - poor Villa :lol:

My point was that Ibra would have to go IF somebody as good as Fabregas became available, however they're not likely to so for now, just hope the current system finally clicks for him, it can but he's likely too full of himself to listen to his criticisms.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
My point was that Ibra would have to go IF somebody as good as Fabregas became available, however they're not likely to so for now, just hope the current system finally clicks for him, it can but he's likely too full of himself to listen to his criticisms.

Have you seen them play with each other?... No? Didn't think so.

We all know Ibra and his adapting issues but he seems way more passionate about Milan than he did at Barca (Since I live in Sweden, it's pretty hard to miss out on anything he says to the media). I think that Allegri could get Ibra (To be honest, if Ibra has any hopes of attaining the CL-title with us he's going to have to change his style a bit and step up his overall game) to adapt to Fabregas and vice versa.

I stand by what I said earlier though, Fabregas won't join us.. his home is with the diving midgets.

FOLA

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Fabregas leaves Arsenal, he will defiantly return to Barca...
Forget all about him, he is the same type as pirlo, Then why did we left Pirlo in the first place!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
If Fabregas leaves Arsenal, he will defiantly return to Barca...
Forget all about him, he is the same type as pirlo, Then why did we left Pirlo in the first place!

'the same type as pirlo' is one way to subcribe Cesc, but I would by saying he's better in soooooooooo many ways :lol:

I really want Cesc, and didn't he say he likes Milan when it comes to Serie A? GET HIM! :o

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
'the same type as pirlo' is one way to subcribe Cesc, but I would by saying he's better in soooooooooo many ways :lol:

I really want Cesc, and didn't he say he likes Milan when it comes to Serie A? GET HIM! :o

since 2008 i've told myself that the only footballer out there to replace pirlo, is fabregas. while this is most likely untrue, or at the very least, highly debatable it does not take away from the kind of footballer than cesc is. among the names that's been lingering around the rumour mills cesc was the least likely to pop up imo. does this add credibility. well, if you look at it in one way, yes. but in the same light, names that we've been linked to for soooo long, like ganso, have the same credibility, just because we've been linked to the player for such a long time. not to mention we've been hearing of staff flying to south america and back. so you cant rly be sure of anything.

it's already been seen where allegri would've wanted to play pirlo; as a LCM since it was claimed that he wants to field a different type of player in front of defence; bommel or ambrosini. but pirlo's leaving. and to put it simply, fabregas is everything that pirlo is, only better.

younger, more dynamic, stronger, faster and a higher defensive capacity, as he is able to cope very well under pressure (he plays in the EPL, how could he not) even if pirlo now, is able to match or surpass cesc's vision and passing, he'll still lag behind cesc in terms of technical ability and technique. and those things will never get better as pirlo gets older.

prior to pirlo getting injured, i thought he was doing well, in the LCM role... and i cant rly say if zlatan suffered for it though. so if we got a newer better version of pirlo, i cant see how zlatan+fabregas would ever fail. even if zlatan is not compatible with cesc, there'll always be pato that cesc would be able to combine with, not to mention boateng who i wouldnt mind seeing in the CAM role, if the only transfer we see this summer is cesc coming in.

let's see what happens and hope for the best:cool:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I don't want a player whose heart is elsewhere. He wants Farca, let him go there.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't want a player whose heart is elsewhere. He wants Farca, let him go there.

that's a good point, but pirlo's heart was in inter, the team that dumped him. on the eve of his departure, i think it's safe to say that that didnt turn out so badly. call it a cliche argument if you want but it's true. these are big men. when things dont happen the way they want it to, most men dont react like children (a few do). they move on to the next best option as seen by zlatan and robinho. i cant see cesc getting things wrong if he moves to milan, especially under a coach who's basically tamed from zlatan to cassano, literally. cesc is by no means dumb either. he knows a move to barca would kill off his young and potential-laden career, cuz the same midfield that stops him from getting into the Spanish NT is the same one that'll keep him out of the barca starting XI. so in a dilemma like that; being stuck in a team that doesnt win silverware and knowing that you'll never get the chance in the team you dream of playing for, an offer from the scudetto champs would not seem like such a bad idea. at the very least, it'll have you thinking about how possible it would be, and while thinking about that, barca would probably not come to mind. pirlo got over merda. fab will get over the midget army

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Pirlo is a god. You cannot compare mere mortals like Fagrebas with him. :g:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
okay, but i think it took pirlo one transfer to milan, for him to achieve this status you call GOD.:lol::D:D

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

People can change their mind, last summer Pato was reported to be begging Milan management to swap him in the deal with Barca for Ibra, now he's saying he wants to be a Milan idol. Who knows how Cesc would feel once he came here, Guardiola will probably leave Barca within a year or two, and their golden period won't last forever.

We are building for a new era, and as long as we win and compete at the highest level there isn't much you can complain about playing for a club like Milan. We already see how more players want to come here because we made some marquee signings and are winning again.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^

+ 1 not to mention. a move to a club like milan may do well for his career. it can be just the thing he wants to make that jump to the next level. a new scene, a fresh start, new faces, hell, even a new language.

cesc_fabregas_285x380.jpg

a face ready for some silver.

Metronomo Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
People can change their mind, last summer Pato was reported to be begging Milan management to swap him in the deal with Barca for Ibra, now he's saying he wants to be a Milan idol. Who knows how Cesc would feel once he came here, Guardiola will probably leave Barca within a year or two, and their golden period won't last forever.

We are building for a new era, and as long as we win and compete at the highest level there isn't much you can complain about playing for a club like Milan. We already see how more players want to come here because we made some marquee signings and are winning again.

Lol, Ibra fan-boys or fan-girls talking crap again. As far as I could recall, there were hardly any concrete rumours linking pato with barca, sure last summer there were many sources saying that barca were interested in him but so too man city, as well as chelsea.

And as far as I know, Pato only said that if he ever left milan then his first choice would be barca. I just don't see how that translates to him "begging for a transfer to barca":fp::conf:

So please try and get your facts straight before making such silly claims;)

Last edited:

Stranger

Banned
Reaction score
People can change their mind, last summer Pato was reported to be begging Milan management to swap him in the deal with Barca for Ibra, now he's saying he wants to be a Milan idol.

talking out of your ass mam? :lol:

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
L
And as far as I know, Pato only said that if he ever left milan then his first choice would be barca. I just don't see how that translates to him "begging for a transfer to barca":fp::conf:

So please try and get your facts straight before making such silly claims;)

I'm not talking about Pato's statements last fall about Barca, I'm talking about what I read in Catalan newspapers during the transfer, they reported from inside the negotiations and said that Pato was begging to be included in the transfer. I didn't claim any facts, that's why I said it was reported.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ibra was in Juventus, Inter and Barca before and declared Barca his dream club once the tranfer happened. And in spite of all that history it took him holding up the AC Milan banner one day to be loved and accepted here.

Nesta was the captain of Lazio and even the day before his transfer he said leaving Lazio tore him apart and his loyalty will always be only to Lazio.

Pirlo was an Inter fan who proclaimed his dream was playing for Inter later came to us just because he was not accepted there.

Robinho wanted to be Madrid for life.

MvB was still flirting with Spurs and was even thinking of a move back to Munich after 6 months even after joining us.

And yet all of em are loved by us and they all gave us 100 % and none of em (except 1) wants to leave no matter what. We may be the only club which have to force people out cos the players refuse to go anywhere no matter wat. (Dida, Kalazde, Janko, Oddo .. Every single one had to intention to leave before contract was up)

Fabrigas is a Barca fan. A Barca youth product, yet he left Barca to Arsenal cos he didn't get any playing time in Barca. Arsenal never won a trophy last 6 years and may not win another one for God knows how long. Cesc is a winner of everything with National Team ( World Cup, Euros) and yet when compared to his other Spanish Buddies in Madrid or Barca his club just plain sucks. He hes said before that if he ever comes to Italy he'd like to play for Milan. So what makes u think that if we have a team who can contend, he will want to leave to Barca or wherever ?

I'm sure 1 derby goal or assist later, there will be Fabregas groupies here asking to give G a life time contract.

He's 24 years old. He's world class. He's a LCM.

Sign him please !!!!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Cesc and KPB will be very interesting tactically.

I just hope we sign Cesc pre-2010, the one that got 15 goals in one season, and not the whiny bitch he is now.