African Football

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this same referee was the one officiating Senegal vs Algeria , he didn't give a clear pk to Senegal after the player's shirt was torn from being pulled and even gave him a yellow for changing the shirt.

The tournament is just regressing , it used to have better games with better teams.

Egypt and Nigeria didn't qualify , Cameroon and Senegal didn't make it out of the group stages , it tells the whole story.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
African referees are horrible. You can even see it at the club level. The way they infuriate players with their incompetence makes me wonder how they come out alive from the stadium. Watching African football is like watching a European match in the 1980s. Some really clear calls are ignored and the match just turns into mayhem.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
About this particular referee, the Tunisians are saying this is his last year as a professional referee (he is 45 years old). So it's very likely that he accepted a bribe since you cannot really harm his refereeing career anymore.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fucking Barry , pretended to be injured through the PK's and in the end scored the winner

Ghana have only themselves to blame , they were leading 2-0 in the PK's

Gyan and Gervinho getting subbed out in the last minute of ET as they missed decisive penalties in the past.

Poor Gervinho couldn't even watch the PK's

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Setting all my hopes on Nigeria today.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Ismaël Bennacer - 2019 AFCON Player of the Tournament

D_5-qWvXYAAq8sk.jpg

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
What’s up with the thin mustache looks for both of those guys

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Algeria's CF Baghdad Bounedjah scores a beautiful opening goal , one touch finish with the outside of his foot, then an amazing bicycle kick goal that was ruled off for offside. That goal if it counted would have been a strong contender for goal of the season.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Nigeria v Cote d'Ivoire now live 2nd half

Then Ghana v Egypt another classic

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Senegal v Cameroon later tonight

Cameroon are low-key the best African football nation

Yesterday Egypt did well to tie vs a strong Ghana team lead by Mohammed Kudus who is a strong player. Mohammad Salah went out to an injury before HT but Egypt had a few good players also stand out like Ashour and Marmoush.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I was thinking how I would rank the top 10 African football nations, here is my list after many changes:

1. Cameroon
2. Egypt
3. Ghana
4. Nigeria
5. Morocco
6. Algeria
7. Tunisia
8. Ivory Coast
9. Senegal
10. South Africa

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
My favorites to reach the final (provided they don't cross paths before) are Senegal and Morocco

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
My favorites to reach the final (provided they don't cross paths before) are Senegal and Morocco
This may reveal my own bias, but I’m inclined to put Ghana above Egypt because of World Cup exploits and the fact they have won the African Cup 3 times?

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
This may reveal my own bias, but I’m inclined to put Ghana above Egypt because of World Cup exploits and the fact they have won the African Cup 3 times?
You meant to quote the previous post about the rankings right?

I think the ranking can go many ways but in terms of numbers I think Egypt have stronger numbers than Ghana although Egypt shits the bed at the world cup and Ghana has a much better record. When it comes to African cup of nations, Egypt is the clear king although some of the earlier editions had only 3-4 participants but still Egypt is the best inside Africa whereas Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon and now Morocco have done a lot better as African representatives at the world cup.

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I was thinking how I would rank the top 10 African football nations, here is my list after many changes:

1. Cameroon
2. Egypt
3. Ghana
4. Nigeria
5. Morocco
6. Algeria
7. Tunisia
8. Ivory Coast
9. Senegal
10. South Africa

1. Senegal (they have young promising players)
2. Morocco
3. Egypt (without Salah)
4. Algeria (they are the best first 20min team)
5. Nigeria (if Chuck was top form they would be top 3)

They other teams can share 6th, they all have the same level and have the same issues.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
1. Senegal (they have young promising players)
2. Morocco
3. Egypt (without Salah)
4. Algeria (they are the best first 20min team)
5. Nigeria (if Chuck was top form they would be top 3)

They other teams can share 6th, they all have the same level and have the same issues.
You are talking about today, I would put Ghana as no.3 , then Egypt, Algeria, Nigeria etc..

My ranking was historical, who are the top 10 African football countries historically

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You are talking about today, I would put Ghana as no.3 , then Egypt, Algeria, Nigeria etc..

My ranking was historical, who are the top 10 African football countries historically
Oh! I see. Historically I would have put Egypt in the number 1 spot...I agree with the rest 👍

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Oh! I see. Historically I would have put Egypt in the number 1 spot...I agree with the rest 👍
I put Cameroon as no.1 because of their better record in the world cup. Egypt are major chokers outside of the continent although they did well in the continental tournament when they played versus Brazil (Kaka) and Italy (Pirlo) around 2010.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Cape Verde very impressive performances with 7 points and a great match vs Egypt who got lucky to go through with just 3 points after Ghana threw away a two goal lead vs Mozambique. Ghana is probably out of the tournament, it will be hard to go through as best 3rd with just 2 points.

Cote D'Ivoire also probably out after getting destroyed 4-0 by Equatorial Guinea :lol:

This tournament is really one of the most interesting international competitions , im loving it

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Cape Verde very impressive performances with 7 points and a great match vs Egypt who got lucky to go through with just 3 points after Ghana threw away a two goal lead vs Mozambique. Ghana is probably out of the tournament, it will be hard to go through as best 3rd with just 2 points.

Cote D'Ivoire also probably out after getting destroyed 4-0 by Equatorial Guinea :lol:

This tournament is really one of the most interesting international competitions , im loving it

Yes, a real rollercoaster!

Today's Cameroon vs Gambia was lit at the end.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Predicted semi finals

Nigeria vs Egypt
Senegal vs Morocco