Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
There are 2 things I hate about Barcelona...First- their exaggerated diving scenes...Second - for their whining when some teams defend with 8-10 players (like we did)..

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Well barca beat osasuna 8-0 , so we can clearly see the 2-2 we got at camp nou was fantastic . Our D was great ....

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
85% possession is ridiculous. Is that a record b/c that the most I ever heard of a team having in one match.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, it was just a bit of bad luck for Osasuna. Next time they will win.

:lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically we beat osasuna 8-0

even if we were to face a poor side thats playing like shit, Milan would never win 8-0.

the fuckers would switch off after scoring 3-4 goals, even if its in the first half :mad:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The new football manager should be "interesting" this year.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
im so bitter about diego joining atletico madrid, hes on loan with a right to purchase for around 10million euros, would have been perfect for us.

G :fp:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
im so bitter about diego joining atletico madrid, hes on loan with a right to purchase for around 10million euros, would have been perfect for us.

G :fp:

bad attitude, will ruin milan just like we heard with cassano in 2007

so i imagine we'll get him in 2014

when he's 29

:star:Milan:star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bad attitude, will ruin milan just like we heard with cassano in 2007

so i imagine we'll get him in 2014

when he's 29

:star:Milan:star:

admiring the sarcasm(at least I hope it is) :D

a team with ibra/cassano/boateng shouldn't worry about bad attitude, would have been a steal, he may not be world class, but he is miles better than boateng.

you got to wonder if G. and co. were asleep in august, wouldn't be surprised.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
admiring the sarcasm(at least I hope it is) :D

a team with ibra/cassano/boateng shouldn't worry about bad attitude, would have been a steal, he may not be world class, but he is miles better than boateng.

you got to wonder if G. and co. were asleep in august, wouldn't be surprised.

I really think they are not signing anyone to get el shaarawy shots. They seem to value him highly.

That's only logical reason. They think he's good, and deputized with robinho, aquilani, boateng/seedorf (if needed) we can get by.

So, lets hope he plays sooner than later.

That or they got ganso in january.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I really think they are not signing anyone to get el shaarawy shots. They seem to value him highly.

That's only logical reason. They think he's good, and deputized with robinho, aquilani, boateng/seedorf (if needed) we can get by.

So, lets hope he plays sooner than later.

from what I've read, they see stephan as a forward, both ways we would have needed a number 10 behind the strikers, stephan doesn't have the qualities to become a creative attacker, but we'll have to see how good he really is.

I expect some moves in january.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
from what I've read, they see stephan as a forward, both ways we would have needed a number 10 behind the strikers, stephan doesn't have the qualities to become a creative attacker, but we'll have to see how good he really is.

I expect some moves in january.

He's a forward like kaka in that sense, but it's not a bad thing. Can easily play in the hole, if you got that playmaker in CM.... aquilani/seedorf.

We don't need a sit in hole passer per say.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a forward like kaka in that sense, but it's not a bad thing. Can easily play in the hole, if you got that playmaker in CM.... aquilani/seedorf.

We don't need a sit in hole passer per say.

allegri prefers a player who can contribute defensively and help out the midfield, thats why he plays boateng or robinho(who works hard) so unless stephan is a hard working forward, I dont see him playing in the hole.

tho its nice they rate an 18 year old highly, hasn't happened since Pato.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
allegri prefers a player who can contribute defensively and help out the midfield, thats why he plays boateng or robinho(who works hard) so unless stephan is a hard working forward, I dont see him playing in the hole.

tho its nice they rate an 18 year old highly, hasn't happened since Pato.

Not necessarily. Hard work goes two ways. He didn't like Ronaldinho cause Ron doesn't move on eitherside of the pitch. I think he'd use Kaka or Nasri or someone defensively vunerable their. And when he did use Ron it was as a forwards sub.

you can teach anyone to pressure and drop back and defend a little, if they're willing. El Shaarawy will have to if he wants to get on the field.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Hard work goes two ways. He didn't like Ronaldinho cause Ron doesn't move on eitherside of the pitch. I think he'd use Kaka or Nasri or someone defensively vunerable their. And when he did use Ron it was as a forwards sub.

you can teach anyone to pressure and drop back and defend a little, if they're willing. El Shaarawy will have to if he wants to get on the field.

hes 18, so allegri can teach him all sorts of things and adjust his game, I believe he'll make his debut this week, whether its against napoli or udinese, hopefully we see great things from this kid.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
Curse the Barcelona for the booby score 8-0!
why-u-no-guy-meme-t10151.jpg

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
The Osasuna defense was one of the worst defensive displays i've ever seen. They basically bent over to barca after the own goal and Messi literally walked thru their defense for the last goal but of course, the commentator praises him and jizzes for no reason. I honestly think fear in opponents is by far, the primary reason for Barca's success and that's just sad considering that just fuels their ego even more..

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Messi and Cesc tearing it up in La Liga so far. Cesc with 3 goals and 4 assists and Messi with 5 goals and 3 assists, both having play the best part of 3 matches so far.

Valencia and Soldado off to a fantastic start as well, hes scored 5 of the 6 goals for them already this season.

Tonight its CR, Benz and Ozil's turn to tear it up.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I want Barcelona to get 10, and I want more scorelines like this in La Liga, in order to hammer home just how ridiculous that "competition" is.

Totally agree. It's extremely flawed, and I don't think it can go on much longer. A team like Osasuna can't even get a shirt sponser, partly because of the poor economy, but also cause there's a huge gap between what la liga teams think they're worth, and what the sponsors think teams that aren't Barcelona and Real Madrid are worth. The fact that so many teams can't even pay their wages shows that this league is sinking, they'll need to restructure, not only to make it interesting again, but also to save it imo.

Also Osasuna didn't play their best line-up yesterday, it's so commen these days against both Barcelona and Real Madrid, that it's hardly worth mentioning, but it further shows that the league is broken.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ Im not sure about CR playing tonight i think he is injuried and maybe Mou will not risk with him.

I expect RM to win with 5+ goals tonight.

Ohh thanks, didn't know this, I was under the impression that it was only a gash which happened on Wednesday. In any case, Benz is on fire.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Holy fuck. Falcao's La Liga tear down has begun. Inspired by Pippo :proud:

33509e29061ca50a0839b55234c2379b.png

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can he knock Ronaldo and Messi off their fucking perch and win Piccici? I certainly hope so.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/523075/Live

Really depends on how Atleti play, they have talented players and a good starting XI on paper but something always goes wrong :tongue:

Imo, if there are any players who can take the Piccici away from CR/Messi then it would have to be either Soldado or Falcao.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Di Maria :head:
Of course he aint no Barca so few will comment about his antic.

Schedule