Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
paid loan with option

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Genoa midfielder Andrea Bertolacci claims Milan’s “lax” training sessions were partly to blame for his disappointing spell at San Siro.

Bertolacci returned to Genoa on loan earlier in the summer after a difficult two years at Milan, where he played just 41 times in Serie A and struggled for form and fitness, and the 26-year-old felt Vincenzo Montella did not work him or his former teammates enough.

“Why I had so many injuries at Milan? I couldn’t find my best shape, I was never at peak fitness,” he told Il Secolo XIX.

“It was probably also due to the type of training sessions I had. Here, we’re working very intensely. At Milan, the sessions were laxer.

“I knew the rhythms here, which are more suitable for my physique. I need to work hard in order to be at my best.

“Genoa a step back? No, I want to go back to the level I was at before. I want to show my qualities again, and to do this, I need to feel at home.

“At Genoa, I feel that way. Here, I’ve found the affection that I missed [at Milan]. Here, I’ll find myself again.”

http://www.football-italia.net/107174/bertolacci-milan-too-lax

jordan.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He did get something right, he is at his level again now.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
that fucking guy..... what a failure :fp:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Pussy, loser, choker, shitter, manlet. Don't come back.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Is he still on the team? They might keep him just to have an extra mid.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Genoa for the season
Scroll up just a few posts

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
Nocerino was way more useful.

not to mention his bromance with ibrahimovic at the time...always nice to see :love:

165007_hp.jpg

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Anybody still believe in him? Would you welcome him back if he finds his old form?

Nope.....injury prone and bitch mentality blaming others for his failures. Hoping for a good season from him so we can recoup as much money as possible from his sale

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anybody still believe in him? Would you welcome him back if he finds his old form?

I still remember the days when many commoders wanted him badly. I never understood why. I remember watch him play for Genoa and the only saving grace that he had was getting FKs for the team but not real end product.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
He was young, handsome, and Italian. I can understand why we wanted him to be successful here. We actually could use a player that wins free kicks. I'm convinced that's the reason why Borini will start games during the season

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Fuck off u shitter, this guy is like herpes

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am always curious what warranted his price?

During the end of the Berlusconi era we haggled for 6m over 3 years for Aquilani and even let Rami pay some of his transfer fee to Valencia.

Yet when we decide to spend, he was the guy? My memory may be a bit foggy but it felt like we did not even haggle...

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

During the end of the Berlusconi era we haggled for 6m over 3 years for Aquilani and even let Rami pay some of his transfer fee to Valencia.

Yet when we decide to spend, he was the guy? My memory may be a bit foggy but it felt like we did not even haggle...

Roma paid 9 million to Genoa for 50% of Bertolacci's card (they owned the other 50%) so it was not a surprise what we pay for him. On the other hand I never understood the fascination from some people for him when I always found him average at best.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Welcome back, Berto! The shining star of a hapless generation of Azzurri stars :proud:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Read the first few pages of this thread.. he was considered to have one of the best potential among the youngsters in the league. Sadly for us, it didn't work out...... SO FAR!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Trust Sven to have a response even to a question asked 3 yrs later. This is why Berto was a good signing in 2015 (in addition to the 6 goals, 8 assists season):

Both Bona and Bertolacci are AM/wingers "converted" to deeper roles. Bertolacci played as AM/second striker in the season Genoa almost got relegated... One of the few players who did well that season.

They both have trouble defensively, that they sort of make for it with running.

Bertolacci plays a heavier game though. He's more natural to CM than Bonaventura.

We got many players leaving and we will need depth. Bertolacci will be at least very useful

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Trust Sven to have a response even to a question asked 3 yrs later. This is why Berto was a good signing in 2015 (in addition to the 6 goals, 8 assists season):

As rotation, could be a good back up, and if he does well, honestly should be worth more than a few million.

Worth keeping around.

Probably better than Monto playing.....right?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As rotation, could be a good back up, and if he does well, honestly should be worth more than a few million.

Worth keeping around.

Probably better than Monto playing.....right?

agreed, he wouldn't be too bad for depth given that hes fit. he could be useful for Gattuso

and with Locatelli getting sold with a buy pack clause there is talk that we're back in for Badelj which would be nice

Monto, J. Mauri and Locatelli out

but then again i was quite happy when i read we'd be getting 6m from everton since we need the money, but i guess since its the capital gain we're after selling at loss wont cut it

Rossonero1028

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If Bertolacci stays i have read that we dont buy another CM (Kessié Backup). I like Bertolacci a lot and i think he can very useful.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I can see him doing ok as backup under Gattuso

#growlforce