Dutch Eredivisie Thread

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
I felt sorry for Koeman.

I did at first, but after watching the game, what the heck was he thinking? I mean, as I've stated before, any modern coach with any knowledge of the game at a high standard should realize the necessity of playing four at the back since it gives you extra defensive strength + support to your attack on the flanks. As I've stated before, I think its almost amateurish to play anything other than four at the back against good opposition.

He shuffled his backline because Alex was out ... wrong decision that led to no wing play (apart from the Korean guy on the right) + left Farfan trying to create something on the left. After half-time, when he switched back to a conventional 4-4-2 layout, despite PSV conceding more, they played much better till they kinda gave up on the game. That Ecuadorian Mendez was quite impressive ... definitely a good buy.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
I did at first, but after watching the game, what the heck was he thinking? I mean, as I've stated before, any modern coach with any knowledge of the game at a high standard should realize the necessity of playing four at the back since it gives you extra defensive strength + support to your attack on the flanks. As I've stated before, I think its almost amateurish to play anything other than four at the back against good opposition.
Did you see the highlights of the massacre? Gomes was seen throwing a fit after nearly every Ajax goal.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
didn't notice Gomes doin' that... but i saw a Davids shot off the post that hit Gomes on his head...

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Did you see the highlights of the massacre? Gomes was seen throwing a fit after nearly every Ajax goal.
I watched the whole game ... I think the torrent's still up, but no fireworks in the game. Gomes has been a character in the PSV squad so it's natural he has been on the spotlight more than other players. Especially since he couldn't do anything to stop the goals ...

Yeah, Davids' shot was a rocket ... I think it was a proper volley too (didn't even bounce) + Gomes went down injured after he took the knock. Stam also played but I'm glad he isn't still playing with us since he made a few blunders. Grygera wasn't too impressive partnering him in the middle either. And never knew Heitinga started playing in midfield.

Sneijder was brilliant as was Huntelaar. Babel has immense talent + energy but always seems to chose the wrong option. Still has a lot to learn before he becomes a real threat.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also in that match Davids scold against a ball-boy. So The ref said to Davids: please don't do this, you suppost to be a role model for the younger players. When the match was over Davids tried to make it up with the boy by giving him his jersey. That was a nice idea ! unfortunately he gave it to the wrong ball-boy...

Ok what do you think of this?
Look at the ref (Braamhaar) in the replay:

Look at his arm:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
here's Davids' shot... look at Gomes...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Heh. To me it looked like the ref got a little too caught up in the spirit of the match. :)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eredivisie: PSV Eindhoven falter again

Australian Brett Holman struck twice in three minutes to earn mid-table NEC Nijmegen a 2-1 win over leaders PSV Eindhoven in the Dutch league on Saturday.

Roy Beerens set up Holman after 21 minutes and two minutes later he netted a rebound after goalkeeper Gomes failed to control a shot from Romano Denneboom.

On the hour Philip Cocu pulled one back for PSV, but the leaders could do no more and have now collected only two points from their last four matches.

With three games remaining PSV are top with 68 points, three more than Ajax Amsterdam who can leapfrog the leaders if they beat RKC Waalwijk on Sunday. Third-place AZ Alkmaar (63) travel to NAC Breda.

Heerenveen, sixth with 49 points, were held to a 1-1 home draw by bottom side ADO Den Haag to drop points in their chase for the playoffs for a Champions League qualifying round berth.

Second-half goals by Pa Modou Kah and Andres Oper sealed a 2-0 home win for Roda JC Kerkrade over Excelsior Rotterdam.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=419865&cc=4716

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probably still feeling the effects of that 3-nil spanking by Liverpool last week.

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I guess the last week will be crazy exciting in the Dutch League.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
1-AZ Alkmar 72 +53
2-Ajax 72 +47
3-PSV 72 +46

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
1-AZ Alkmar 72 +53
2-Ajax 72 +47
3-PSV 72 +46

The first place will be the tittle winner, and the runner up will be decided after the play-offs between 2, 3, 4, 5th places. This is really weird.

PS: I can see that nobody voted for AZ. :D

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Not anymore :tongue:

Anyone know of the remaining fixtures the top three have left?

Really? Since when?

Excelsior- AZ
PSV- Vitesse
Willem II- Ajax

Last edited:

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ajax will win the last match 9-0 and win the tittle :)

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Since yesterday ... voted for AZ :)

So just one round of matches to go? :conf:

Ah, ı thought you meant something regarding the decisive matchs, about the rules, who becaomes the runner up, etc.

Leia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
ajax will win the last match 9-0 and win the tittle :)

I guess it's more related with the games they played with each other. I am not that sure though.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leia said:
I guess it's more related with the games they played with each other. I am not that sure though.
i think it`s goal difference that it matters, i am not sure :)

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
milanissimo said:
i think it`s goal difference that it matters, i am not sure :)
Yes goal difference is going to decide if two or more teams have same amount of points.

And before last games situation is like this:

AZ Alkmaar 81-28
Ajax 82-35
PSV 70-24

So if AZ win away against Excelsior ( they are only 16th) they are 99% champions in Holland ;)

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
gatusso warrior said:
Yes goal difference is going to decide if two or more teams have same amount of points.

And before last games situation is like this:

AZ Alkmaar 81-28
Ajax 82-35
PSV 70-24

So if AZ win away against Excelsior ( they are only 16th) they are 99% champions in Holland ;)

hope ajax wins and az loses :):)

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Current scorelines [At 25'] :

Excelsior Rotterdam 1 - 1 AZ Alkmaar [AZ are down to 10 men, Waterman was shown red card at 18']

PSV Eindhoven 2 - 1 Vitesse Arnhem

Willem II Tilburg 0 - 1 Ajax Amsterdam

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Results :

Excelsior Rotterdam 3 - 2 AZ Alkmaar [Excelsior scored the last one when both teams were down to 10 men]

PSV Eindhoven 5 - 1 Vitesse Arnhem

Willem II Tilburg 0 - 2 Ajax Amsterdam

So PSV are the champions.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PSV 75 (+50)
AJAX 75 (+49)

one goal decided the champion

Last edited:

Mr C

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
PSV 75 (+50)
AJAX 50 (+49)

one goal decided the champion
As close as you could possibly get to decide a title. Good stuff in Holland.