AC Milan UEFA Cup 2008/2009

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Kalac#16 said:
Either Pirlo's unmotivated or just simply ineffective, nothing but average for the past 4 years. Seedorf's problems are motivational IMO. He performed exceptionally well in 07' when you had something to prove. Shortly returned to average again though.
SO u dont want any of those 2 in ur team ? :eek:
Strange since most of users in this forum think the elite teams in europe would die 2 have Pirlo in their team.
Average for the past 4 years ? mmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Kalac#16 said:
Don't know how "easily" you can get Kaladze back, he's a solid player when he's on form, but it's what.. 3 years now since that Kaladze was playing? The odd good game and a few too many mistakes for a club at Milans level.
Kala only had 1 good season with us & thats about it.
I dont even consider him worthy of a bench in my Milan.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
pirlo needs to move on. its just not going to work here.....potential suitor: real madrid.... i think he could do well in la liga, and they really need a player like pirlo.

valencia could also use him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
2003-2004

98-99 was 10 years ago :-)

When we reach may 2009 then its 10 years ago..for now 9 years and a half ago :tongue:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wild said:
SO u dont want any of those 2 in ur team ? :eek:
Strange since most of users in this forum think the elite teams in europe would die 2 have Pirlo in their team.
Average for the past 4 years ? mmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:
Pirlo, certainly not, theres no doubting he's talented, one of the best in world, but it's as if he doesn't know how to use it, it's strange the only time i've really only seen him perform well is when he's around 40-30 yards out, not on the halfway line hoofing balls to the full backs.

And Seedorf, well i wouldn't mind having him, if you ignore the fact he's 33 anyway. He's at least capable of playing well, and when he does play well, he's Milan's second best player IMO. He needs to wake the fuck up though.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
the main problem of this squad is minus kaka and pato... no1 can run at defenders.... eveyone is a ball master who is lazy sits and relies on movement around them to succeed....

think of ronie at barca w/ eto'o guily, iniesta etc running around.

more so pirlo w/ azzuri.....he had much muhc mor movement.

if u put pirlo in manutds midfield he'd be jut as successful as scholes. y? cause evra, rafael, ronaldo, nani, rooney, park, tevez etcetc work for the team (maybe not ronaldo as much anymore..)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
WERDER BREMEN-MILAN: DATES OFFICIAL
1/13/2009

MILAN - The dates of the Uefa Cup tie between Milan and Werder Bremen are official: the first leg, Werder Bremen-Milan, will be played in Germany on Wednesday 18 February at 20.30; the second leg will be on Thursday 26 February at San Siro.
acmilan.com

kakarauf

Banned
Reaction score
WERDER BREMEN-MILAN: DATES OFFICIAL
1/13/2009

MILAN - The dates of the Uefa Cup tie between Milan and Werder Bremen are official: the first leg, Werder Bremen-Milan, will be played in Germany on Wednesday 18 February at 20.30; the second leg will be on Thursday 26 February at San Siro.
acmilan.com

it's not kaka vs cristiano

now it's kaka vs diego :D

UEFA Cup version :tongue:

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I keep my fingers crossed for a Milan - Man City clash in UEFA this spring.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Why? They are not our enemy. We might be a scapegoat for them - they have 'lost' two great talents on transfer market because of us. And winning us would be perfect to say they can do it even without such players.

GiancarloC

Banned
Reaction score
Why? They are not our enemy. We might be a scapegoat for them - they have 'lost' two great talents on transfer market because of us. And winning us would be perfect to say they can do it even without such players.

Their defense would be sliced by Pato... that's why I'd like to see us go up against them. They tried to mess with our team...

If they dare attack, Milan thrives on that kind of football.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
They are not our enemy but after the last few days it would be so sweet to break their necks on San Siro as we did to United two years ago...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pippo,Pato,Pirlo,JVoH,Boruc
Oh i dream of it..do to them what we did to their neighbours..cut them open with beautiful football..a certain Brazillian being at the centre of it of course;)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
COPPA UEFA 2008/2009: LA LISTA UFFICIALE
01/02/2009
MILANO - La lista è di 25 giocatori.
PORTIERI: Dida, Abbiati, Kalac
DIFENSORI: Maldini, Kaladze, Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Favalli, Senderos, Bonera, Darmian, Pasini, Antonini, Nesta
CENTROCAMPISTI: Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Flamini, Beckham
ATTACCANTI: Pato, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Kakà, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Emerson and Borriello are out.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
01/02/2009
DIFENSORI: Maldini, Kaladze, Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Favalli, Senderos, Bonera, Darmian, Pasini, Antonini, Nesta

Why the hell isnt Mattioni included?? when the hell are we gonna see him play?????:mad::mad:

oh well..atleast Emofag didnt get included. :D

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
01/02/2009

I feel bad for Borriello, his season has really gone for the worst. But on the positive side, it's great to have Nesta back in there.
Also, it's pretty funny that Gattuso (who will be injured for at least another 3 months) made it and Emerson didn't. Tells you something doesn't it?

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I feel bad for Borriello, his season has really gone for the worst. But on the positive side, it's great to have Nesta back in there.
Also, it's pretty funny that Gattuso (who will be injured for at least another 3 months) made it and Emerson didn't. Tells you something doesn't it?

Don't forget you have to have so many Italians & also so many youth team products, so the options are not always easy.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Don't forget you have to have so many Italians & also so many youth team products, so the options are not always easy.

Exact. I took the time to search and read the UEFA rules related to the players list.

Maximum players on the list : 25
- "Free players" : 17
- "locally trained" players: 8
These 8 players are either "club-trained" players or "association-trained" players. Max of "association-trained" is 4.

A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons.

An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same national association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.

:o I know, it' boring ... lol

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/regulations/uefa/others/70/22/70/702270_download.pdf whole regulation for UEFA Cup. Page 23 for the list

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Kaka, Pato, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, M. Veloso, Essien, Zapata, Sheva
UEFA CUP 2008/2009: THE OFFICIAL LIST
2/2/2009
MILAN - The list is of 25 players:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Abbiati, Kalac; DEFENDERS: Maldini, Kaladze, Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Favalli, Senderos, Bonera, Darmian, Pasini, Antonini, Nesta; MIDFIELDERS: Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Flamini, Beckham; STRIKERS: Pato, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Kakà, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

No emerson yes! I am pleased to see Nesta there

Reaction score
I hope that you will face in the final match and a nice track to track. (Galatasaray SK))

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
So were out of the uefa cup,big tragedy bu hu hu .

First things first,about the game,Anshitloti is not to blame.

If you wanna blame it on some one blame it on most of our players( bar a few exceptions) who did not give a fuck today and blame it especially on b&g for not providing us a good bench in the case were missing our star players.

Anyway i`m sure this apparently "bad thing" will lead to a good one. Were gonna finish in top 3 in serie A for sure,and maybe just maybe if inter slip up in there next 3 games(witch are very hard) we might even get back into that scudetto race.

FORZA MILAN

jktl9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ahbonlahor, Gerrard, jaaskelainen, Henry, Fabregas, Anelka, Kaka, Torres

haha, bet kaka wish he'd gone now, least man city are still in the uefa cup.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons.

so tey dont even need to be youth squad players just players u21 before they came to milan (aka pato, ambrosini count... )

our policy of signing 30+ year olds makes perfect sense now.....