Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
My baby is coming back <3

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ABATE IS BACK.

AABATE_big.jpg

yea boi!! :star::star: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No he isn't back, hes still training apart.

This guy :fp:, hes getting injured way too often.. we need you.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
It will be a big boost for us when most DeS and Abate are available

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Speedy gonzales is back :star:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I think he'll be really vital for the formation Seedorf is playing, since we do need speedy fullbacks considering that our CBs are rather slow. WELCOME BACKKK :star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I think he'll be really vital for the formation Seedorf is playing, since we do need speedy fullbacks considering that our CBs are rather slow. WELCOME BACKKK :star:

he has been vital to milan since leonardo gave him his chance, he also covers lot of space in mid . Abate needs to be lockdown with a good long term contract. I thought we could do way better than him but now I think we could do way worse than him, moreover he is one of those players who can be a leader on and off the pitch or can be good for squad mentality, which is overrated to an extend but since nesta, van bommel and gattuso retired there is a lack of organization up in the back no way abate is in the same ball park but he brings something to the table. Dscg and abate not playing for a long time showed up bigtime in our goal difference, you just cannot trust abbiattis health

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
he has been vital to milan since leonardo gave him his chance, he also covers lot of space in mid . Abate needs to be lockdown with a good long term contract. I thought we could do way better than him but now I think we could do way worse than him, moreover he is one of those players who can be a leader on and off the pitch or can be good for squad mentality, which is overrated to an extend but since nesta, van bommel and gattuso retired there is a lack of organization up in the back no way abate is in the same ball park but he brings something to the table. Dscg and abate not playing for a long time showed up bigtime in our goal difference, you just cannot trust abbiattis health
Agreed completely, didn't mean to make it sound like he wasn't vital before, but just believe that we are gonna get more exposed at the back now (especially until El Shaarawy returns), so his speed will cover up. We should be working on extending his contract really soon.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The cheetah is back

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
I love Abate, so happy he is back. Needs time, that much is sure to get back into full form

He speed will be awesome to break teams open

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
great to see him back .despite sometimes being found wanting this guy just seems to bleed for the team .

to have him and de sciglio back in will be great for us

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hope he is just not playing due to fitness. He needs to be a starter.

He is underrated here, he is one of the better RBs in the game right now...

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
According to #Gazzetta Seedorf prefers De Sciglio on the right side and Urby on the left, Abate's future is on bench.

As i said, im sure he will leave in summer. He dont want to stay in bench.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
According to #Gazzetta Seedorf prefers De Sciglio on the right side and Urby on the left, Abate's future is on bench.

Noo come on seedorf :mad:
De sciglio at LB >>> de sciglio at RB

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abate is so much better than Urby it isnt funny.

If true, massive mistake for Dorf

Jinjo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Noo come on seedorf :mad:
De sciglio at LB >>> de sciglio at RB

Umm... not at all. I can see if people think an Abate-Des combo is better than having Urby out there but without question DES is better on the right side.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I honestly dont see a big difference between him on the left or the right side.

DeS won the award for best LB in Serie A last season... he is fine there, keep Abate playing

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

yanzx1993

Where is self?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Klose, Xabi Alonso, CAPTAIN BONERA
Abate should play a starter role since DeS' performance is better on LB position. The only reason to bench Abate is to cut back his wage in his next contract... Which is fairly stupid.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
can we convert abate to a pacey CB?

we took him from a RM/RW and made him into a RB. not far again.

hur hur.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I guess I have never seen him as a CB... His defense is good at FB, but I dont know if his style of play matches up to being good centrally.

If we convert him, the idea might be to push him back up to RW since we are very lacking for speed there.

That being said, we really shouldnt clown around at all, and just play him at RB and DeS at LB.

Forza Rossoneri

Milan Forever
Reaction score
How about playing him as first choice RM in the trident..can he be converted for the attacking role..give that aleady he s quick ...Milan youth stays at milan..if he is successful we wont need to spend for a winger...niang will comeback too..can go back again to RB when needed to fill in for DES..

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He has to be at RB and De Siglico at LB, Urby can not defend and has already cost us too many points this season.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I would love to see him as a winger in a 4-2-3-1.

But LB is quite a concern at the moment, so I won't hold my breath.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
He has to be at RB and De Siglico at LB, Urby can not defend and has already cost us too many points this season.

:thumbsup:

If things aren't looking good long term with Abate, we need to sign a much more capable left back. Defensively, Urby offers very little.

De Sciglio's versatility needs to be embraced. If Abate and Urby are available, stick De Sciglio on the left. He might feel better on the right but he is the best left back we have and has all the time in the world to make that RB spot his.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Urby is bench player...so its only abate and de scig!

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
Formation 352 and play him on cb is only hope for him. Is useless on wings... Maybe abate-rami - zapata will be good combo. And mexes....we need central defenders...

Schedule