Andrea Pirlo Thread

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
Passion for *9* said:
Take all of Milan's rather unimpressive, uninspired matches this season, I bet they had one thing in common: an underperforming Pirlo.
This may or may not be true don't really want to get into that,but doesn't this show that maybe we depend on him too much?Other teams do know that he has one of the key roles in our system of play and when they do try to mark him it should be up to seedorf and Gattuso to pick the pace use the extra space and make it easier on him.He's not the only guy in the middle of the park it's not his fault for everything that goes on in midfield...personally I think that he gets too much stick for every bad midfield perfomance,there are three other guys in there with him!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Pranjic said:
personally I think that he gets too much stick for every bad midfield perfomance,there are three other guys in there with him!

Seedorf gets as much of that as Pirlo, if not more. Kaka's loss of form did not go unseen either. So I'd say It's pretty equally spread out. :tongue:

S

superman_1899

~Biski Biskit~ said:
Seedorf gets as much of that as Pirlo, if not more. Kaka's loss of form did not go unseen either. So I'd say It's pretty equally spread out. :tongue:

then why was there a short period of pirlo bashing!!!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
superman_1899 said:
then why was there a short period of pirlo bashing!!!

Well every player gets their share of criticism. :eek:

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
And thats how it should be,I just don't think that it's fair to the guy to say that he's at fault for every bad performance this seson :tongue:

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Ambrosini
Passion for *9* said:
Take all of Milan's rather unimpressive, uninspired matches this season, I bet they had one thing in common: an underperforming Pirlo.

Didn't it show Milan depends alot on him?

~Biski Biskit~ said:
Well every player gets their share of criticism.

So somebody shouldn't just keep criticising Pirlo. :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
MilanMania said:
Didn't it show Milan depends alot on him?

i agree...with u...pirlo is a key player in milan...his form could have been effected cuz of the busy euro n olympics fixture...but im sure the rest will do him good....!..:)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MilanMania said:
I see you haven't dug out my loving + caring Seedorf posts yet :D

Pirlo is quite OK ;)

S

superman_1899

~Biski Biskit~ said:

agreed with your statement, but being bashed for the wrong reason is another thing all together...

u can bash him for his football inabilities but besides that we shouldnt...

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanMania said:

Haha, well since this is a Pirlo thread, and It's Pirlo that were discussing it's hard to criticise or praise anyone else but the man himself. ;)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
superman_1899 said:
agreed with your statement, but being bashed for the wrong reason is another thing all together...

u can bash him for his football inabilities but besides that we shouldnt...

You can't expect everyone to like him. :) A person expresses their love for the player while another expresses their disgust. You get both sides of argument.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I love Pirlo...the guys a great all around player. He could be the next, classier, totti. His crosses seem to stop in mid-air just before they reach his teamates. A very underaated and soon to be great player.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bojangles said:
I love Pirlo...the guys a great all around player. He could be the next, classier, totti. His crosses seem to stop in mid-air just before they reach his teamates. A very underaated and soon to be great player.
He's never gonna be the next Totti...Francesco is a leader...and he is Roma especially these days...his conduct does leave a lot to be desired but I have to say Totti is better in all departments

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
you guys (& gals) and your comparrassions. 1st off try comparing 2 players that play the same position. 2nd off Pirlo isn't a defensive midfielder he's a holding midfielder, & yes there is a differance.

If they wanted a defensive midfielder then Gattuso would go there. We don't play with a defensive midfielder, but backuse we play with only 3 central midfielder's (Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso) Pirlo is forced to come back into a deeper role.

I think I agree with Passion on this one (& I hope I understand her views) in that he is a great player and should get ever better, but this year he's been a dissapointment compared with how he has played for us the 2 previous seasons. He's just not as sharp so far in the 04-05 campaign. Let's hope he can turn that around because a lot of our sucess depends on him as he's the only central midfielder.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seamus said:
you guys (& gals) and your comparrassions. 1st off try comparing 2 players that play the same position. 2nd off Pirlo isn't a defensive midfielder he's a holding midfielder, & yes there is a differance.
I call him a deep playmaker, Gattuso his watchdog + Seedorf a piece of deadwood (most of the time). Objections ? ;)

This rigid setup with Seedorf, Gattuso + Pirlo + no real viable alternative system is Milan's major vulnerability, more than Inzaghi missing, an off-match by Sheva + our ancient defense. Two fairly slow players + a destructive one don't work against attack-oriented teams of a certain level that don't use the midfield as their favourite playground but see it as an area to be bridged as quick as possible. Esp. when Kaka' is so erratic as in this season. Off-topic, but I'm getting more worried about encountering the Manure than I care to admit.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
I have expected more from him, can't repeat it enough. His consistency this season is.. well, let's put it this way: it's sth. I'm still waiting for. And did I mention his biggest disadvantage aside from the frail physical build, his slowness ? Therefore his accuracy is such a must, to partially compensate his weaknesses. And when it fails him, he's pretty much useless. I think that's what K-J means when drooling on his impact on the game. He's either great + dictating the flow + creating... or... crap. Hardly ever anything in between. Take all of Milan's rather unimpressive, uninspired matches this season, I bet they had one thing in common: an underperforming Pirlo.

what are you going on about... i think you spend to much time backing up for Pippo then actually paying attention to other players in the Milan squad.

You continually bag out the likes of Seedorf, our defence and well know Pirlo.
Pirlo does alot for Milan without his introduction into the starting XI we had no orcastrator, Pirlo possess great technical ability he can create an opportunity within a blink of an eye, he is improving his defence his challenges ball winning tackles... how can you say he is useless??

His consistancy is lacking this season but then again so does every soccer player's, your quick to pounce on a player when he was underperforming and slow to prasie one when he is at his highs

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
what are you going on about... i think you spend to much time backing up for Pippo then actually paying attention to other players in the Milan squad.

You continually bag out the likes of Seedorf, our defence and well know Pirlo.
Pirlo does alot for Milan without his introduction into the starting XI we had no orcastrator, Pirlo possess great technical ability he can create an opportunity within a blink of an eye, he is improving his defence his challenges ball winning tackles... how can you say he is useless??

His consistancy is lacking this season but then again so does every soccer player's, your quick to pounce on a player when he was underperforming and slow to prasie one when he is at his highs

hmmmm couldnt agree more...but i think pirlo would be back to his original self after the break...cuz i think he badly needed a break...after the euro n olmpics fixtures...so...he should be refreshed after the break.....forza pirlo...forza milan!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
he is improving his defence his challenges ball winning tackles...
LOL. Yea.. he sure does lose a bunch of balls. Sometimes I wonder if you EVER watch matches. Some of you clearly go by whatever the flavour-of-the-month computer game dictates you in its stats. Absolutely ridiculous.

San Paolo said:
how can you say he is useless??
Read, comprehend... + if you quote, quote correctly.

San Paolo said:
I leave the praising to those who even praise crap performances + criticize cos hardly anyone else here has a sound relationship with criticism.

But, since it's New Year's Eve + I'm nice I'm gonna repeat my point. Pirlo's impact on the game is of such dimension that it approaches zero when he is off-form. In short, the structure of Milan's buildup play more or less falls apart. It manifests itself in helplessly/aimlessly pushing the ball around in midfield + eventually losing it. Don't tell me you've never noticed.

S

superman_1899

Seamus said:

If they wanted a defensive midfielder then Gattuso would go there. We don't play with a defensive midfielder, but backuse we play with only 3 central midfielder's (Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso) Pirlo is forced to come back into a deeper role.

I think I agree with Passion on this one (& I hope I understand her views) in that he is a great player and should get ever better, but this year he's been a dissapointment compared with how he has played for us the 2 previous seasons. He's just not as sharp so far in the 04-05 campaign. Let's hope he can turn that around because a lot of our sucess depends on him as he's the only central midfielder.

well, every player has his ups and downs, and if you compare his ups and downs, i believe his ups definitely outweight the down's :o

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
LOL. Yea.. he sure does lose a bunch of balls. Sometimes I wonder if you EVER watch matches. Some of you clearly go by whatever the flavour-of-the-month computer game dictates you in its stats. Absolutely ridiculous.

Well if he is rated well in the computer games he is obviously is doing something right... and i do catch every Milan game as any dedicated Milan supporter would ;)
Whats your point Passion i said that he is improving his defensive side of the game because thats where he is lacking the most (dont need to be a rocket scientist to work that out), but i guess Rino makes it up for him and likewise Pirlo for the technical side.

S

superman_1899

Passion for *9* said:

how do you justify your passion for inzaghi, by his looks???? :conf:

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If im not wrong Pirlo already got got the four yellow card so he wont be playing against Livorno :(

Do u guys know there's a time Carletto spoke to a GDS' jounalist that Pirlo would be a genius coach in the future. :D

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanMania said:
If im not wrong Pirlo already got got the four yellow card so he wont be playing against Livorno :(

Do u guys know there's a time Carletto spoke to a GDS' jounalist that Pirlo would be a genius coach in the future. :D

Thats interesting lol i cant really see him becoming a coach doesnt but sho knows

S

superman_1899

i wouldnt be surprised though, he directs the game play for our matches. so he will know the loopholes of a game... probably will perfect it...

S

superman_1899

dont think milan will ever consider it... unless carletto moves to real!!! (there are prior rumours of him moving)

but then again will pirlo ever want to leave a club that gave him a shot at glory???

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
MilanMania said:
Arrigo Sacchi wish to buy Pirlo.

I'd like to tell him "FAT HOPE! YOU'LL NEVER GET HIM! Andrea is a Milanista a vita!"

I don't think this could happen.
Real don't need him really and we don't let him go.

But if they get Adriano,they don't want Gila,i hope this is true.

MilanMania

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
superman_1899 said:
dont think milan will ever consider it... unless carletto moves to real!!! (there are prior rumours of him moving)

but then again will pirlo ever want to leave a club that gave him a shot at glory???

Staying in Milan is already giving him lots of glory =) He dont have to leave :D