The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
just to sum up our transfer activity so far:

arrived:
Tonali 5m loan
Saelemaekers 3.5m buyout
Kjaer 3.5m
Kalulu free
Brahim diaz free
Halilović end of loan

left:
Suso 24m
Andre Silva 9m?
RicRod 3m
Gustavo Gomez 2m?
Reina free
Bonaventura free
Biglia free
Begović end of loan

so putting everything together, we've made 26mil profit in sales while reducing our wage bill by quite a bit (Kjaer earns 2.5mil?, Kalulu is on 0.5 mil, Tonali on 2.2 mil, not sure about Brahim, while letting go of some of our best earners - Bliglia 3, Reina 3 etc.)

So without any major cash injections from Eliott, I reckon we still have some money to make one or two really decent signings, especially if we do the loan formula like we used in the Tonali deal
Not sure about Suso. Suma in one of his recent videos said that Suso earnings belong to the january market and therefore in our last years balance sheets.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic/Leao/Colombo can cover the CF position well imo and Pioli wont shit the bed as long as Ibra is around :D

anyways whats up with Chelsea splashing cash left right and center this mercato
#Chelsea are in talks for Declan #Rice. #Blues are ready to offer ?45M to #WestHan to sign the midfielder. If two clubs reach an agreement, Rice will sign 5-year contract. #transfers #CFC #WHUFC
My guess is they saved quite a lot from the transfer windows where they had a transfer ban.

However it still seems crazy given how world economy as a whole is currently being hitten by the virus.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Not sure about Suso. Suma in one of his recent videos said that Suso earnings belong to the january market and therefore in our last years balance sheets.

It doesnt make sense to me honestly, so he went on a 1.5 year loan in january with an obligation to buy if Sevilla made it to CL. Pretend that Sevilla didnt make it to CL this year but would make it in 2020/2021 season and the deal turned into an obligation. Would you then count the 24m to the balance a year and a half ago although the conditions were only just met? The logic tells me the money from Suso we got was this summer and should count towards the upcoming season, dunno :)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes I think we will have once that CB/RB purchase happens, which possibly would have to be 2 players since we're light on quality at CB and also at RB and if Milenkovic isn't possible I don't know of many candidates who could fill both roles well enough.

I do like Colombo, but I'd also be happier with another offensive signing. So that's potentially 3 signings which may have to be fairly expensive. 4 purchases if we do go ahead with another midfielder. Plus a reserve LB if we're able to sell Laxalt.

We need to get a decent amount of cash for Paqueta and manage to move Halilovic, Krunic, an RB and ideally a CB.
Problem is numerically speaking we are more than covered in both positions:

CB:
- Roma
- Kjaer
- Gabbia
- Duarte
- Musa

RB:
- Conti
- Calabria
- Kalulu

Sure, some of them are currently injured. But they won't be out for too long. I doubt that we have the luxury of bloating those positions even more right now although I agree that qualitatively speaking those are positions that need to be upgraded.

That being said, against Shamrock Kjaer-Gabbia duo should do. I have no doubts. I have more doubts about the fitness levels of the two squads. Shamrock has resumed official games two months ago. We however are still in preseason. Qualitatively we should be much better. But in a knockout game everything is possible.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

also we dont really know how payments for players are planned
f.e. we got on loan kessie in 2017 and he official became acm player in 2019 but even that not say much how we paid for him (how many installments).
just + and - from transfer window doesnt say a lot...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It doesnt make sense to me honestly, so he went on a 1.5 year loan in january with an obligation to buy if Sevilla made it to CL. Pretend that Sevilla didnt make it to CL this year but would make it in 2020/2021 season and the deal turned into an obligation. Would you then count the 24m to the balance a year and a half ago although the conditions were only just met? The logic tells me the money from Suso we got was this summer and should count towards the upcoming season, dunno :)
I kinda agree, but I think Suma knows what he's talking about .

That option, as you said, turned in an obligation the moment they qualified for CL, which still was in 19/20 season. Obligations, from a FFP POV, are no different than buying a player outright.

However I don't know how it would have been handled if Sevilla only qualified this season for CL. I guess in that case the money would be accounted for the season in which the option turned into an obligation.

Obviously I'm no expert so don't quote me on that

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

CB:
- Roma
- Kjaer
- Gabbia
- Duarte
- Musa

RB:
- Conti
- Calabria
- Kalulu

Sure, some of them are currently injured. But they won't be out for too long. I doubt that we have the luxury of bloating those positions even more right now although I agree that qualitatively speaking those are positions that need to be upgraded.

That being said, against Shamrock Kjaer-Gabbia duo should do. I have no doubts. I have more doubts about the fitness levels of the two squads. Shamrock has resumed official games two months ago. We however are still in preseason. Qualitatively we should be much better. But in a knockout game everything is possible.

Honestly with how raw Kalulu is, I see him playing more in primavera then in the 1st team.
Also Im pretty sure by the end of mercato, Duarte will be gone. Either a loan or an outright sale, I cant really see him staying. Musacchio is injured and on his last year of the contract so you cant really count on him either which basically leaves us with 3 CBs. Im pretty sure we'll bring in either a good experienced CB or a really good talent, either way I see us spending 20 mil+ on that position

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

CB:
- Roma
- Kjaer
- Gabbia
- Duarte
- Musa

RB:
- Conti
- Calabria
- Kalulu

Yeah I think ideally we'd move Musa, Duarte and an RB on, but given the injuries it's probably not possible. 5 CBs isn't too many if one is a youth player but I think we'd need to get rid of Duarte, at least on loan, Musa is fine as 4th choice when he recovers. Then bring someone in on loan with option and make the signing permanent when Musa leaves next summer, and also try again to get rid of Duarte.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think ideally we'd move Musa, Duarte and an RB on, but given the injuries it's probably not possible. 5 CBs isn't too many if one is a youth player but I think we'd need to get rid of Duarte, at least on loan, Musa is fine as 4th choice when he recovers. Then bring someone in on loan with option and make the signing permanent when Musa leaves next summer, and also try again to get rid of Duarte.
Yeah, moving Musa will be very difficult. Duarte maybe too after those pre-season-games .

But we probably won't get any new CB signings unless we sold one of those.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Yeah, moving Musa will be very difficult. Duarte maybe too after those pre-season-games .

But we probably won't get any new CB signings unless we sold one of those.

Musa will leave for free in the summer if you ask me. Even if we find a buyer in january (he can already negotiate with clubs by then) it will probably be for a sum of like .. 3-4 million.
Duarte will probably be gone somewhere, worst case we ship him back to brazil on loan or something

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Other than Donna who was the last WC Milan academy product?

Ambro?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Other than Donna who was the last WC Milan academy product?

Ambro?

CompetentTangibleAlaskanhusky.webp

:lol:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
except donna our youngsters are not great but just enough to cover some back up spots:
calab, des (if he would get playing time as rb), loca, cristante, saponara, cutrone, petanga
more 'serious' dont remember from last 5-7 years, other got like minutes to show up - zanellato, etc :)

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Check the pace.

Gnabry & sancho are among the fastest players on the planet but not according to fifa
5b4e0a3ee5566c50c6264de99ec4f417.jpg

Seriously what is that.. also henderson has a higher rating than tiago alcantara. And how the hell is he only 85. The man is arguably as good as de bruyne.

They keep overrating epl players as always
Maybe i wont buy it again

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
messi is not that fast..it just looks fast cause its like rabbit running
im pretty sure i can outrun messi

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Our management is great, I love it. Maldini, Massara, Moncada :love:

Even Gazidis is proven to be competent in what Elliot want out of him even if it isn't what fans want. Padre Pioli giving continuity to the squad and making shrewd acquisitions. It's a breath of fresh air.

As for our new kits:

Home - 9/10
It has really grown on me, very nice design imo.

Away - 0/10
I thought tire-track away kit was bad but this takes the cake. Worst Milan kit I've seen in my lifetime. I'd just paint over the red marks to have a full white kit, maybe minimal but won't look like shit.

Third - 5/10
It's alright, nothing special. Much like our GK kits just a single color but includes a little pattern.

I also very much dislike the normalized squad name/number template, the font doesn't fit a lot of kits for teams as well as the club's own designs. :(

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, Gazidis does not look like a circumcised penis anymore.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Yeah, Gazidis does not look like a circumcised penis anymore.

:lol:

@Pingu, agree with you about management. They have proven themselves good so far and I seriously can't believe Maldini is back leading us. This time in a top management position. I love him

He's no Zanetti or Totti, simply a mascot for the club. He's doing some very good business for us

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali will not be played infront of the defence, he is unaware defensively.

He will rotating at #10 with hakan.

Safest way to integrate him and in a couple of seasons he can be moved back to deeper position.

I also think he did an awful job as anchor of Brescia's midfield 3, however a double pivot system is something else. Few DMs can pull of the single midfield pivot role, and Tonali is not among those few(yet).
I think it will be a lot easier to accommodate his skills in a double pivot system. He's not a proper DM, or a box-to-box runner and definitely not a CAM. However he is versatile and can do a bit of everything as long as it's in an auxiliary role.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It's not to say they haven't made mistakes.

GP was the big one, but myself and many others thought it was a smart managerial pick at the time. :fp:

Then a few signings - specifically Duarte - and Krunic to some extent haven't panned out. Krunic at least was cheap and wasn't bad for us, plus can be sold for his value. Duarte was just a bad choice. Injuries, looks lost against Serie C/B teams in pre-season. He wasn't awful last year but not convincing either for a 10m player.

That said, they seem to have more than made up for it with the rest of the decisions. Pioli as caretaker was fine since Spalletti wanted to sit at home collecting his paycheck from merda. Showed enough to get renewed and Rangnick not brought in. Whether this was a good idea or not (so far it looks it) we'll see this coming season.

Player-wise, Theo and Bennacer were brilliant signings. Rebic in the second half of the season exploded. Leao has a very high ceiling. Kjaer/Ibra experience was much needed, huge impact. Getting Tonali? Wow. Again the problem seems to be offloading players but a lot of high-salary eating players are gone in Biglia/Jack/RR/Reina now. Silva for Rebic deal seems very good as per Diavolo's comments as well. If we can sell Paqueta and one of our RBs to bring in another RB and CB then I'd be thrilled. RW is 50/50 to me. If there's opportunity and the other needs are covered sure, do it. But I don't think it's a "must buy" position right now. Next season it can be addressed along with a CF since we'll need to think about replacing Ibra.

Forza Milan!

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously what is that.. also henderson has a higher rating than tiago alcantara. And how the hell is he only 85. The man is arguably as good as de bruyne.

They keep overrating epl players as always
Maybe i wont buy it again

Henderson was Liverpool's best player last season and probably the 2nd best player in Premier League overall. He's become a world class player and those who think otherwise haven't watched him play. Tiago Alcantara on the other hand looked good during the CL especially in the final where him and Neuer stole the show. He is a bit inconsistent though. In the semifinal against Lyon he was Bayern's worst player on the field. De Bruyne is the best midfielder in the world by a great distance and and I'm not sure I'd put Tiago in my top 10

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
btw if anyone is interested, Brahim's official presentation is in 15 mins, live on milan app

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Official FIFA 21 ratings:

EhoScEZWAAAgpHz

EhoScEiXcAE-y_9

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Theo, Kessie, Bennacer, Rebic, Hakan and even Leao have stupid ratings. I dont understand why we signed with them if they dont even try to make it realistic.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Fifa has always been shit, not even interested. Can't even get the positions right.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
GdS: Pioli has given his approval for the sale of Laxalt and Halilovic. They are not part of his plans.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Rebic/Leao/Colombo can cover the CF position well imo and Pioli wont shit the bed as long as Ibra is around :D

anyways whats up with Chelsea splashing cash left right and center this mercato
#Chelsea are in talks for Declan #Rice. #Blues are ready to offer ?45M to #WestHan to sign the midfielder. If two clubs reach an agreement, Rice will sign 5-year contract. #transfers #CFC #WHUFC

They are doing Milan 1995. A lot of new players come in. It is a recipe for disaster. Even though these players are good players, it will take time to integrate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule