The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Milan will play Inter and Roma, this is direct clash. Each game is worth 6 points

Look at their forms.

Those tough away games even when we do well we draw at most, like always. I don’t think we’ll beat Roma away. We can beat Inter for sure... Lazio are playing two silly games next, and if we draw Roma we’ll be -10 from Lazio most likely... problem is it’s not just one team we’re chasing... CL through a EL win is easier for us than 4th imo, and even that’s pretty damn difficult.. Atleti are too good and Arsenal depend on EL for CL football next season.... Montella has ruined everything... but we’ll fight till the official end who the fuck knows what will happen

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll be at worst 9 pts behind 4th tomorrow. That's bridgeable.

If we beat Samp and Roma, we'll be there or thereabouts. No one would have thought we would be this close to Roma, Lazio, and Inter in the middle of Feb. We are outsiders, but it's possible.

To think, if only Montella had managed 4-6 pts more...and if only we hadn't conceded that last-minute equalizer against Benevento.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
He comes of as suprisingly intelligent.

I suppose it's easy to initially think otherwise given his characteristics as a player and how they're generally not associated with creativity/intelligence, but tbf he's the one who had to adapt his playstyle to his limited physical tools and make it work.

So far* he seems to have the perfect balance between motivation and ideas to bring the team forward. For example Montella was supposed to be this tactical artist but it was nowhere to be seen in practice.

* I like how realistic and modest he is to the task though...as if he's under trial in his own mind as well.

Indeed, also because Pirlo referred to him in his book like he was some kind of caveman who spoke Italian like a uneducated peasant.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Indeed, also because Pirlo referred to him in his book like he was some kind of caveman who spoke Italian like a uneducated peasant.

By now it should be known that P!rlo thinks himself superior to most.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Caveman fits perfectly to signatore's definition on Gattuso.
Caveman could kill a beast with a sharpened stone tied in a long stick.

So maybe there's more to come from the caveman. Wait until he invents a bow

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

It's interesting. Gattuso's Italian and conversational skills (from his pre and post match press) is actually pretty good. Idk what Pirlo was about but maybe he was just catering to the fan's idea of Gattuso.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
A player that was worldclass despite technical limitations and found a place in the greatest side of all time(or second depending on how you rate our dutch trio squad) has great mentality? Doesn't surprise me one bit. I was at best skeptical whether his tactics would make the cut but I guess he couldn't do much at his previous teams due to lack of player quality.

And what's that talk of 4th is out of the question? I hope none of our players have this amount of doubt and low confidence. There is the chance for 4th and I'd be supremely disappointed if our players don't fight tooth and nail for it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
One thing I will never stop laughing at is how Montella > Allegri because Montella's thesis at Coverciano included diagrams while Allegri's was shorter.

mj-laughing.gif

these nostalgia posts need links.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
If and that's a big if we get a new cash infusion this summer, we should go all out for Milinković-Savić....amazing player! If somebody teaches Kessie some basic tactics, this two would run over teams constantly.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Welcome aboard the SMS hypetrain. Guy looks great even when his team sucks.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Assuming people watched sms last night and not just the assist, the guy was a big hole in the middle and Napoli ran through him like he was just a big training cone.

Kessie carried this team at times. I wouldn’t cancel off kessie just to make a point about sms who has 1 more year on kessie and for 3 years he played in a familiar environment.

Kessie is a different type of beast. SMS is having a better product in the final third but remember when biglia canceled him completely 2 weeks ago?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
And what's that talk of 4th is out of the question? I hope none of our players have this amount of doubt and low confidence. There is the chance for 4th and I'd be supremely disappointed if our players don't fight tooth and nail for it.

The team is on the rise, despite some lapses during the game. 4th place is achievable if we get to the derby with 6 points away from 4ths.

The next 20 days are critical for our season and all I wish is for this team is to fight and never gives up.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
these nostalgia posts need links.

Do you not remember it?

Allegri getting slated because his Coverciano thesis was on the short side, didn't have pictures etc.

"Allegri only talks about 4-3-1-2, Montella discusses marking, pressing, the latent synchronicity between passing to Suso and RicRod stumbling up the left wing."

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We'll be at worst 9 pts behind 4th tomorrow. That's bridgeable.

If we beat Samp and Roma, we'll be there or thereabouts. No one would have thought we would be this close to Roma, Lazio, and Inter in the middle of Feb. We are outsiders, but it's possible.

To think, if only Montella had managed 4-6 pts more...and if only we hadn't conceded that last-minute equalizer against Benevento.
montella fucked up.for surehis biggest mistake was his dumb rotation.

benevento and udinese are 4 silly silly points lost!

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The team is on the rise, despite some lapses during the game. 4th place is achievable if we get to the derby with 6 points away from 4ths.

The next 20 days are critical for our season and all I wish is for this team is to fight and never gives up.

Yes, me need more men like you with balls and positive thinking :thumbsup:

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Caveman fits perfectly to signatore's definition on Gattuso.
Caveman could kill a beast with a sharpened stone tied in a long stick.

So maybe there's more to come from the caveman. Wait until he invents a bow

i cant wait to see the napalm

A player that was worldclass despite technical limitations and found a place in the greatest side of all time(or second depending on how you rate our dutch trio squad) has great mentality? Doesn't surprise me one bit. I was at best skeptical whether his tactics would make the cut but I guess he couldn't do much at his previous teams due to lack of player quality.

dont ever try again to compare 88-94 milan with any another team on this planet...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LUL don't you mean "don't ever imply there's a better team than 88-94 Milan" because if I were to call them the best, it's still in reference to other teams and as such would be a comparison. Anyways, it's hard to judge different era's and I find it impossible to determine which Milan was better to me, especially considering I watched the recent one live while I was 3 years old by the end of 94.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Conte would have lost against Spal and would have started complaining that he didn’t get his beloved signings.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Do you not remember it?

Allegri getting slated because his Coverciano thesis was on the short side, didn't have pictures etc.

"Allegri only talks about 4-3-1-2, Montella discusses marking, pressing, the latent synchronicity between passing to Suso and RicRod stumbling up the left wing."

Nope. I only seldomly read his thread also.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LUL don't you mean "don't ever imply there's a better team than 88-94 Milan" because if I were to call them the best, it's still in reference to other teams and as such would be a comparison. Anyways, it's hard to judge different era's and I find it impossible to determine which Milan was better to me, especially considering I watched the recent one live while I was 3 years old by the end of 94.

that team was pure magic
perfect balance between strong defense and lethal attack

also that pluralism in attack...papin, savicesic, mvb, gullit, massaro, donadoni
oh lord. will we ever see such a side?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current Milan winning EL would be legendary, on par with our CL triumphs. Do u guys believe we can do it?!

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Current Milan winning EL would be legendary, on par with our CL triumphs. Do u guys believe we can do it?!

Lol. No. There are teams like Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli, Atletico Madrid. Who are much a better team than us. I think Atletico Madrid will win it

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXII: Gustavo's Window

Assuming people watched sms last night and not just the assist, the guy was a big hole in the middle and Napoli ran through him like he was just a big training cone.

Kessie carried this team at times. I wouldn’t cancel off kessie just to make a point about sms who has 1 more year on kessie and for 3 years he played in a familiar environment.

Kessie is a different type of beast. SMS is having a better product in the final third but remember when biglia canceled him completely 2 weeks ago?

First half was literally sms vs the napoli midfield.. he was great, much better than the matches against milan. Second half napoli stepped up, but they were lucky with an own goal and the third goal which was deflected two mins after the second goal... Everyone knew it was game over for lazio from that moment.

As for the player comparison... even though kessie has been our best signing sms can do everything kessie can + better in the air, better end product and better dribbler.
Though a midfield three with those two would probably be top 2 best midfield in serie a.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol. No. There are teams like Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli, Atletico Madrid. Who are much a better team than us. I think Atletico Madrid will win it

Yeah I’m almost certain Atleti will win...

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Welcome back Vulture, looking forward to you calling Antonelli Antonini :lol:

there are more problems as even rodriguez started to lose form and replace the famous antonini

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
where the fk is my young padawan, vulture?
I wonder is he a conte man like me, his master, or not.

Hmm let test Rhino till end season and if he makes it then we can rewed his contract, if he doesnt Conte is not a bad option.

Anyway we should be happy, we were managed from an psychopath few weeks ago and trust me, nothing will become worse than it was.

Last edited:

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Berlusconi turned down €1 billon offer for AC Milan, led to PSG sale

On Saturday, La Repubblica reported that Silvio Berlusconi turned down a €1 billion offer to buy AC Milan in 2007. The 10-figure offer came from none other than Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, who eventually went on to buy Paris Saint-Germain.

The billion euro offer came on the heels of their Champions League triumph under the tutelage of Carlo Ancelotti.

Only a year before, Al Thani founded Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) with the intention of buying a world-class soccer franchise. His goal was to provide an international sports outlet for the small, oil rich Middle Easter nation.

He achieved his goal when QSI purchased Paris Saint-Germain four years later in a deal that valued the club at €100 million euros. One of the first moves PSG made under its new owners was to sign both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva from AC Milan.

For Berlusconi, the decision not to sell has haunted him. He spent the majority of the following 10 years trying to sell the club to multiple buyers, ultimately settling on a €700 million deal with Yonghong Li last year

For fuck sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule