The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Berlusconi turned down €1 billon offer for AC Milan, led to PSG sale

On Saturday, La Repubblica reported that Silvio Berlusconi turned down a €1 billion offer to buy AC Milan in 2007. The 10-figure offer came from none other than Qatari Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, who eventually went on to buy Paris Saint-Germain.

The billion euro offer came on the heels of their Champions League triumph under the tutelage of Carlo Ancelotti.

Only a year before, Al Thani founded Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) with the intention of buying a world-class soccer franchise. His goal was to provide an international sports outlet for the small, oil rich Middle Easter nation.

He achieved his goal when QSI purchased Paris Saint-Germain four years later in a deal that valued the club at €100 million euros. One of the first moves PSG made under its new owners was to sign both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva from AC Milan.

For Berlusconi, the decision not to sell has haunted him. He spent the majority of the following 10 years trying to sell the club to multiple buyers, ultimately settling on a €700 million deal with Yonghong Li last year

For fuck sake

psg for 100mil allowed them to invest big money in club, we dont know how much they woulb be able to bring after giving 1 bil

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
yes LNG reserves ending in 1 billion years from now

they are sort of money

not really, we are going green, soon they wont be needed
tesla and other are the future

arab money is atm, they dont know to invest for future at all, theyll lose in the way to earn

Last edited:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Assuming people watched sms last night and not just the assist, the guy was a big hole in the middle and Napoli ran through him like he was just a big training cone.

Kessie carried this team at times. I wouldn’t cancel off kessie just to make a point about sms who has 1 more year on kessie and for 3 years he played in a familiar environment.

Kessie is a different type of beast. SMS is having a better product in the final third but remember when biglia canceled him completely 2 weeks ago?

:thumbsup:
Kessie and Milinkovic are different players who play different roles in the midfield. Kessie is a genuine box to box player while Milinkovic is an attacking midfield player. Milinkovic you would never play in a midfield 2 for example, as he has neither the defensive ability or skill set to play there. His range of passing is poor and he likes to take his time on the ball to dribble. Milinkovic is basically Pogba with poor passing.

Kessie has a better range of passing, defensive ability and doesn't dilly dally on the ball (usually).

First half was literally sms vs the napoli midfield.. he was great, much better than the matches against milan. Second half napoli stepped up, but they were lucky with an own goal and the third goal which was deflected two mins after the second goal... Everyone knew it was game over for lazio from that moment.

As for the player comparison... even though kessie has been our best signing sms can do everything kessie can + better in the air, better end product and better dribbler.
Though a midfield three with those two would probably be top 2 best midfield in serie a.

Disagree, see my above comparison on how I think they are different and the ways I think Kessie is superior.

While I do think Milinkovic is a very good player, I would prefer for our third mid to have better passing, especially if they are going to cost above 60 million euros. Think of how good Seedorf's passing was in comparison to Milinkovic, and how much more well rounded his skill set was.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Meanwhile our ownership is being questioned. I don't know what to make of this Chinese consortium. If we've got money then why rely heavily on high interest loans to fund our transfer campaign, I think there's more to "funds are being blocked by the Chinese gov" I don't think these guys have money at all

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile our ownership is being questioned. I don't know what to make of this Chinese consortium. If we've got money then why rely heavily on high interest loans to fund our transfer campaign, I think there's more to "funds are being blocked by the Chinese gov" I don't think these guys have money at all

bonucci will soon return to juve and biglia to lazio
we are doomed

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The more I watch our squad now in the second half of the season the more i think that we should go for a minimalistic market in summer , a winger, a CM and maybe a LB to rejuvenate the FB-area a bit, that´s it.
I would only sell Bertolacci and Mauri and one of the older FBs (probably Antonelli).

If we need money Donna and Silva are the logical choices to make money.

I´m happy that we did not turn into PSG. I want Milan to have enough money but I don´t necessarily want us to do crazy spending.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bonucci will soon return to juve and biglia to lazio
we are doomed

I don't think that would happen. At the very worst Milan will be sold to the highest bidder should the Chinese fail to pay Elliott management

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And if that's the case the positive note is that we could be bought by someone who's got money. You never know. Anyhoo as it stands I'm happy that Milan are beginning to sort their act out however it's not enough, we need to continue to play the way we have been doing and hopefully come summer the weak areas of our team are fixed

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you want unity in the team or what??
Also, what do you mean fucking half???

i dont see any problem of unity in any of mauro's teams....
they are drinking water in his name

when you divine 1 by 2 you get half, or 1/2 or 0.5
you can use it as you want

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The more I watch our squad now in the second half of the season the more i think that we should go for a minimalistic market in summer , a winger, a CM and maybe a LB to rejuvenate the FB-area a bit, that´s it.
I would only sell Bertolacci and Mauri and one of the older FBs (probably Antonelli).

I´m happy that we did not turn into PSG. I want Milan to have enough money but I don´t necessarily want us to do crazy spending.
:star:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
i dont see any problem of unity in any of mauro's teams....
they are drinking water in his name

when you divine 1 by 2 you get half, or 1/2 or 0.5
you can use it as you want

A lot to of inters problems right now stem from the fact that icardi isn't on good terms with Perisic.

It has something to do with his style of play. Perisic brozovic etc don't seem to like him because he is very static and doesn't work hard enough.

He doesn't seem to like Perisic very much because he doesn't cross all the time a la candreva...

All in all classic inter.

Icardi is good but probably not worth the money he will cost. If I were inter o wouldn't mind Milan buying him for 100m

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

giphy.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
All it took was one article from La Repubblica during election season to convince people that the story was beyond any doubt.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A lot to of inters problems right now stem from the fact that icardi isn't on good terms with Perisic.

It has something to do with his style of play. Perisic brozovic etc don't seem to like him because he is very static and doesn't work hard enough.

He doesn't seem to like Perisic very much because he doesn't cross all the time a la candreva...

All in all classic inter.

Icardi is good but probably not worth the money he will cost. If I were inter o wouldn't mind Milan buying him for 100m

nice assumptions for a fantasy league
on real world though that doesnt correspond to truth

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Maradona is no fan of the Inter captain.

He declared: "If (Carlos) Tevez deserves the World Cup? Without a shadow of a doubt, there is no-one better, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a No9.

"(Gonzalo) Higuain deserves an opportunity, worth ten times more than the shame of Icardi."

But Maradona continued: "Without wanting to offend anyone, someone would have never imagined that (Lucas) Biglia could be in the shirt of our national one day. Argentina today does not inspire more fear, apart from (Lionel) Messi, it has lost respect for the divided albiceleste.

Very true words by Mass94’s favorite player.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wow Rafinha looking amazing... fuck he would of been a snack in our midfield, the rest of inter is absolute dogshit tho

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Isn’t that the ONLY logical thing to do?
The big market was done last year. We can see which pieces are working and which are not. And the next few years is all about getting 2-3 players to address immediate needs better the team and also in anticipation of aging players declining. Actually, that’s the eternal work to do, unless you let everything rot like Galliani did.

Some people were reacting like the market was trash because in their fantasy foootball world you buy players and they start winning right away.
Sure there are some players that I would not sign.
There are some players that you could see were a “good buy” even when they were having a hard time, Hakan, Biglia (still not at his best) Bonucci (never thought of him as WC defender, but he is good) and especially with the lack of character and quality from our former captains Monto and Abate... Bonucci and Biglia were much needed signings.

There are also players that even when they were on good form, you couldn’t help but think, “we might need to upgrade this guy in 2 seasons” ... Rodriguez, big upgrade from what we had but might not be enough when we’ll move up in gear.

Also some need time before being throw on to the bin. Silva.

So I agree. The market should be addressing those priorities. A good fast right winger. And a creative 2 way midfielder. I could even leave the LB upgrade for another year. Because with a good midfielder in place of bonaventura... Rodriguez will bring a lot more... he still has his limits but he is good enough

And as I said earlier this step by step approach is the ONLY logical
Thing to do not because we have starting playing well recently.
It was clear from the beginning that the problems had more to do with other things rather than the players.

*Time: it was always gonna take time for the team to gel...hell we still need time.

*stability: Montella had a different starting 11 for every game.
As much as I like rotation, a base needed to be created first and then when that it’s solid you can interchange piece without changing the general shape too much.

*Confidence: Montella was not one to change the mindset of player, his philosophy is “when the wins come, the confidence will build” ... not wrong or right but this group needed to get the confidence for the win to follow... that’s why we’re better with Gattuso, Conte, Simeone, type of coaches, with fire ... rather than laid back coaches.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maradona is no fan of the Inter captain.

He declared: "If (Carlos) Tevez deserves the World Cup? Without a shadow of a doubt, there is no-one better, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a No9.

"(Gonzalo) Higuain deserves an opportunity, worth ten times more than the shame of Icardi."

But Maradona continued: "Without wanting to offend anyone, someone would have never imagined that (Lucas) Biglia could be in the shirt of our national one day. Argentina today does not inspire more fear, apart from (Lionel) Messi, it has lost respect for the divided albiceleste.

Very true words by Mass94’s favorite player.

Ramblings of a coke addict. Higuain is arguably the biggest choker in the history of the sport. Icardi is a piece of shit, though.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Lol... Maradona words are like Berlusconi talking of how Milan should play... you hear/read it and you’re like “Ok”

It should be treated Like when you’re a kid playing video game with your friends and your baby brother is crying, wanting to play... you give him a controller that’s not even plugged ... “knock yourself out bro”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule