video technology in football? what do you reckon

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
im doing an assignment and a question is about video technology in football. yes or no? and i need a public opinion on this topic soooo please share your viewpoints

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
After Barca's penalty vs Levante last night, I am starting to be very much in favor... but my question is how often would you go to the video evidence? would every team get like 3 tries like in Tennis?

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
if it does come in i hope its only goal line technology.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Absolutely yes! And it's a very easy solution. Just give a TV to the fourth ref. If there is a dubious decision, let him just watch the replay and suggest to the main ref if his decision was good or bad.

ZlatanIbra11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Unless its when Barca is playing, No. I don't want Football to become some stupid game where you stop play every 2 seconds :fp:

Diavolo666

Banned
Reaction score
Yes absolutely yes.High Tech Revolution.Artificial Intelligence Robots being Refs instead of real ones(with very high security so Barca cant hack them).Cameras monitoring every move and those cameras serving as Extra Eyes for the Robot Referee so no more fucking Diving.This way that disgusting club Farca cant cheat.

Reaction score
I like the idea of using technology but I wouldn't want it to turn into cricket where the umpires are now too afraid to make a call without going to the third umpire first in case they make a mistake. The tennis system works well because it's player led and they only go to the video if they're sure because they don't want to waste the opportunity

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Goal line technology, but that's it. And it has to be something that tells you straight away if it's in or not. I don't want a hawk-eye type system where you have to wait to see the result. There's already too many stoppages.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Goal line technology, but that's it. And it has to be something that tells you straight away if it's in or not. I don't want a hawk-eye type system where you have to wait to see the result. There's already too many stoppages.

Kind of this. It takes about 15 seconds before you see a goal line replay, in slow motion and at the best angle. That's all you need. It shouldn't be brought in for anything else.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
why can't they have a video ref? Watching it live from difficult angles telling referee what to do using the wires.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
no to video replay challenge like in volleyball

yes to goal line technology for extraordinary event, not like 3 challenges in tennis, there will be too many stoppages and additional time

iirc adidas teamgeist has a chip installed in it.....

Last edited:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Then why have a ref at all? It's fine as it is.

Well at least they can use it for goal line incidents, have a bird's eye camera above the post, and have someone watch it live the whole game and tell refs if there's a goal.

That way we had beaten Juve and that goal's effect is still here.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
yea, just goal-line tech for settling 'ghost goals' asap and correctly for refs should be enough. no need to take away the intensity of the match by having challenges and long video analysis of small fouls.