The Rumour Commode XVIII

Will the sale be officialized in this edition of the Commode?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vulture is pure gold.

I'd rather read his ridiculous third person posts than the tiresome exaggerated niang diatribe. Get a job people it's so boring now

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Stats since last season:

Suso: 1690 minutes: 5 goals, 7 assists = a goal or assist every 141 minutes.
Niang: 2524 minutes, 11 goals, 8 assists = a goal or assist every 133 minutes.
Bacca: 4700 minutes, 27 goals, 6 assists = a goal or assist every 142 minutes.

Facts are facts.

Why incorporate stats of last season? Why not just work with recent season stats? Perhaps because they don't suit your narrative?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All good and valid points. And yeah I agree with sime of them and that some aspects may be more exciting.

However quality wise it's not an increasement. We're not going to see better football games than before. Bloating a tournament with more teams has never let into better quality of football in no competition. So if that's not the case I'm generally questioning why implementing a new system.

Tournaments like the Champions League or the Europeans have suffered quality wise from introducing more teams. I like those tournaments to be a "clash of the elites" and not a party where everyone with a half decent team can join. Watching Champions League should always be special also in the group stages, I really don't care about Ludogorets vs Basel or Kopenhagen vs FC Brügge or whatever in Champions League. I mean how can FC fucking Legia Warschau be part of the Champions League and the 4th of Serie A can't? I want every match to be a bummer. That's why I welcome those new changements to the CL because there will be less fodder teams participating.

If the question is viarity vs quality I'm always for quality.

If only 5 or 6 teams could come from Europe, this would stagnate the development of a lot of teams. You're talking about quality, but the current system ensures that some of the best teams (I think Africa is the one that gets the worst treatment under this system) never get to the World Cup because the qualification process is so cut-throat.

Look at Egypt. Between 2006 and 2010 they won every African Cup, but didn't qualify for the WC. It wasn't a lack of quality, it was them being literally tied with Algeria for the 2010 World Cup and had to go to an extra special game to see who would go in. For the 2006 cup, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and Egypt were all in the same group. People who say Egypt weren't a worthy team forget that in the 2009 Confederations Cup, Egypt did very well. Sure, they did not progress, but they beat Italy, and they deserved to have beaten Brazil before a massive injury crisis led them to lose to a US team they should have beaten.

The comparison between nations and clubs isn't exactly accurate. International tournaments allow there to be exposure of players who wouldn't normally get attention. These teams don't get to practice every day, they are national teams. There are small teams that have improved, even on the club level.

Think of Mourinho's Porto, they won the CL even though they did not have anywhere close to the budget or development of larger clubs. They went up against a Monaco team led by Morientes in the final. Last year in the EL, Molde, a tiny club, beat out Celtic, Ajax, and Fenerbache, which can't be overlooked. They were unlucky to have met Sevilla in the first knockout round, who went on to win the EL. The showing of Iceland in the Euros, also underlines the benefit of expanding the field. Albania's showing in those same Euros also showed that through proper team building and coaching (Biasi was named a candidate for Italy's job) can make teams do very well. Albania were unlucky to get knocked out in the group.

The major problem with the CL recently has been Italian absences of Milan and Inter, honestly. The destruction of Valencia hasn't helped Spain, with Atletico's rise seemingly hitting a snag as they are stuttering a bit.

The expansion doesn't mean that you're going to lose Italy or Brazil from Word Cups, is just giving more opportunities for others to get in. The CL has recognized that just having smaller teams without your big clubs ruins the product, and so they have changed the rules accordingly.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
me too.

niang, niang, niang.

i'm tired too.

i go in facebook, open milan fan pages. what to see:

sell the black fodder, sell niang, sign a lw, blah blah blah.

i go in facebook groups, what to see:

people posting videos of any niang wrong shot and insulting.

come to the commode, what to see:

hope we sign x player, he is better than niang.

can you stop this "niang" thing?

you don't have anything else in your life to do except or talking, criticising or insulting niang?

Sure I can stop this Niang thing as soon as you and the other Niang fanboys stop hyping him up to be some world class talent.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idk, i like vulture personally...

But the minute he tries to compare Suso to Niang i stop reading his post

And when he starts referring to himself in 3rd person, telling other people that they don't know anything about football, and when he implies that his knowledge of football and judging talent is flawless. :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
That is the main issue with you. You look at some Youtube videos and stats and you think you know a player. Football is not about stats and highlight video on Youtube.

You should know this, especially in serie a which is the most tactical league.

what you are saying has nothing to do with it. most of us don't watch primavera players. if it's based in youtube videos about those players, many believed in mastour.

recently many primavera players failed, some of them (like cristante) were hyped more than locatelli, how i would be sure that locatelli was not going to be like them?

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i want dembele and belotti to be our marquee signings this summer

add bakayoko or fabinho for mid and one of conti or barreca for fb positions and we are set for great things.they are all hungry , young and exceptionally talented and they ll propel us levels forward.

as for the suso niang argument....well they are not at the same level.so every discussion on who is better etc has no meaning

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
what you are saying has nothing to do with it. most of us don't watch primavera players. if it's based in youtube videos about those players, many believed in mastour.

recently many primavera players failed, some of them (like cristante) were hyped more than locatelli, how i would be sure that locatelli was not going to be like them?

IDK...by watching the games?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
So Deulofeu on loan with option to buy, but how much € will be the option?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
So Deulofeu on loan with option to buy, but how much € will be the option?

that detail is discussed at the end of the loan ... it will all depend on how he performs and other factors

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Bosancero

Berlusconi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic
me too.

niang, niang, niang.

i'm tired too.

i go in facebook, open milan fan pages. what to see:

sell the black fodder, sell niang, sign a lw, blah blah blah.

i go in facebook groups, what to see:

people posting videos of any niang wrong shot and insulting.

come to the commode, what to see:

hope we sign x player, he is better than niang.

can you stop this "niang" thing?

you don't have anything else in your life to do except or talking, criticising or insulting niang?

Nothing you can do about this mate, its not about niang or any other player, its about the people talking obsessively about him. They are miserable and they always need sombody else to spew their hate on just so they can avoid looking in the mirror for as long as possible.

Once its Pirlo, then its Robinho, then its Boateng, then its Balotelli, then its Bonera, then its Mexes, then in Montolivo, and the next day its Niang. The sooner people realize its not about the players the better it is for everybdy.

Peace.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Nothing you can do about this mate, its not about niang or any other player, its about the people talking obsessively about him. They are miserable and they always need sombody else to spew their hate on just so they can avoid looking in the mirror for as long as possible.

Once its Pirlo, then its Robinho, then its Boateng, then its Balotelli, then its Bonera, then its Mexes, then in Montolivo, and the next day its Niang. The sooner people realize its not about the players the better it is for everybdy.

Peace.

:lol::lol::lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Wait, what is pigeon doing in his hat?

C16thaGXgAA5WJu.jpg

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're talking about European teams.

If they enlarged the WC and just added teams from Europe and South America, then great.

As it is, teams like Wales will still miss out and teams like Tahiti will qualify.

Do you know how many teams from each continent they're adding? I'm sure it has to be roughly the same percentage as it is now.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All good and valid points. And yeah I agree with sime of them and that some aspects may be more exciting.

However quality wise it's not an increasement. We're not going to see better football games than before. Bloating a tournament with more teams has never let into better quality of football in no competition. So if that's not the case I'm generally questioning why implementing a new system.

Tournaments like the Champions League or the Europeans have suffered quality wise from introducing more teams. I like those tournaments to be a "clash of the elites" and not a party where everyone with a half decent team can join. Watching Champions League should always be special also in the group stages, I really don't care about Ludogorets vs Basel or Kopenhagen vs FC Brügge or whatever in Champions League. I mean how can FC fucking Legia Warschau be part of the Champions League and the 4th of Serie A can't? I want every match to be a bummer. That's why I welcome those new changements to the CL because there will be less fodder teams participating.

If the question is viarity vs quality I'm always for quality.

There used to be a lot better competition in the champions league when they didnt try to force good teams to progress and keep the small teams in the shitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule