EL Round of 16 - Arsenal vs AC Milan 2nd leg 15/03/2018 21:05 CET

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
We couldn’t score one goal at home in front of a packed san siro, but we will score two goals away?

giphy.gif

Never stop believing !!

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I would start Monto ahead of Kessie or Jack. Slightly leaning towards dropping Kessie because we may need Jack's creativity to unlock their defense. But definitely need Monto to hold on to the ball.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

if we want to win against arsenal, we need to keep high pressure, pressing them hard, wont let them have much space, open play like last time is just suicade, ars MFs are very technical but fragile

kessie is needed because of that, dont play like just lost the wallet and its ok

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I'd drop one of Jack or Hakan and play Silva on the right behind Cutrone
Arsenal could maul us 3-0 though

I think sitting Hakan is the right choice. Play a 4-4-2 with Cutrone central, I feel he's better closer to the goal than on the wing for obvious reasons. Leave Hakan on the bench so you can bring him on in the second if we need a more offensive player for Bona.

I'm fine with going down 3-0 if we at least tried to win. We got to go out there and play offensively which looks super dangerous, but what can you do when you're down 2-0? It's better to try everything and at worst go out on our shields.

Another extra-time and filling our schedule? Fine, I'll allow it. But this is the last time! :mad:

Idk man, Europe DNA might make it hard not to have more games in Europe that fill our schedule :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
fight this match until the end.
I think a 4-4-2 with silva-cutrone up front will be a good idea.
if this is the chosen formation I would bench Bonaventura or move him at the left and bench hakan instead.
I don't think rino is going to give up and he will make this clear to the team as well.
very hard mission but anything can happen

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
silva-kalinic-borinhio
loca-monto-mauri
anto-musa-zapa-abate
:star:cheaperDollar:star:

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Just ask General to post "asking for hype songs" and then reply to that and we should be fine.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I would once like to see Carlo’s Xmas tree in Europe again..

———————-—-Cutrone
———————Silva———Suso
—————Bona—-—-Big—-——Kess
—Rod————OurAle———Bonucci——Calabria
——————————Donna

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
I would once like to see Carlo’s Xmas tree in Europe again..

———————-—-Cutrone
———————Silva———Suso
—————Bona—-—-Big—-——Kess
—Rod————OurAle———Bonucci——Calabria
——————————Donna

Interesting. :thumbsup:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We were intimidated at home. It's hard to not expect us going into the second leg with a daredevil mentality.

Used to get called Il Diavolo in European competitions.

Try to walk away with a win, scoreline don't matter.

Good luck, Milan.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Silva and Cutrone upfront.

agreed.

Kessie, Calabria, RR basically need to have perfect games for us to have a chance.

Kessie needs to be all over the place pressuring their midfield, and going directly at them. RR and Calabria need to have great defensive games against Miki and Ozil to stop their creative force. force them to pass backwards etc. (very difficult task).

Also offensively RR and Calabria need to be an option all game to free up Suso and Calhanoglu and create more space in the middle for Kessie and Bona to exploit.

Very difficult task, but lets see if we run all game and are in their face from the start we might be able to force some mistakes.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I never understood that.
Silva is still sorting out his positioning....and Cutrone's positioning is stellar....so why not give Silva the role where he can move to get comfortable to shoot/pass (which is how he plays anyway) and play Cutrone as the CF to be on the end of those passes/rebounds etc?

Genuine question...can someone explain it?
The reasoning (I guess) is that Silva can actually hold up the ball well in the middle and spray passes where he wants....but if Cutrone is out wide, he might not get back in a good shooting position :conf:

I think its the players more than the manager on this one. Cutrone played on the wing before in youth system etc so he probably just feels more comfortable there than Silva does. This is my best assumption

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Silva and Cutrone upfront. Suso and one of Bona/Hakan on the wing. Go all out for a win

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
For me, as I consider us eliminated, we can go on adventure this game and do some experiment with two strikers. Silva - Cutrone.

Id avoid Suso in the centre of the field.
I wouldnt play Hakan whose a bit off lately. Bona replaces him for me and he would be at his natural position (lcm)

I dont prefer RR as we need speed down the flanks.

Thinking of something like this
-------silva-cutrone
Bona----------------suso
-----monto-kessie
Calabria/Roma/Bonu/Abate

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
We’re out let’s not kid ourselves... Chievo is more important... having that said, I know we’ll put up a good fight and try to get goals.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Kill them... if we score in opening 30 mins we will go through.

forza milan.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Still 2 more days to the game, but i'm getting all fired up.

Don't wanna give up on this game. This is the kind of game that needs mentality on top of anything. And Rhino is the perfect man for this kind of situation.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Great Milan would be able to overturn any deficit anywhere in Europe. This Milan, though, is still just becoming a team. This means more to Arsenal than us tbh, and they defend a good lead at their own backyard. We’ll obviously try, but I’m not getting my hopes high.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Arsenal 2 - milan 2.

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Arsenal will score 1 goal at home somehow
As i know milan they will give us the best performance in football and score at least 3.

The first half shock we suffered from in the first leg is history now, the second half we have been dominating the game sadly without scoring, now its the time to show what is milan made of!!!

It's WAR! FORZA MILAN!!!