The Final: Italy vs France

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
kevin_dk said:
Yes, u got it. Ppl say Azzurri played like crap. However, excuse me, then France could not be able to win a crappy, everage team. Do those ppl think France deserves the title? Once they could not decide the result by themselves, don't say anything else.

who said azzurri played like crap ? ask him / her to come speak to me :mad:
i think france played like crap instead. zidane iwas so violent but still i have to thank him! merci zidane. you did a great job. the PK given by the referee to the french team was crap. from what i saw , it was the french player who tripped over his own feet! :mad: there goes buffon clean sheet :mad: oh who cares anyway now. azzurri won the world cup 4 times,:D
brazil , we're coming!! :cool:

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
Congrats to all Italy players :d they deserved it after all and how to win they said on tv when it comes to penaltys than Italy will be the loser but always had faith in the players and than Materazzi comes on and I thought now were done!! But he played excellent and his penalty was magnificent so Grazie Materazzi but especially Grazie Cannavaro, Grazie Pirlo

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Sandro Nesta said:
Congrats to all Italy players :d they deserved it after all and how to win they said on tv when it comes to penaltys than Italy will be the loser but always had faith in the players and than Materazzi comes on and I thought now were done!! But he played excellent and his penalty was magnificent so Grazie Materazzi but especially Grazie Cannavaro, Grazie Pirlo

you forgot buffon :) . :star: :star: :star: :star:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag

VOILA!!! VOILA!!! VOILA!!!

FORZA AZZURRI!!! VIVA LA ITALIA!!!

PinoRossonero

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Pfft. Italy played like crap and they still won. Way to end your career, Zidane. :head:

BRING RESPECT TO THE 4th TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS.... FORZA ITALIA! FRANCIA BUU

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Like I said in my post, any team who will win the game will make me happy (as long as it’s not England). So I won’t comment on the game.

What was Zidane thinking. Last ever game in his career, the biggest possible game in any player’s playing career and he did a very stupid thing. Absolute madness (although I didn’t think had he stayed on the field France would’ve done any better in the penalty kick). I know he stomped a Saudi Arabian player in WC 98 and got sent off in some CL games when he was in Juve and he might be provoked by Materazzi but this is beyond any comprehension and his glorious career will be forever remembered by this sad moment of madness. He was not even allowed to get his runner-up medal. So sad.

And we have to remember that the ref and his two assistants didn’t see the incident and it was only after the 4th or 5th assistant referred to the video replay that the ref flashed the red card. This means that incidents in an on-going match can be decided by video replays and will ushered in a new era.

Italy finally had their revenge on Trezeguet, after firing that golden goal in Euro 2000, he’s the one giving them the biggest loot of all. I am happy Italy won but I am more saddened with Zidane ending his career that way.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
vo-dich.jpg

phao-hoa.jpg

an-mung.jpg

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Nice pic kev :star:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
accordin' to Fifa... it was the 4th official that witnessed the incident with his own eyes... not on video... only the 5th official had video source... don't just take in the words of an apparently unhappy Henry... who we all know learnt the act of excuse makin' while plyin' his trade in the blame-everyone-but-yourself-or-your-team-when-you-lose-syndrome of the English...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
accordin' to Fifa... it was the 4th official that witnessed the incident with his own eyes... not on video... only the 5th official had video source... don't just take in the words of an apparently unhappy Henry... who we all know learnt the act of excuse makin' while plyin' his trade in the blame-everyone-but-yourself-or-your-team-when-you-lose-syndrome of the English...

LOL :D Thats a perfect description of his charateristics :D

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
I am the happiest person in the world together with all Italia supporters....

Congratulations to all of you ... Great game... Could be better display by Italia, but who cares, we are the world champions....

FORZA AZZURI GRAZIE

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Congratulations AZZURI. How the hell in the world, METTARAZZI kept his cool where as ZIZOU got a red card ??

I guess, that says it all. I am completely stunned with the calmness and patience of METTARAZZI in both the SEMI and FINALE of the this world cup.

To be completely honest, I would have the last person to think that METTARAZZI can keep his cool but he did !! BRAVO !!

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gatorbasu said:
Congratulations AZZURI. How the hell in the world, METTARAZZI kept his cool where as ZIZOU got a red card ??

I guess, that says it all. I am completely stunned with the calmness and patience of METTARAZZI in both the SEMI and FINALE of the this world cup.

To be completely honest, I would have the last person to think that METTARAZZI can keep his cool but he did !! BRAVO !!
Actually name 1 time when he lost his cool...All those 'tackles' on Sheva, Pippo, Kaka and everybody else arent in anger...It's just cuz he's careless outside his own box.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pipa said:
Zidane could have went for the nose or knee and injured cow till next next season.... that way at least Gila would be safe during derbys .. <_<

Funny !!

But I tell you though, if METTARAZZI keeps playing the way he did in last two games of this WC, then he would become one of the best central defenders of the game !! And in that case, he becomes more effective and less harmful physically to strikers such as GILA.

But that is what I don't want. Now that we got the WC, let METTARAZZI go back to his old self being reckless and sloppy and stupid !!

Forza MILANO !!

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
I am happy Italy won but I am more saddened with Zidane ending his career that way.

It is really unfortunate but as you pointed out, this is not the first time ZIDANE has done something like this.

Being touted as one of the best ever to play this sport, he should have way much more class than what he did on the field !! Too bad for him to end his career in this way !!

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Gatorbasu said:
It is really unfortunate but as you pointed out, this is not the first time ZIDANE has done something like this.

Being touted as one of the best ever to play this sport, he should have way much more class than what he did on the field !! Too bad for him to end his career in this way !!

In soccernet.com I read some article about Zidane's headbutt that goes something like this:

"Had he stayed on the pitch and France won the World Cup, he will join the pantheon of Pele and Maradona as the greatest ever players in the history of soccer. But his stupidity confined him only to the same level with players like Platini, Cruyff and Beckenbauer. Not a bad finish but he could've done better."

How true.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Milanista said:
how much did you win ? :D

I won 200 euro. And my wager was 10 euro. So I think a good deal. :D

I wish I could invest this money in a party together with all of you.

FORZA ITALIA :star: :star: :star: :star:
(four stars)

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Zambrotta: For Pessotto

Italy star Gianluca Zambrotta dedicated the World Cup victory to Gianluca Zambrotta after his side defeated France on penalties to win the tournament on Sunday night.

Pessotto is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after an apparent suicide attempt.

“Clearly the victory is dedicated to Pessotto,” said Zambrotta of his former Juventus team-mate.

“He’s going through a difficult moment in his life and this is more important than a World Cup. He is our friend and we hope to sit at his bedside telling him in person that this was all for him.”

goal.com

Dora

Freedom Spirit
Reaction score
i'm so happy that italy won :)
i was very nervous while watching the game, especially while the penalties,
trezeguet was really unlucky to miss it
does anyone know what matterazi said to zidane?

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
DugiNesta said:

Italy star Gianluca Zambrotta dedicated the World Cup victory to Gianluca Zambrotta after his side defeated France on penalties to win the tournament on Sunday night.

Pessotto is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after an apparent suicide attempt.

“Clearly the victory is dedicated to Pessotto,” said Zambrotta of his former Juventus team-mate.

“He’s going through a difficult moment in his life and this is more important than a World Cup. He is our friend and we hope to sit at his bedside telling him in person that this was all for him.”

goal.com

Yes, this world cup is for Pessotto.
He deserves it.
I hope he will be very happy when he hear that.

I wish him all the best.

Pessotto, we are with you.

MilanEqualsLove

-.Mrs Nesta.-
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Zlatan, Prince
San Paolo said:
Bahahahahahahahaha! Suck Shit Zidane!!!!

Italia Campioni Del Mondo 2006! We Got Routed And Still Won!!!!

Best Day Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pirlo Motm Again Haha Killing It!!!! Now All We Need Is Juve To Serie C And This Is Going To Go Off Hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went And Partied With All The Italians Today Fucken Awesome!!!!!!!

Man, I saw the game last night, I came to the bar/place 1 min, before Materazzi scored..lol..
I partied so much that I just woke up hmm..IT WAS BLOODY AWESOME..MAN..I WAS SO NERVOUS WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR THE PENALTIES..AND WHEN THEY WON..THE WHOLE CITY OF STOCKHOLM TURNED ITALIAN..with some few frenchmen..WHO BY the way..weren't sore losers, they congratulated quickly..THE BEST GAME OF WC 2006..!
FORZA ITALIAAAAAAA
:D

BIG LOVE TO ALL THE AZZURRI PLAYERS ESPECIALLY RINO AND PIRLO..+ GROSSO..:D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, P.Nedved, Raul, F.Torres, Sheva, Petr Cech, C.Ronaldo, Robin Van Persie, L.Figo, P.Lahm, Beck
I hoped not to see these teams in final. but reality is different. So I am really very happy that Italy, not France became World cup winner ;>
cobgratulations to Italy national team fans :)

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
One of leading football experts Marco Madzocco, after a match, not without some irony has summed up: "We are glad for French players, in fact their compatriot Pierre de Coubertin once said, that the main thing is not a victory, but participation. And to us, Italians, only victory has given us the pleasure!"

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dora said:
i'm so happy that italy won :)
i was very nervous while watching the game, especially while the penalties,
trezeguet was really unlucky to miss it
does anyone know what matterazi said to zidane?
It doesn't matter anymore what Matrix said to Zizou, no matter what he said, Zizou shouldn't have behaved in a violent way like that. I agree that the referees were not allowed to use the video as an evidence while the match was still going on, but Zizou's fault deserved a red card and he did.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Gatorbasu said:
Funny !!

But I tell you though, if METTARAZZI keeps playing the way he did in last two games of this WC, then he would become one of the best central defenders of the game !! And in that case, he becomes more effective and less harmful physically to strikers such as GILA.

But that is what I don't want. Now that we got the WC, let METTARAZZI go back to his old self being reckless and sloppy and stupid !!

Forza MILANO !!
He'll return to his true self once the season starts ... we'll see him breaking legs soon..

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
DugiNesta said:

He dedicated the victory to himself ... >_>

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Rosanna03 said:
I won 200 euro. And my wager was 10 euro. So I think a good deal. :D

I wish I could invest this money in a party together with all of you.

FORZA ITALIA :star: :star: :star: :star:
(four stars)

congratulations. please use the money and buy a new azzurri jersey with 4 stars :D :star: :star: :star: :star:

Schedule